Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Need help for build. (RESOLVED)

Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Need help for build. (RESOLVED) Empty Need help for build. (RESOLVED)

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi ,

I was wondering if any of you could help me out with building my character.
    I made this guy because so far i've only made light armored ,fast character, and i wanted to try out being heavy armored with a huge weapon. So i don't really know how to build him , i'm guessing Str and endurance but what other skill? Maybe Faith for sunbro? i don't know.

I'm currently SL 15 but i have 73k souls wich mean i can level all the way to SL 33 ( 18 times).

My current skills are : Vit:12 Att:8 End:14 Str:20 Dex:14 Res:11 Intel: 9 Faith:9

My armor and weapons are : Gargoyle Helm , Balder Armor, Balder Gauntlet , Hard leather boot , Havel's ring, Ring of favor and protection , Grass crest shield, Claymore +3 ( i have Zweihander but i can't use it just yet)

Any input from you guys will be greatly apreciated. happy

And also if anyone have a char within range of my char ( im 15 but i can get up to 33) and have heavy armor they don't need or large weapon any donation would be really apreciated happy Sadly i don't think i have anything of value to give back sad exept maybe , Gargoyle Tail axe or Drake sword.

Thank you for taking the time to read this happy

Last edited by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Need help for build. (RESOLVED) Empty Re: Need help for build. (RESOLVED)

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 pm

i'll have to look on my lvl 20 to see if he has anything to give and my lvl 40 only has weapons upgraded for himself, he may have some armors that he will never use but not sure what exactly your looking for when it comes to armor. looks like you've chose a warrior class and with no fai and att your not using any magic much like my lvl 40 lol, and with your ring looks like you've gotten pretty far unless that was given to ya...i'd have to say i've had alot of fun with my lvl 40 he's all they way up to the kiln if you need anything, i'll see what i have on him for armor and get back to ya
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm

ok, my lvl 20 only has the elite knight set. my lvl 40 has the knight set, elite knight, eastern set, silver/black knight and the iron set, i could pick up the black iron set if you would like it, honestly that's a pretty decent heavy set imo
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Kuragari wrote:i'll have to look on my lvl 20 to see if he has anything to give and my lvl 40 only has weapons upgraded for himself, he may have some armors that he will never use but not sure what exactly your looking for when it comes to armor. looks like you've chose a warrior class and with no fai and att your not using any magic much like my lvl 40 lol, and with your ring looks like you've gotten pretty far unless that was given to ya...i'd have to say i've had alot of fun with my lvl 40 he's all they way up to the kiln if you need anything, i'll see what i have on him for armor and get back to ya

the furthest i went with this char is the Bell gargoyle. I am currently in the undead burg helping people out with the taurus demon , havel and the black knight guarding the blue tearstone ring. And as for armor i'm just looking for some nice heavy armor that makes me look like a tower xD but any armor would do fine happy And if you're talking about lautrec ring, i decided to kick him off the cliff in firelink shrine to save me the trouble of killing him later , and he dropped it with i think a humanity.

And i'm not exactly looking to use magic per say but i'd like to use those lighthing spell thing that the sunbro offer happy

Last edited by Bloodpact91 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Please use MugenMonkey before allocating anymore stats it makes everything so much easier/organized.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Please use MugenMonkey before allocating anymore stats it makes everything so much easier/organized.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

oh nice , i'm gonna have a look
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm

the first lightning spell requires a faith of 20 which opens up a good window for lots of different things, i'll hunt down the black iron set, that's pretty tough and heavy armor. what lvl are you going to be at, once you get around lvl 40 let me know and i'll give you the black iron set
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Kuragari wrote:the first lightning spell requires a faith of 20 which opens up a good window for lots of different things, i'll hunt down the black iron set, that's pretty tough and heavy armor. what lvl are you going to be at, once you get around lvl 40 let me know and i'll give you the black iron set

Ok ! thanks alot , i should be level 33 like tomorrow or later tonight , depending on how long my decision is to make my build happy
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Anyway - here's a tank http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=238618736326087084

Note: These type of builds aren't really my specialty but maybe it can give you some ideas. Need help for build. (RESOLVED) 3358384175
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm

so i've tried a couple option , so i either fatroll and have enough str for black iron shield , or mid roll but i can't weild the shield. With the amount of soul i currently have it's one or the other.

What do you guys think i should do?

Oh and that's including the fact i brought my faith up to 12 so i can use the Heal spell.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Black Knight Shield does everything the Black Iron Greatshield does for a fraction of the stat investment and a fraction of the weight. Personally, I don't think it's worth it.

