Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:09 pm

[quote="befowler"]I confirmed that kirk's gauntlets do boost claw damage by ~ 20 on an R1 slash (and more on a bs/riposte). Better still, the double roll R1 attack combined with thorn damage from wearing the gauntlets means you can literally just roll in circles around no poise DM spammers and keep them in a cycle of endless low damage stunlock. I had someone disconnect after I did this to them for over 5 minutes.[/quote]

OMG yes!
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:18 pm

I don't know how but it does.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 pm

This shall go down in history as one of the greatest discoveries ever!. Oh you can block with the pyromancy flame if you two hand it.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 pm

befowler wrote:I confirmed that kirk's gauntlets do boost claw damage by ~ 20 on an R1 slash (and more on a bs/riposte). Better still, the double roll R1 attack combined with thorn damage from wearing the gauntlets means you can literally just roll in circles around no poise DM spammers and keep them in a cycle of endless low damage stunlock. I had someone disconnect after I did this to them for over 5 minutes.

I went 10-0 in the arena the other day because I ran into tons of no poise enemies who thought they could ninja flip through my swings of the claymore (they could) but I had a rapier in my left hand which stunlocked the crap out of them.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm

You can actually skip the stupid frogs/rats area in depths! I was just sliding in the waterfall for fun waiting to be summoned to do jolly cooperation with my sunbro and... I slided to the left wall and falled in the main chamber where you find Domhnall and the boss' door. Surprising.

I know this may be an extended knowledge but... hey i find it today xD
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Ashran wrote:You can actually skip the stupid frogs/rats area in depths! I was just sliding in the waterfall for fun waiting to be summoned to do jolly cooperation with my sunbro and... I slided to the left wall and falled in the main chamber where you find Domhnall and the boss' door. Surprising.

That's a fun shortcut, I think if you use Seek Guidance there is actually a developer msg on the left side of the waterfall just for that reason.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Wow i thought seek for guidance only shows more players "tips". I guess im gonna use it to find devs txt.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:31 pm

In my experience at least it only shows more developer tips, not more player msgs (or player summon signs, as some folks seem to try to use it for). If you look the spell up on the wiki there is a list of known developer msgs if you want to spoil your fun, but it is possible there are more out there to be discovered.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 pm

The Cleric NPC of the Forest can heal you if you're an invader. But I don't know if he tries to heal you if you're hurt and get close to him like he does with the rest of NPCs. Maybe he was just trying to heal himself, but anyway it healed me. I was a DarkWraith btw.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 pm

ChizFreak wrote:The Cleric NPC of the Forest can heal you if you're an invader. But I don't know if he tries to heal you if you're hurt and get close to him like he does with the rest of NPCs. Maybe he was just trying to heal himself, but anyway it healed me. I was a DarkWraith btw.

He does Heal other NPCs who are hurt even when he himself is at full Health . Dont know about Invaders though
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Not new knowledge but does anyone know why they cut Shiva's betrayal from the game? Originally he was going to betray you like Lautric and you were going to have to invade his world, whatever that may be?
    I just wonder why it didnt work with the story.
    Another thing, the Elite Cleric set looks bad ***, why the hell is that not there? I know why they scrapped Escape death, thats obvious.
    Any info you guys may know would be awesome.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 am

I JUST discovered that you can L1/R1 in the bottomless box to store or retrieve items. Look Skyward
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:26 am

I'd been playing for ages before I realised you don't have to reach a bonfire before you quit the game. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 2707236321
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:03 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I'd been playing for ages before I realised you don't have to reach a bonfire before you quit the game. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 2707236321

densetsushun wrote:I JUST discovered that you can L1/R1 in the bottomless box to store or retrieve items. Look Skyward

Dont know which is funnier.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Ashran wrote:You can actually skip the stupid frogs/rats area in depths! I was just sliding in the waterfall for fun waiting to be summoned to do jolly cooperation with my sunbro and... I slided to the left wall and falled in the main chamber where you find Domhnall and the boss' door. Surprising.

you can pretty much skip the entirety of the depths all together, there is a drop near the ember just behind the first butcher, it puts you directly above the giant rat which dies to a plunging attack, then it's a slip n' slide to the boss and you can call it a day.

i don't think allot of people make use of that early shortcut, which is super useful even if you're not in the mood for taking on the gapping (insert euphemism for kitty) dragon.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 pm

densetsushun wrote:I JUST discovered that you can L1/R1 in the bottomless box to store or retrieve items. Look Skyward
    As a continuation to this, I also just discovered what L2/R2 does. Prostration
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 pm

There is a glitch in the Dukes Archives that results in a floating window way about the building. It is always there and is up and to your left when you leave the Archive Tower.

Shrug
    ryan0wens
    ryan0wens
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ryan0wens Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:35 pm

After hundreds of hours of gameplay and even more spent scouring every page of the wiki, I have just discovered that you could zoom in with a bow :|
    I've seriously been sniping at insane distances without zooming
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 pm

ryan0wens wrote:After hundreds of hours of gameplay and even more spent scouring every page of the wiki, I have just discovered that you could zoom in with a bow :|
    It works with Binoculars as well and Hawk Ring enchances the zoom.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    ryan0wens wrote:After hundreds of hours of gameplay and even more spent scouring every page of the wiki, I have just discovered that you could zoom in with a bow :|
    It works with Binoculars as well and Hawk Ring enchances the zoom.

Didn't know this either. Mind blown.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:35 pm

^ Sometimes I forget how much of an advantage it was to come into Dark Souls with Demon's Souls experience. Definitely learned a lot of the basics playing the first one first.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Not new knowledge but does anyone know why they cut Shiva's betrayal from the game? Originally he was going to betray you like Lautric and you were going to have to invade his world, whatever that may be?
    I just wonder why it didnt work with the story.
    Another thing, the Elite Cleric set looks bad ***, why the hell is that not there? I know why they scrapped Escape death, thats obvious.
    Any info you guys may know would be awesome.

Actually like many, many things in this game it was supposed to be a nod back to Demon's Souls.

In Demon's souls there is a ninja in White World Tendency in 4-1 that wants a sword. No matter what you do he ends up attacking you.

That was supposed to be the same thing with Shiva, but he wanted the Chaos Blade instead I believe.

Oh and the Bed of Chaos fight is a nod back to the Dragon God fight. Not sure why the Dragon God gets a pass and the Bed of Chaos doesn't. I guess the Dragon God was a...you know...Dragon God so it was much cooler. But the fight mechanics are pretty similar. Down to hitting two objects and then fighting an enemy that is essentially just waiting for you to kill it.

I personally hate the Dragon God fight just like the Bed of Chaos fight but the Dragon God is 100x easier once you know about the flinching mechanic.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:39 pm

^ I think there was more to figuring out how to kill the Dragon God. That fight is like a puzzle that kills you. Where I'd consider the BoC more as something that just kills you over and over that you have to get through. There wasn't much to figure out there. The two things you have to attack first are big and obvious, and then the third thing you have to do, where the path opens up in front of you, was equally as obvious. At least IMO. You just had to die over and over again to do it. You also have to run all the way across the map to continue fighting the BoC, whereas the DG had a spawn point literally right before it.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

I actually figured out that some of the Dark Souls bosses are remodified bosses of Demon's Souls.

Pinwheel=Fool's Idol
    Bell Gargoyles=Maneater
    BoC=Dragon God
    Asylum Demon(and it's cousins)=Vanguard
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:50 pm

^ The Hellkite is definitely a nod to the 2 dragons too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 am