Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Jester's Tears
Walter_White
BagerX2
Tolvo
BLA1NE
WyrmHero
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
12 posters

O & S Boss question

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

O & S Boss question - Page 2 Empty Re: O & S Boss question

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:
    Flankydizzle wrote:Which covenant are you in OP?

If you go and kill four kings without talking to Frampt in firelink shrine then you can join Darkwraith covenant which is probably the most fun covenant in the whole game.

Invade other's worlds and kill them to stop Their progress AND THEIR FUN?
    THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN INDEED. Well What is it
    The Red Eye Orb only allows you to invade other people's worlds. What you do once you're in there is up to YOU. If you can't think of anything else to do than hindering the host's progress, that's your lack of creativity. Others choose to be Giftwraiths, others only kill Phantoms, others just like to troll, etc. There's A LOT MORE to Darkwraiths than just ruining other people's fun. In fact, if you choose, you can make other people's game a lot MORE fun by invading them.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 pm

I have gifted, I have trolled, I have killed, Ive dueld other phantoms, whatever feels right when in.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm

2 hand the BKH stack poise and just swing till they die. The BKH just destroys everything.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 am

59 poise was the most I could get at the time, possibly 1-2 more if I swapped out my helmet, so stacking Poise wasn't really an option.

And while non-stop invasions sounds fun, I don't have online on my Xbox at the moment so I went Daughters of Chaos to get some Pyromancy~

Edit:
    Also, I think I've only put 1 point into Vit, so even with a bunch of Poise I'd go down in a couple hits
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 am

Daughters of chaos is good. It will help open a shorcut Thats useful later.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am

Zephryl wrote:59 poise was the most I could get at the time, possibly 1-2 more if I swapped out my helmet, so stacking Poise wasn't really an option.

Also, I think I've only put 1 point into Vit, so even with a bunch of Poise I'd go down in a couple hits
    Did you not pick up Havel's armor? Go back and get it! That's a good call about the Vit--need that if you're going to be tanking hits. Still, go get Havel's! And the Wolf's ring.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:44 am

BLA1NE wrote:
    Zephryl wrote:59 poise was the most I could get at the time, possibly 1-2 more if I swapped out my helmet, so stacking Poise wasn't really an option.

Did you not pick up Havel's armor? Go back and get it! That's a good call about the Vit--need that if you're going to be tanking hits. Still, go get Havel's! And the Wolf's ring.

I didn't have the Wolf's Ring at the time, but I did have Havel's. My Steel Set + Gargoyle Helm was the heaviest armor I could wear while still Medium Rolling though, I can't stand Fat Rolling.

Because of my low Vit, I have a happy medium of Shield-tanking or dodging attacks
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 am

You should really get the wolf ring, it's amazing.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 am

Flankydizzle wrote:You should really get the wolf ring, it's amazing.

Yeah, I have it now~ Though I don't use it. Havel's Ring and the... Cloranthy Ring? are my chosen rings~
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Didn't really want to make a new topic, so I'll ask here.

Is there any "Recommended" order to the various Lord Souls? Been considering the merits of each one as I upgrade my Pyromancy...
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 pm

BLA1NE wrote:

Or Iron Tarkus Black Iron set , i love that armor happy
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Zephryl wrote:Didn't really want to make a new topic, so I'll ask here.

Is there any "Recommended" order to the various Lord Souls? Been considering the merits of each one as I upgrade my Pyromancy...

Upgrading pyromancy to +15 and then ascended +5 only comes down to souls (heaps of souls). Having said that, I believe if you kill Bed of Chaos then the pyro trainer in blightown disappears meaning no more ascending. So you might want to leave BOC for last or maybe just ascend in ng+.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Bloodpact91 wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:

Yeah, it's a good set. Pretty good looking, too! Havel's just stands out because of its poise/ weight ratio that is well above any other in the game (except the hollow soldier waistcloth, but that's not very much poise--at a certain point, raw numbers become more relevant than %). So if you want poise above all else (Havel's doesn't have exceptional defenses), just one or two pieces will give you a big boost.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:

Yeah, it's a good set. Pretty good looking, too! Havel's just stands out because of its poise/ weight ratio that is well above any other in the game (except the hollow soldier waistcloth, but that's not very much poise--at a certain point, raw numbers become more relevant than %). So if you want poise above all else (Havel's doesn't have exceptional defenses), just one or two pieces will give you a big boost.

I got the full black iron fully upgraded happy but i get your idea with havel's set!

(Off-Topic: I see you're from montreal, i go to school in Granby happy )

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm

^Have you been to the Zoo? silly All I know of Granby is I went to the zoo there in my youth! Which school is that?
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:57 am

Flankydizzle wrote:

Upgrading pyromancy to +15 and then ascended +5 only comes down to souls (heaps of souls). Having said that, I believe if you kill Bed of Chaos then the pyro trainer in blightown disappears meaning no more ascending. So you might want to leave BOC for last or maybe just ascend in ng+.

Ah I see~ Well I'm not terribly fussed about ascending it at the moment, my Pyromancy is more of my backup skill than anything. I'll probably still leave BoC for later though, since I gotta farm Humanity if I wanna open the shortcut down.

I think I might head into the Archives then, if there's not a recommended order~
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 am

You can do them in any order you like. I don't think any one is really harder than another (I'm not the best person to ask about difficulty though, because I consider the whole game easy by now!). If you plan on skipping Firesage and Centipede by using the shortcut, though, then I recommend:

- Nito or Seath
    - BoC
    - 4 Kings

As soon as you have 30 humanity, you should do BoC. Until you have 30 Humanity, you should go for Nito and/ or Seath first. I only recommend doing the 4 Kings after because of their humanity sucking attack, which would be annoying since you're trying to collect humanity! Worse comes to worse, you can always kill Firesage and the Centipede, go through the Demon Ruins, and open the shortcut from the other side...

But really, you can fight the lords in any order, doesn't matter!
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 am

I see! Thanks~ I might go to the Archive first then, since Tomb of Giants brutally killed me last time I was there... And having to go past those annoying Bonewheel Skeletons again. Ugh. Whoever invented those devilspawn needs to suffer.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Zephryl wrote:
    Flankydizzle wrote:

Ah I see~ Well I'm not terribly fussed about ascending it at the moment, my Pyromancy is more of my backup skill than anything. I'll probably still leave BoC for later though, since I gotta farm Humanity if I wanna open the shortcut down.

I think I might head into the Archives then, if there's not a recommended order~
    That pyromancy trainer can be kept available if you talk to her and get her to ask you to kill the bed of chaos, if you do that then you will get fire tempest as a reward if you talk to her after killing the bed of chaos. (talk option to get her to ask, may take a few tries).
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 am

Aznul wrote:
    That pyromancy trainer can be kept available if you talk to her and get her to ask you to kill the bed of chaos, if you do that then you will get fire tempest as a reward if you talk to her after killing the bed of chaos. (talk option to get her to ask, may take a few tries).

Oh! Awesome! I'll make sure to do that before heading down to BoC then~ Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 am