IMO, the Greatshield of Artorias and Havel's Greatshield are the only greatshields worth trying for.
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

here's another tank idea http://mmdks.com/smg
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Anyway - here's a tank http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=238618736326087084

Note: These type of builds aren't really my specialty but maybe it can give you some ideas. Need help for build. (RESOLVED) 3358384175

Wow , that armor looks awesome and the build is sick! I already have the black knight greatsword and the ring of favor. How do i get the rest of it? Also, im looking at the greatsword right now and it says i need 32 str to weild it , how come your build calculator says i can weild it with 22?
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:23 pm

it's probley 2handing it
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Kuragari wrote:here's another tank idea http://mmdks.com/smg

That looks pretty good too! big grin thanks!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Bloodpact91 wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Anyway - here's a tank http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=238618736326087084

Wow , that armor looks awesome and the build is sick! I already have the black knight greatsword and the ring of favor. How do i get the rest of it? Also, im looking at the greatsword right now and it says i need 32 str to weild it , how come your build calculator says i can weild it with 22?

2-hand requirements. Put the Grass Crest Shield on your back for the stamina regen.

The beauty of the build is that once you cast Power Within you can take the White Seance Ring off and replace it for something more useful. Personally, I'd recommend either the Cloranthy Ring, Ring of Steel Protection, or Red Tearstone Ring.

EDIT: Where to find the stuff
    1 - Grass Crest Shield - Darkroot Basin
    2 - Pyro flame - lots of places (most commonly from Laurentius in the Depths and then in Firenlink)
    3 - Helmet - DLC
    4 - Chest armor - kill Knight Solaire
    5 - Arm armor - purchase off of Giant blacksmith in Anor Londo
    6 - Leg armor - Anor Londo
    7 - White Ring - Duke's Archives
    8 - Power Within - Blighttown

Last edited by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2FycmlvciwxMiw4LDE3LDI0LDE0LDExLDksMjAsMCwxNSwxNSwxNSwxNSwzLDMxLDE1MywyNCwwLDEyNCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbiwx

How does that look?
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:

2-hand requirements. Put the Grass Crest Shield on your back for the stamina regen.

The beauty of the build is that once you cast Power Within you can take the White Seance Ring off and replace it for something more useful. Personally, I'd recommend either the Cloranthy Ring, Ring of Steel Protection, or Red Tearstone Ring.

Oh! i see! thanks! big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 pm

Bloodpact91 wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2FycmlvciwxMiw4LDE3LDI0LDE0LDExLDksMjAsMCwxNSwxNSwxNSwxNSwzLDMxLDE1MywyNCwwLDEyNCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbiwx

How does that look?

Change your talisman and by god get more Vitality and Endurance.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2FycmlvciwxMiw4LDE3LDI0LDE0LDExLDksMjAsMCwxNSwxNSwxNSwxNSwzLDMxLDE1MywyNCwwLDEyNCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbiwx

How does that look?

Change your talisman and by god get more Vitality and Endurance.

I know i need more endurance and vitality but i was doing with what i currently had in my inventory , and assuming i had the black iron set silly . I'm sl 15 right now so i got it up to 33 , anything you would still change knowing this? ( forgot to mention it when i posted the link '^^)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 pm

I think it's an Ok build. My question is: what do you hope to do with your Faith?
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 pm

hey now my lvl 40 has the same vit and i can take hits from anything lol, end you will definatly need. i guess at this rate it depends on how far your willing to take the character as far as lvls and i like the grass crest but man you just see it so much, i personally like the iron round shield for tanking cause it reflects heavy attacks and light enough, great for tanking imo, but tho each thier own
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Kuragari wrote:hey now my lvl 40 has the same vit and i can take hits from anything lol,

Sometimes I forget people are looking for PvE help and not PvP advice. :|
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I think it's an Ok build. My question is: what do you hope to do with your Faith?

Well i was thinking of maybe getting the sunbro lightning spear? i don't know it seems to me i'm gonna need some range attack sometimes , would you suggest i did otherwise?
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Kuragari wrote:hey now my lvl 40 has the same vit and i can take hits from anything lol, end you will definatly need. i guess at this rate it depends on how far your willing to take the character as far as lvls and i like the grass crest but man you just see it so much, i personally like the iron round shield for tanking cause it reflects heavy attacks and light enough, great for tanking imo, but tho each thier own

Like i was saying , i put the grass crast because thats the best i currently have , but i'd very much like to try the iron round shield , where do you get it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm