Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A silly but serious question[Resolved]

goteamventure21

A silly but serious question[Resolved] Empty A silly but serious question[Resolved]

Post by goteamventure21 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Hello so I got dark souls for my ps3 as an xmas gift and it is getting more use than my external hard drive I got, anyways I've been playing it and notice that there is dlc content I try to look it up but only find reviews and screen shots. I have beaten all but three of the bosses and the giant blacksmith says I need the soul of manus to make this weapon the bosses I haven't beaten are nito, bed of chaos and lord gwyn, oh and gwyndolin. Do I have the dlc since the option to make the manus catalyst appears or is it just showing me this as a teaser of some sort? Sorry for the longevity I just wanna know before I buy the dlc.

Last edited by goteamventure21 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    drmuto
    drmuto
    Regular
    Regular

A silly but serious question[Resolved] Empty Re: A silly but serious question[Resolved]

Post by drmuto Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:22 pm

tease you'll need the dlc
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

A silly but serious question[Resolved] Empty Re: A silly but serious question[Resolved]

Post by Yukon Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 pm

If you aren't in America I think the newer copies of the games did come with a DLC inclusive option, check your disk cover. Did you pick up a pendant in the Dukes archives when you fought Seath the dragon there?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

You technically have the DLC, everyone does. When they released the DLC it came with a patch so that people could connect to those with the DLC. You can't get the soul of Manus though until you pay for the DLC, to unlock it. A certain item that lets you access the DLC cannot be obtained until you pay for it, once you do that you can go to the next area.

This seems like a taboo, having content on the disk or in a patch, then forcing you to unlock it. They did this though so that PvP in old areas wouldn't die, and that everyone could still play with each other.
    goteamventure21

Post by goteamventure21 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm

No i'm in America the box just says dark souls and I looked through my items real quick and didnt find the pendant is it on the ground or do you just get it. Another question what does the dried finger do?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 pm

You have to get it, which requires you to buy the DLC if you have not.

The dried finger resets your invasion timer. After being invaded, there is a window during which it is unlikely you will be invaded. If you use a dried finger it resets that timer making it so you can be invaded again.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Tolvo did an excellent job answering this question.

The pendant would be an auto pick up drop I believe, so you can't miss it. As for the Dried finger; it resets your invasion timer, when you are invaded and win or die you have a moment of invincibility from further invasion, I think its about a minute. You can use the finger to reset the counter to 0 so you can be invaded again instantly.

Last edited by Yukon on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    goteamventure21

Post by goteamventure21 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh that makes sense and the dlc problem is resolved is it possible to buy it on the psn store or is it a disc I would look but I'm farming for souls in Arimias. lol
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:43 pm

You can get it on PSN, no need to buy the game again.
    goteamventure21

Post by goteamventure21 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks ya'll have been a great help looooks like I know what i'm using my other other xmas gift on.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 pm

You can get it on PSN for 14.99, it's a pretty quick download too since it is only the one item. I believe it's under five minutes actually.

The Pendant is an Auto-Pick Up if you kill the enemy holding it. If you don't want spoilers on what and where, don't read the below details.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am