Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Uncle Senty's build ranting

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Uncle Senty's build ranting Empty Uncle Senty's build ranting

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:43 am

A lot of people in my Friend List still ask me to help them with bosses. I'm very glad they do, because I simply love helping others, but some of the times I can't do it, because I don't have a character in their SL range.

After trying it with this calculator (this one doesn't work, at least for me), I've made several builds, which should enable me to cover ALL possible SL ranges up to 120 and I could also use them for any event that may be held in the future.

SL 1 - Should be able to co-op with other SL 1s and up to SL 11.
    SL 25 - Should be able to co-op with SLs of 13-37.
    SL 55 - Should be able to co-op with SLs of 40-70.
    SL 85 - Should be able to co-op with SLs of 68-103.
    SL 100 - Should be able to co-op with SLs of 81-120.

With the exception of SL 12, 38, 39 and above SL 120 (I do have three SL 120s, so it's ok), I should be able to co-op with anyone in SL range 1-120.

Is that correct?

Note that I don't have those SL 25 and 85 builds. I would have to create them (which I really don't want to without BB glitch) and thus aren't complete. Also, I'm thinking about either leveling up, or deleting that SL 100 and making it Dex Pyro. I dislike it's 30 Vit on SL 100 a lot.

What do you guys think?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Uncle Senty's build ranting Empty Re: Uncle Senty's build ranting

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 am

You are going to be using my method it looks like, I just haven't finished my 55 or 100 yet, though both could be done within a matter of hours.

The main issue is making sure your builds can handle multiple types of bosses in that SL range.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 am

All my builds are nearly identical, while one may say I lack imagination, or fantasy, which is possibly true, I just use it like this because I like it and find them to be effective. With the exception of the current SL 100, who can handle any boss, the rest can do so as well, but it will take them much more time, because they don't do so much damage as SLB can dish out.

My main issue is actually the building process. I enjoy runing through the game for 12487th time, but what I sincerely hate is getting all the required gear, upgrade material, and souls to purchase all I need. It usually takes me over 20 hours to setup one of these guys, because I use MANY weapons on them. I've had a generous donator for my SL 55 who gave me 99 Red Chunks and 10 Red Slabs and it wasn't enough. 😢
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 am

I have two toons who may be able to donate to your SL100.

I try to make themes and cosplays for each of my different ranges. Like my Eighty range, is Black Iron Tarkus.

But I leave them with some room of course, he can easily switch to Giant's, or a mix of Stone Guardian's and Xanthous when dealing with magic damage. He can use the Crest Shield.

http://mmdks.com/srf

That's my current SL55 build I'll be using, of course when dealing with magic he can switch out that shield easily, since it's such a heavy one. Black Knight, Silver Knight, Crest, he can use them all. The main issue is giving a ranged attack. My eight range doesn't have one.

While against say Kalameet, my 55 can shoot him in the tail to help the host, or draw enemies a lot easier.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 am

I would actually very appreciate the donation for SL 25, or 85, since I already got SL 100, even though I'm not entirely satisfied with it.
    I could always ask to simply transfer the current SL 100s items to the new one, but his items will be useless to SL 25. SL 85 might use some of them though.
    My SL 125s can give a lot of items away as a trade as well.

Yes, having a ranged option is great, especially for Kalameet and O&S. I always got at least one bow and two crossbows on every toon. Each has like...20 weapons...probably more and that's just one upgrade path. I like to have my most favourite weapons in both Fire and Lightning. On the opposite note, I need only three shields, all of the Crest ones and they're more than enough for me.

I would love to be able to buy Chunks, even at ridiculous price.

Your build is very good. I think I've fought someone with Murakumo in Sen's event, was that you?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 am

Nah, my toon didn't has the stats to wield it plus I was hosting, though my Murakumo is legendary...Too bad its covered in rust. I might be able to help you in those two SL ranges, I'll have to check some toons after I finish leveling this guy up.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 am

Murakumo is my nightmare and dream at the same time.

I seriously categorize the weapon to be even above the Chaos Blade and I think that it is the best weapon in whole Dark Souls, but it's so incredibly hard to master. But when you do, the results are overwhelming. I saw quite a few videos and actually met a few guys who were pretty good with it and I'm not even close to any of them after doing some 20+ hours with it.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am

The most important part is predicting the enemy, and going for combos. A classic tactic of mine, R2, R2, kick, R1.

R2 for a dead angle, they will either roll away or go for your back. If your back, R2 behind you, usually they are now staggered. They can toggle out, so you kick them, and go for a quick R1 to finish them off.

If you are feeling really risky, predict where they will be and one handed jump attack, it dead angles with a wide range. I've done that before and killed people without them ever going a second without being hit.

Of course, I suck at predicting now so I can't even pull off my old cool moves.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 am

My best move is using 1H R2 to either hit, or lure bs, do a tiny delay, unlock and do the second R2 behind me, followed up with a Black Flame, because I don't think I can chain kick and R1.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am

Well it's not a bad idea to mix in quick burst magic since stamina will only last so long, as well chain kicking can be a bit annoying sometimes in open areas.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 am

Back to the builds if I may.

Do you think it will be usefull for co-op and of course PvP?
    Also, given the ranges, if I make these, will I be able to participate in any forum held events with at least one of these?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 am

Well, 55 is one zone that people are looking to set up, 99/100 is another, and I believe others are interested in something in the 80 range, so you'll probably be able to join any forum event.

At SL 50, 80, and 100 there are many people doing PvP so you'll have options there.

And of course, you'll have every level range covered for when you want to help people, while being reasonable.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 am

Coolicool. ^^

Now to just get my lazy bottom to create them...
    Hours spend in character creation, here I come! happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am