Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
reim0027
Tolvo
LunarFog
Kirk-Barb
ted1023
9 posters

Questions for Dark Wraiths

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Questions for Dark Wraiths Empty Questions for Dark Wraiths

Post by ted1023 Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 pm

As a Dark wraith what is your ultimate goal when invading someone? Is it just to make the game harder for them by any means possible or just kill them quick and get it over with? Also do you have a conscience? I have to admit lately I have been doing a lot of invades from lvl 12 to lvl 230 In the last two days. I guess from the amount of cracked red I orbs I used I have almost 300+ invaded and about 200+ kills, But now I'm having a crisis of duty.

I almost feel bad when I kill the host..the last few time I invaded I only killed the phantoms and let the host live while dropping some humanity for them. The other thing Tha has beenbugging me especially on lower lvls is when I invade I normally get ganked buy lvls a lot higher than me with uber weapons. So I took my lvl 12 toon and ran the bored and upgraded a long sword to a fire long sword to hel deal with these guys. Now when I invade someone who actually has base weapons I end up changing out so to give them a fair fight.. Is a Dark Wraith supposed to be fair?

p.s. I use cracked orbs so i can actually tell how many times I invade.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Questions for Dark Wraiths Empty Re: Questions for Dark Wraiths

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:48 pm

I do most of my invading in the Catacombs with a lvl 25 DW. My ultimate goal is to kill my target.. or targets, look cool while doing it, and to have a little fun while I'm at it. If the target is solo and heading for the boss I go for a a straight up fight. If they are farming invaders or have help, then I step up my game and use the environment for help.

I stay out of the Burg, Parish, and Depths at low level cause I'm after a challenge. I have been invading in the catacombs for a long time and have yet to invade someone who isn't higher level then I. Which is how I like it.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Darkwraiths aren't supposed to be fair. They're supposed to do whatever they want, whether that means helping the host, giving him items, straight killing him, or my personal favorite: causing long-lasting/permanent damage by tricking him into killing NPC's or closing off important shortcuts.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Pretty much sounds like you are invading in a way similar to me.

I try to wear gear appropriate for the area, unless I notice the person is wearing powerful gear in which case I will switch out.

My goal is often to challenge the host and myself, and to have some fun. I like to also teach new players, if I invade a low level I use a base weapon and beat them around, dodging attacks, parrying them, etc. I try to show them the ropes and see if they can adapt. I'll usually send them a message afterwards explaining a bit about PvP, and answering their questions, if they have many I direct them to the forum. There is nothing wrong with being fair to the host, frankly that's what Dark Souls is to me. Merciless but fair.

Though I can't show people the ropes much anymore since I'm rusted to hell.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Tolvo wrote:Pretty much sounds like you are invading in a way similar to me.

I try to wear gear appropriate for the area, unless I notice the person is wearing powerful gear in which case I will switch out.

My goal is often to challenge the host and myself, and to have some fun. I like to also teach new players, if I invade a low level I use a base weapon and beat them around, dodging attacks, parrying them, etc. I try to show them the ropes and see if they can adapt. I'll usually send them a message afterwards explaining a bit about PvP, and answering their questions, if they have many I direct them to the forum. There is nothing wrong with being fair to the host, frankly that's what Dark Souls is to me. Merciless but fair.

Though I can't show people the ropes much anymore since I'm rusted to hell.

I have tried to stand there and help the host with pvp but, In most cases all they want to do is attack and attack..lol I have even removed all my armor and weapons in an attempt to tell them i'm not here to kill them. the funniest thing is when i'm sending them a message only to be attacked and killed while i'm sending it ..lol
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm

My goal is to kill the host. I won't try to get them to do any permanent damage to their game, such as attacking NPCs. I will often unlock shortcuts for them too.

2 reasons why I don't think invading is immoral:
    1. They can summon phantoms and put this game into easy mode. This is supposed to be a tough game, and summoning of phantoms derails that.

2. Invading is a great aspect of this game. It makes it unique. When people buy this game, they know it happens, and they play it anyway. They have no reason to be upset when an invader comes into their world and kills them (in a reasonable manner).

This game is called "Dark" Souls for a reason. It is not supposed to be all rainbows and puppy dogs.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm

I invade for duels. If I come across a group of gankers, I will lower my standards a bit and I play to win. If I come across what seems to be a lone newbie, I do as much as I can to help them out by dropping them items, opening shortcuts, and sending them a message giving them tips or saying good luck. I keep an open mind while invading and always assess the situation before actually beginning to fight, because I don't want to run into a veteran player and assume he is some other random or run into a newbie and assume he knows his way around PvP.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 am

^this. Pretty much me.

I've experienced everything in this game, now as a Dark wraith, I invade for

1- 1 vs 1 with "honor" tatics (no healing, BSing)

2- destroy gankers in any way possible

3- Help newbies
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 am

i don't like invading questers.. they do weird stuff and the fights take to long with all the footwork involved and finding a good area to invade... and half the time they just do really cheesy stuff and the other half don't know what they're doing anyways..

but back when i first started playing my only goal was to kill the host and or a summon for souls.. that didn't last to long tho as the dragonhead glitch was discovered a few weeks into it.
    drmuto
    drmuto
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drmuto Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 am

honor fights, always bow or pray before a fight, if they take advantage of that i either die from bs or do everything i can to win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 pm