Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Zephryl
raecor14
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
skarekrow13
Sloth9230
LunarFog
Samurainova
14 posters

Dark Souls To Go

Poll

Do you think Dark Souls would do well on a portable device???

[ 3 ]
    Dark Souls To Go I_vote_lcap13%Dark Souls To Go I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Dark Souls To Go I_vote_lcap87%Dark Souls To Go I_vote_rcap [87%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dark Souls To Go Empty Dark Souls To Go

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey guys, as of recently a petition has begun for Dark Souls 2 to be on the wii u, despite its already announcement for the pc, xbox 360 and ps3. I doubt it'll happen but you never know... I was wondering if you guys thought it would do better on another handheld device, such as the psp vita, or if it should even be on a handheld at all. Post all your thought below happy
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls To Go Empty Re: Dark Souls To Go

Post by LunarFog Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Darksouls on the Wii U? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thatsahorribleidea.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 pm

To me any handheld game that isn't Pokemon, is just a something to entertain you while you're on a train or something. The Souls series is something that should demand people take time out of their day and actually think for a little.

I fear that if it actually gets put on a handheld, then people won't take it as seriously. That goes for the developers as well as other players.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 pm

I would love Vita but it would have to be streamed from the ps3. There's proof of concept of a vita rocking a game that way and with little problem but Sony doesn't seem keen on pushing that feature to it's limit. Sigh....

Edit: wanted to clarify I voted "no" however. I know the vita has the ability but I don't think it would get the needed support. Basically it would have to the console game on a small screen

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 pm

TBH, Monster Hunter was a fantastic game on the PSP. That had me thinking a whole bunch. In fact, almost as much as dark souls makes me think now.

The fact that the new director of dark souls worked with monster hunter makes the possibilty of a good handheld dark souls game...much more probable.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 pm

I always forget that MH has PSP game silly The directors aren't the same person though we/people just thought they were.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 am

No . . . Just no.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 am

I say no. Though Monster Hunter is coming to the Wii U.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:58 am

Dark Souls on a portable device? Nope not happening this time. The one for the game on pc made sense and was do-able but this? I can't see it happening.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 am

Sloth9230 wrote:To me any handheld game that isn't Pokemon, is just a something to entertain you while you're on a train or something. The Souls series is something that should demand people take time out of their day and actually think for a little.

I fear that if it actually gets put on a handheld, then people won't take it as seriously. That goes for the developers as well as other players.

To be honest, i dont know very much about the psp vita. I do know how their is some sort of online feature through the ps3. Many people said it would work on wii u because of the touchscreen interface for invetory management, but that just sounds kind of weird...
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 am

No. I'm not going to lie I have a bias when it comes to handheld games and there are only a few game exceptions that I will play. (Monster Hunter, Zelda, and Metroid Prime). After that though I can't stand any of the other games that have been released for handheld devices.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:09 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Dark Souls on a portable device? Nope not happening this time. The one for the game on pc made sense and was do-able but this? I can't see it happening.

Well it seems very weird at first, but souls is a series that continues to impress. To be able to successfully achieve something that looks and seems near hopeless seems like a life lesson souls teaches, and something From software could do. Albeit, i don't know HOW they would pull it off, but im not ruling it out. thanks for your opinion soris happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 am

GrinTwist wrote:No. I'm not going to lie I have a bias when it comes to handheld games and there are only a few game exceptions that I will play. (Monster Hunter, Zelda, and Metroid Prime). After that though I can't stand any of the other games that have been released for handheld devices.

I played the crap out of Pokemon back in elementary lol
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I say no. Though Monster Hunter is coming to the Wii U.

I've never played monster hunter, or the wii u very much lol i heard monster hunter was pretty good though. happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:12 am

reim0027 wrote:No . . . Just no.

Care to explain why? This thread is all about opinions my friend, and im sure everyone would appreciate the reasoning behind your comment happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I would love Vita but it would have to be streamed from the ps3. There's proof of concept of a vita rocking a game that way and with little problem but Sony doesn't seem keen on pushing that feature to it's limit. Sigh....

Edit: wanted to clarify I voted "no" however. I know the vita has the ability but I don't think it would get the needed support. Basically it would have to the console game on a small screen

Want to know a secret? I voted "no" too, on my own poll...hehe ^^
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:15 am

Samurainova wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:No. I'm not going to lie I have a bias when it comes to handheld games and there are only a few game exceptions that I will play. (Monster Hunter, Zelda, and Metroid Prime). After that though I can't stand any of the other games that have been released for handheld devices.

