Firelink Shrine Statue

    Share

    milannnnn

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by milannnnn on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 pm

    I'm new here, so hello to everyone and thanks for such a lovely forum.

    After reading about lore, when I found out that Andre was supposed to move a statue for the player, it occurred to me that maybe there is still a movable statue in the game.

    After looking a bit at them i think that the firelink statue (behind Frampt) is the most likely, because when u take a closer look at it, u can see that it seems not to be connected to the wall behind it, at most important, when u go to the hidden area with chests u can clearly see a hill exactly behind the wall where the statue is, like it's a perfect fit, so I find it hard to believe that it's a coincidence.

    I think the hill could be a tomb or something similar, and it could be connected with the Elite Cleric armor, Pendant and the Firstborn, but those are only speculations.

    So far i tied next things, but i was unsuccessful: hitting it with different weapons (including Andre's hammer and Sunlight Blade buff), all rings that i thought of, dragon head and torso stones, different miracles, but nothing worked.

    Also i wanted to ask u does anyone know why does a dragon eye appear in the open chest left of the statue, when i finish the game (both the good and the bad ending) and start NG+, as I haven't even been to the Ash Lake, nor joined Dragon covenant?

    Here are some pics:







    Hope I contributed somehow big grin
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm

    Welcome!

    I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed that he was supposed to move this statue and it was removed. Probably the things you noted are remnants of that.

    The chest as it seems you might be aware is supposed to have some of the unique items if they're lost somehow. Since you've never joined the dragon covenant that's a puzzler.

    However, since you said you tried Dragon Stone items in the paragraph above I assume you mean you haven't joined the covenant with that character. If I may ask, did the character(s) who received the free Dragon Eye in the chest come from a certain glitch that was removed with the latest patch? I've heard tell that glitched characters carry over some covenant tendencies when they're made. So my thought is that the character(s) getting the dragon eye were glitched from a Dragon Covenant character and the game is reading that they're supposed to be a dragon bro too.....


    milannnnn

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by milannnnn on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:49 pm

    It was another character, no glitch or anything, regular playthrough, I took the pendant as a gift, and when i finished the game the Dragon Eye was in the chest when I came to Firelink Shrine in NG+, and I haven't even been to the Ash Lake in the first playthrough :shock:

    Since I'm playing on pc and I have DSfix savegame backup, i tried and the dragon eye was there both with good and bad ending :silent:
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:52 pm

    Andre was supposed to move the statue in Firelink, revealing a path leading down, to the Firelink Chamber. You can actually see a pair of stairs leading upwards from Firelink Chamber, but you can't access them.
    There's also several huge cups on the opposite side of the Lordvessel, which I presume were supposed to be something like online leaderboards, identical to the ones in DS.


    milannnnn

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by milannnnn on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 pm

    Darn, I was hoping they somehow left something behind the statue big grin

    But I guess someone would find it out by now happy

    Still I can't stop thinking that there's something we are missing about the Pendant and Elite Cleric armor :evil:
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by Shkar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:50 pm

    milannnnn wrote:Darn, I was hoping they somehow left something behind the statue big grin

    But I guess someone would find it out by now happy

    Still I can't stop thinking that there's something we are missing about the Pendant and Elite Cleric armor :evil:

    Probably not. It's not really that rare for items to be ultimately cut or forgotten about during development. It's not too hard to imagine that the Elite Cleric set just wasn't added.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by raecor14 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 am

    milannnnn wrote:Darn, I was hoping they somehow left something behind the statue big grin

    But I guess someone would find it out by now happy

    Still I can't stop thinking that there's something we are missing about the Pendant and Elite Cleric armor :evil:

    the elete clerical set is hacked from the 360 IT DOSE NOT EXIST. they probibly cut it because it was uselss.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 am

    raecor14 wrote:
    milannnnn wrote:Darn, I was hoping they somehow left something behind the statue big grin

    But I guess someone would find it out by now happy

    Still I can't stop thinking that there's something we are missing about the Pendant and Elite Cleric armor :evil:

    the elete clerical set is hacked from the 360 IT DOSE NOT EXIST. they probibly cut it because it was uselss.

    But the helmet looks so cool!!

    back on-topic, yeah, everything
    strange you have encountered are the remnants of what should have been,
    except for the weird dragon eye thingy...you sure you didnt join the
    covenant?


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!

    milannnnn

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by milannnnn on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 am

    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    But the helmet looks so cool!!

    back on-topic, yeah, everything
    strange you have encountered are the remnants of what should have been,
    except for the weird dragon eye thingy...you sure you didnt join the
    covenant?

    I didn't even go to Ash Lake.
    And why would it drop a Dragon eye (as I read it only drops items necessaire to finish the game)?
    And even more why in NG+ and not before in the first playthrough? :?:
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm

    milannnnn wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    But the helmet looks so cool!!

    back on-topic, yeah, everything
    strange you have encountered are the remnants of what should have been,
    except for the weird dragon eye thingy...you sure you didnt join the
    covenant?

    I didn't even go to Ash Lake.
    And why would it drop a Dragon eye (as I read it only drops items necessaire to finish the game)?
    And even more why in NG+ and not before in the first playthrough? :?:

    well....maybe....errrr........Seath?


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!

    milannnnn

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by milannnnn on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:26 pm

    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    well....maybe....errrr........Seath?

    That damn mad scientist big grin

    I'll soon be making another character, so I will check will it happen again winking
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 pm

    milannnnn wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    well....maybe....errrr........Seath?

    That damn mad scientist big grin

    I'll soon be making another character, so I will check will it happen again winking

    Just keep an eye on him, he tends to be quite the trickster.
    Good luck with the new character, dont forget to keep us posted incase it happens again.


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!

    milannnnn

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by milannnnn on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:18 pm

    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    Just keep an eye on him, he tends to be quite the trickster.
    Good luck with the new character, dont forget to keep us posted incase it happens again.

    Will do happy

    But it's going to be some time, I have to study a bit now sad
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 pm

    milannnnn wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    Just keep an eye on him, he tends to be quite the trickster.
    Good luck with the new character, dont forget to keep us posted incase it happens again.

    Will do happy

    But it's going to be some time, I have to study a bit now sad

    Ah....thats a shame...just try not to take too long, Im really curious about this dragon eye thingy


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Firelink Shrine Statue

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:02 am