Discoveries you only made recently.

    Share
    avatar
    ryan0wens
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-12-24

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by ryan0wens on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 pm

    The only reason I knew about dark souls was from playing demons souls for so long big grin I never knew how/bothered zooming there either haha. sticky composite bow <3

    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by EeAyEss on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

    The lava bow... <3.


    _________________
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 pm

    I definitely am a bigger fan of the Lava Bow than the DM Bow.

    Ah, I'm so excited to see the new equipment in DkS2. Equipment and build making are definitely my favorite parts of these games.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by GenericUsername on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 pm

    I thought the Bed of chaos was fairly similar to the king allant/ Old One " fight ". Long passage filled with branches and a weird deformed creature thing to kill.

    Also, armored spider-queelag

    tower knight-iron golem

    I also thought the adjudicator was similar to tower knight in the sense that you hack away at a certain body part and then attack the head. Meh.

    And Flamelurker- ceaseless discharge.
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by EeAyEss on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:36 pm

    I'm kinda talking about fighting tactics/types.

    Iron Golem=Tower Knight (thanks for remending me)

    and when the lesser chaos demons take you to anor londo=gargoyle demons taking you to 3-2.


    _________________
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by befowler on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:38 pm

    defacto wrote: I personally hate the Dragon God fight just like the Bed of Chaos fight but the Dragon God is 100x easier once you know about the flinching mechanic.

    I'm the same way, but Dragon God is better for two main reasons: 1) far less random death once you know what you are supposed to be doing and 2) a close respawn point. Having to remember to put the lava ring back on and then run through all the mobs and then spend what feels like 2 minutes sliding all the way back down to BoC is a big reason I hate that thing with a passion. Such a waste of time.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1652
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Otherwhere

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by SlakeMoth on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:06 pm

    I'm feeling so much love for the Bed of Chaos.
    avatar
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-11-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Earth or elsewhere

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Aznul on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

    Personally I never liked the bed of chaos, but I never truly resented it until I tried fighting it with my glass cannon melee/caster. It could one shot me with almost any of its attacks, and I was trying to help someone else with the fight. Eventually he beat it, and I did on my own later that night, but it was still extremely frustrating, especially since it was the host's first time in lost izalith.


    _________________
    Xbox live- Aznul

    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown

    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 223
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-03
    Age : 26
    Location : The Last Frontier

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by RedderAI on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

    SlakeMoth wrote:I'm feeling so much love for the Bed of Chaos.

    I always liked her. The Izalith family is my favorite lore topic. I thought she was an alright boss. ._.
    avatar
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 149
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 25

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by CappuccinoJak on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 pm

    ryan0wens wrote:The only reason I knew about dark souls was from playing demons souls for so long big grin I never knew how/bothered zooming there either haha. sticky composite bow <3

    doesn't it tell you how to zoom in the description of the basic bows at least. i know it's on the short/longbows at least.....however i just found out that you can zoom with the bow when you left-hand it lol
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by befowler on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm

    Dying to BoC about 100 times my first playthrough left an impression, with my favorite the time it killed me with its fireblast before I even was out of the drop down chute. Seemed legit.

    I do like Lost Izalith as an area though. Another fun thing about BoC is you can go through the fog gate w/o sending invaders home -- that only happens when you actually slide down. So if you really want to spread some misery, just stand around behind the fog gate and watch the lava damage numbers as invaders scour the area in vain for you.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    firefighter_raven

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-24
    Location : Oregon

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by firefighter_raven on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm

    That if you quit the game immediately after talking to the giant blacksmith without moving, when you come back in game, the camera angle could place you with a closeup of his junk. Logged back in and was thinking wtf is wrong with my screen until I panned the camera abit.
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Sloth9230 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm

    That the Bed of Chaos has an attack where it rains down fireballs on you, I usually just die to it's arms and dodge the fire storm so I never had a chance to see it until the other day.


    Last edited by Sloth9230 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 149
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 25

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by CappuccinoJak on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 pm

    that invader thing's pretty sweet lol
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 pm

    befowler wrote:Dying to BoC about 100 times my first playthrough left an impression, with my favorite the time it killed me with its fireblast before I even was out of the drop down chute. Seemed legit.

    I do like Lost Izalith as an area though. Another fun thing about BoC is you can go through the fog gate w/o sending invaders home -- that only happens when you actually slide down. So if you really want to spread some misery, just stand around behind the fog gate and watch the lava damage numbers as invaders scour the area in vain for you.

