red eye orb

fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

red eye orb

Post by fujiphoenix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 am

I know it has no upper limit, but does it prioritize people close to your level and then just keep expanding its range?
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: red eye orb

Post by retro on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:50 am

It's difficult to tell if there's really a priority system that pairs you with players closer to your level first. It seems likely, but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

I've done a lot of testing of the level ranges, unfortunately with the red eye orb I didn't keep track of 'repeats', meaning I didn't bother recording if I invaded a same level more than once. But even if I did, it'd be hard to gauge what the actual frequency is... because recording the levels of invaded hosts required writing down the amount of souls dropped by the host. A much higher level player may have the advantage, meaning failed invasion attempts where I get killed - could be a higher level player I invaded that I failed to get data on. Because players closer to my level may be easier to kill, my list will inevitably be slanted towards that.

You'd also have to control for certain issues, like what the most common level range in the area is, and if it's a popular PvP location. I did most of my testing near level ~100, so even if I was paired mostly with players near my level, that might not indicate a priority, just what the playerbase there is.

I think being level ~70 in the burg or forest and seeing if you invade 100-120s most often, or ~63-~77 or ~63-~87 most often, might help indicate if there's closer-level-priorty, or if you're paired with whomever's there. But even that might not be conclusive. happy
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I see... lol thanks for the info happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:38 pm