Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Sentiel
LoreFF
6 posters

Considering 2 sorcerer builds please advise

LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Considering 2 sorcerer builds please advise Empty Considering 2 sorcerer builds please advise

Post by LoreFF Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:45 am

I have a SL 55 Sorcerer. At the moment he looks like this http://mmdks.com/rzb

And i want to take him to either This build : http://mmdks.com/rze Cons is more health, more stamina more attunement slots and more armor.

Or this : http://mmdks.com/rzm less health and attunement slots but faster casting very good damage.

So what do you all think , which build would be the best to take my Sorcerer to. Mind you hes mostley for pvp .

Never had a char above 55 before so very interested in hear the opinion of everyone with a SL 100 build or above.

Many thanks happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Considering 2 sorcerer builds please advise Empty Re: Considering 2 sorcerer builds please advise

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 am

For max casting speed you will need Dex of 45. :|

With SL 100 limit, you would need to make a ver low Vit and End glass cannon, or you can just take the slightly slower casting speed and pump more into Vit and End, so you will survive longer and can actually do some decent melee.

I would use this.
    http://mmdks.com/rzz

All is just like you had it, but I added MLGS for some melee defence, because with 16 Dex, Velka's isn't at it's best, while MLGS is, but I guess you got it there for ripostes, since you carry a Target Shield, so I kept it all there.

You got 1 more Att slot, decent Stamina and one extra point of Equip Burden to use some heavier shield, like Crest etc, if you will feel like it, without needing to change anything and lot of HP as well.

I hope you will like it. Bow
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Considering 2 sorcerer builds please advise Empty Re: Considering 2 sorcerer builds please advise

Post by LoreFF Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:13 am

not bad. Only had the 20 dex there for weapons requireing it but i guess all the sorcoerer weapons are less then 16 dex anyways big grin

Very nice build i will consider using this. thanks happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:00 pm

This is the mage I used in the event, he's pretty awesome. At SL 100 he'll look like this:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=488982966857076428

(Sorry Ghadis I copied your looks)

@Sentiel Velka's Rapier is at its best at 16 Dex, it only gets 1~2 AR per stat, not worth it.

Basically you're trading poise for spell power, so keep that HP high, never trade hits with someone, and turtle behind your shield if you see a spear. Always remember to rely on your spells, your weapon is only a backup.
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:58 am

is high HP hat important ? ive only done SL 55 pvp and have around 1000 hp and it seemed to work just fine.

I do use my spells mostley but i dont mind going in for a melee fight when people knows how to dodge my spells as many seem to do.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 am

If you think 1000 HP is enough for you then go for it. I was the same till I hit 1800 HP for the first time and it felt so good I didn't want to go back to low HP lol.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

Why 45 Int may I ask? Usually one would go with either 44 for CSS or 50 for getting the most damage before diminishing returns hit. I wouldn't make a sorcerer with that much HP like Wyrm's, but you don't really need End unless you plan on wielding the MLGS as a primary, and you would make yourself a glass cannon by including Dex. I think the Enchanted Rapier or Estoc might do more damage than Velka's if you don't have Dex, but this is going off of memory.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 am

Logan's Catalyst stops scaling at 45 Int.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 pm

@OP - Velka's can't be buffed so why the CMW?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 pm

http://mmdks.com/sg0?
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:27 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:@OP - Velka's can't be buffed so why the CMW?

That was just an example of spells and i want to use it when i use buffable weapons.

Ive decicded on 40 health and 45 int 16 dex and strength . will think about attunment (prolly 19 or 23) and rest in end. Thanks for all the feedback happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 am