    You can do that as a Gravelord? I think you wouldn't be able to cross the fog.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak

    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 223
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-03
    Age : 26
    Location : The Last Frontier

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by RedderAI on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:
    befowler wrote:Dying to BoC about 100 times my first playthrough left an impression, with my favorite the time it killed me with its fireblast before I even was out of the drop down chute. Seemed legit.

    I do like Lost Izalith as an area though. Another fun thing about BoC is you can go through the fog gate w/o sending invaders home -- that only happens when you actually slide down. So if you really want to spread some misery, just stand around behind the fog gate and watch the lava damage numbers as invaders scour the area in vain for you.

    You can do that as a Gravelord? I think you wouldn't be able to cross the fog.
    he meant when you are normally invaded. Like just wandering-through-Lost-Izalith-minding-your-own-business kind of invade.

    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 223
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-03
    Age : 26
    Location : The Last Frontier

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by RedderAI on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

    I just realized that they imprisoned Priscilla as a child. They somehow made her doll the key to get "drawn" in to the world.

    I REALLY hope Vaati makes a Prepare To Cry video for her. It's just so sad. ;_;
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by hey its andres on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm

    If you have a phantom kill the Bed of Chaos while you are standing outside she does a really cool fall/"deflate" (as my friend said) animation.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 19
    Location : Killing the chat

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Hue on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 am

    defacto wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    ryan0wens wrote:After hundreds of hours of gameplay and even more spent scouring every page of the wiki, I have just discovered that you could zoom in with a bow :|
    I've seriously been sniping at insane distances without zooming
    It works with Binoculars as well and Hawk Ring enchances the zoom.

    Didn't know this either. Mind blown.

    What? oh ****, i can't believe i missed that
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 37

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by steveswede on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 am

    Karmic Justice does very little damage to you when using the great magic barrier spell. I suppose this is expected but I was under the assumption that Karmic Justice bypasses resistances.
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Ashran on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 pm

    You can access darkroot basin from the ganker forest by just jumping off a ledge. Kinda cool shortcut.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 461
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Oh_the_Humanity on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:03 pm

    Ashran wrote:You can access darkroot basin from the ganker forest by just jumping off a ledge. Kinda cool shortcut.

    You can also access the part of the basin where the first Frog-Ray is where you go to get the wolf ring.
    Just jump off the ledge on the right, right before you turn the last corner before seeing the bonfire/Crest door area.
    Just to be clear, its the last turn, there's a biggish rock sitting right on the corner, stand next to that rock and look down. If you don't see the Frog-Ray right away, just wait a sec and he will finish his rounds and walk into plunging attack view. twisted
    Nothing to special, but I didn't know until just the other day when I put the controller down to take a wiz, and the camera moved, which put that Frog-Ray i view. He was just begging to be stabbed in the back of the neck. He never saw it coming. Coffee!
    Dont know if most people will notice but, Im using the smiley faces above to demonstrate how it went down.


    _________________



    psn name:
    TEST_SUBJECT_83


    ...Go Beyond Death...
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by densetsushun on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 pm

    Just saw my bloodstain in the garden from all the way in the burg. From's attention to detail is awesome.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 223
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-03
    Age : 26
    Location : The Last Frontier

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by RedderAI on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 pm

    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    Ashran wrote:You can access darkroot basin from the ganker forest by just jumping off a ledge. Kinda cool shortcut.

    You can also access the part of the basin where the first Frog-Ray is where you go to get the wolf ring.
    Just jump off the ledge on the right, right before you turn the last corner before seeing the bonfire/Crest door area.
    Just to be clear, its the last turn, there's a biggish rock sitting right on the corner, stand next to that rock and look down. If you don't see the Frog-Ray right away, just wait a sec and he will finish his rounds and walk into plunging attack view. twisted
    Nothing to special, but I didn't know until just the other day when I put the controller down to take a wiz, and the camera moved, which put that Frog-Ray i view. He was just begging to be stabbed in the back of the neck. He never saw it coming. Coffee!
    Dont know if most people will notice but, Im using the smiley faces above to demonstrate how it went down.

    That's actually how I first found that area. I saw the frog-ray thing and I dropped a prism stone and then I plunged attack his unsuspecting ***.
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Djem on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm

    densetsushun wrote:Just saw my bloodstain in the garden from all the way in the burg. From's attention to detail is awesome.

    Yes. I mean Demon's Souls was a good game but how everything just fits perfectly together in Dark Souls is what made me LOVE the freaking game.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 am