Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Guide to Co-OP Play, Artorias of the Abyss Edition

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Guide to Co-OP Play, Artorias of the Abyss Edition Empty Guide to Co-OP Play, Artorias of the Abyss Edition

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Now I was hoping to make an Artorias Cosplay Co-Op build for Manus, when I noticed that our Guide To Co-Op summoning ranges weren't yet figured out for the Artorias of the Abyss content.

So before setting up my cosplay toon, I'm going to be focusing mainly on just Co-Op using different toons for each boss. I have ones that will generally work for each boss, using a 10-15 level interval between them to test the activity for each zone. I'll be posting the results here, since I'm retarded when it comes to editing the wiki itself.

I'll be getting info on,

Guardian SL50 Level 2 Activity. SL65 Level 4 Activity. SL75 Level 2-4 Activity, fluctuates a lot.

Artorias SL50 level 5 Activity. SL 75 Levels 3-4 Activity.

Manus SL50 Level 3 Activity. SL75 Level 3-4 Activity.

Kalameet SL50 Level 5 Activity. SL75 Level 3 Activity.

The reason I'm posting this here is also to see if others have experience with Co-Op in the DLC areas and what sort of activity levels they see. Getting second opinions will help with the test data I feel, I know Reaper also mentioned working on such a project.

So far my estimation is going to be that for the 50-75 level, Artorias, Manus, and Kalameet will have high activity. That Guardian will have little, and at 99 at least Artorias will have high activity due to the arena.

Based on peer findings Below.

SL 50-100 Kalameet and Artorias 4/5.

SL 50-100 Manus 3.

SL 50-100 Guardian 4.

Last edited by Tolvo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 am; edited 5 times in total
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Guide to Co-OP Play, Artorias of the Abyss Edition Empty Re: Guide to Co-OP Play, Artorias of the Abyss Edition

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm

I can confirm that at SL 100 I get summoned for all DLC bosses a lot (around 2-4 minutes of waiting). Still not as much as in non DLC areas though.

I've tried my new SL 55 and it gets summoned for Artorias and Kalameet a bit (5-7 minutes of waiting), but Guardian and Manus are dead and I get summoned like once in 15 minutes.

However, ever since I've read a post around here on how the online connecting really works, I'm not sure if these data are reliable, because I just might've got lucky, or unlucky with the game's selection of players for me.

I would really love to know a good SL range for Kalameet, because I like fighting him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Guide to Co-OP Play, Artorias of the Abyss Edition Empty Re: Guide to Co-OP Play, Artorias of the Abyss Edition

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks for the info Sent, I'll be putting your findings into the average for when I have my own, I'll perhaps get the same results as well which will be absolutely perfect. The DLC areas are probably very active at a range of SL's, since there are people who like to get the gear from it at low levels for other areas. Kalameet is of interest to me as well, since I plan to make a Gough Co-Op build for him and I want to know how much health and End I'm going to need.

By the way a little off topic, but for Kalameet you should try the Crystal Ring shield. It has low stability, but 90 magic block so if you need to block just one fire breath it's a life saver at 3 weight.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 pm

50-100 gets me summoned constantly. Slightly more towards 50, but my 100 doesn't stay idle for long. Post Anor leveling is typically around that 50 spot so it makes sense considering dlc acces is based on attaining the LV, but the difficulty of the bosses, especially in NG+ beyond makes it a viable co-op spot well up to 100. Any activity drop off would likely occur at whatever lvl there'd be a scarcity of builds, so probably anything much higher than 120. It's quite nice to have a single area with such a wide range, because the action is almost guaranteed and it takes the guesswork out of "will anyone summon my 80 for Anor?". Plus those bosses are sooo much fun in co-op.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:18 pm

I found the opposite to Sentiel. My SL 55 sees almost rapid action in the Oolacile township, but I often wait around 10-15 minutes to fight Kalameet or Artorias. I've never tried fighting the Guardian co-op though, there's nothing for me to do in between summoning.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Yukon wrote:I found the opposite to Sentiel. My SL 55 sees almost rapid action in the Oolacile township, but I often wait around 10-15 minutes to fight Kalameet or Artorias. I've never tried fighting the Guardian co-op though, there's nothing for me to do in between summoning.
    I was expecting this to happen, it's just like I said, I might've been lucky/unlucky and also as E said, DLC areas have wide range of SLs.

In theory, SL 100 should be the best SL to co-op, because you can co-op with SL 80-120. That range should cover most of PvP players. While it's more than likely you would be summoned to NG+, it should get you summoned virtually anywhere, right?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:26 pm

So far Artorias and Kalameet are coming off as 4's to me. Sometimes I have to wait a bit but no matter what I will get summoned for one or the other. It's actually quite nice, because people will summon you for one or the other if you place your sign in a area before Artorias. Just have Magic Resist, and Physical Resist gear ready, and whatever equipment you use for both.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am

After further testing I would give Artorias a 5, and Kalameet a 3-4 at the SL75 range.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 am

Alright, at SL 55 all tests have shown that Kalameet and Artorias are total 5's, just make sure to have gear capable of doing both.

I've also noticed using a Magic Shield against Kalameet is pointless, his poise break is ridiculous, so you should only use Havel's shield on him really. Otherwise you can easily outrun the fire and just block his fast physical attacks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am