I played the crap out of Pokemon back in elementary lol

I know I'm going to sound like someone that has no childhood, but I never played any of the pokemon games. Never cared much for the show or the cards. Now the manga that was released on the other hand was great. big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 am

Ok, so my programming experience is 0. But, logically, the more ports you have, the more problems you have in programming (trying to program to fit all the different platforms). Now, you have a game that is best played on higher performing platforms, and you port it to the wii? Why?
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 am

while i could see it working, if done right, it just won't happen. i would rather a better game for the PS3 than a mediocre one that has a portable function. as for the wii U i shall list my reasons
    1. its a Nintendo console, it is aimed as casual and kiddy audiences. no i am not saying that is bad, no i am not saying that a more "hard core" gamer can't get into any of the games i love Mario, Zelda, monster hunter, Luigi's mansion, ect ect

2. i have a funny feeling DS2 will be on the next gen platforms...... think about it. the PS4 is hinted to come out next year and i doubt the next Xbox will be far after it. dark souls 2 is going to take around 1-2 years to be finished.... it just seams likely thats all. now if the rumors can be believed the Wii U will be distroyed in power by both meaning that most of the games will not be able to be multi platform with it.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:33 am

raecor14 wrote:while i could see it working, if done right, it just won't happen. i would rather a better game for the PS3 than a mediocre one that has a portable function. as for the wii U i shall list my reasons
    1. its a Nintendo console, it is aimed as casual and kiddy audiences. no i am not saying that is bad, no i am not saying that a more "hard core" gamer can't get into any of the games i love Mario, Zelda, monster hunter, Luigi's mansion, ect ect

2. i have a funny feeling DS2 will be on the next gen platforms...... think about it. the PS4 is hinted to come out next year and i doubt the next Xbox will be far after it. dark souls 2 is going to take around 1-2 years to be finished.... it just seams likely thats all. now if the rumors can be believed the Wii U will be distroyed in power by both meaning that most of the games will not be able to be multi platform with it.

I think it will be for this gen's consoles. I think Dark Souls two was already under production when Dark souls was just released. This often happens, i do know for a fact that the Elder Scrolls Morrowind was being made before the xbox was released, and same for oblivion for xbox 360, so its possible they may decide to release it on next gen platforms. Very interesting happy
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 am

Samurainova wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:while i could see it working, if done right, it just won't happen. i would rather a better game for the PS3 than a mediocre one that has a portable function. as for the wii U i shall list my reasons

I think it will be for this gen's consoles. I think Dark Souls two was already under production when Dark souls was just released. This often happens, i do know for a fact that the Elder Scrolls Morrowind was being made before the xbox was released, and same for oblivion for xbox 360, so its possible they may decide to release it on next gen platforms. Very interesting happy

well the fact they have a playable demo that also looks good says a lot. it may not be so long before it gets here, that would be nice.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:37 am

raecor14 wrote:

Pretty sure it's confirmed for this Gen, at least it is according to the website. http://www.darksoulsii.com/
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:42 am

reim0027 wrote:Ok, so my programming experience is 0. But, logically, the more ports you have, the more problems you have in programming (trying to program to fit all the different platforms). Now, you have a game that is best played on higher performing platforms, and you port it to the wii? Why?

Well in order to make it on a handheld, you cant port it. It would have to be a new game entirely, with the exception of some game material such as lore, armor sets names, weapons etc. But at it's core, those weapons and armor models will have to be made from scratch, so while their may be some name similarities the potential for a whole new engine or take on the Dark Souls series in handheld form is quite possible. However, their is also very large potential to mess it up really bad...but i have faith in from and regardless of it being good or not, i would buy it to support the company that brought me Dark Souls. And by "Wii" im assuming the "Wii", not "Wii U", so yeah, i would have to say porting it to the Wii would be pretty bad, a lot of the impressive texture work just would'nt be their.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:43 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:

well the fact they have a playable demo that also looks good says a lot. it may not be so long before it gets here, that would be nice.

If it would be this year i'd be amazed!!!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 am

That makes sense. It just seems wrong. It is like Wii Mario Kart or Wii fit coming to the PS3. Just, wrong. IMHO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm