not another skyrim...

    Share
    avatar
    Darksomething56
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 311
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-08-02
    Age : 20
    Location : Varies

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by Darksomething56 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 am

    Well skyrim was good until you got daedra weapons and armor and Borderlands 2 got bored of it after beating main story and true vault hunter mode is annoying. Oh yeah, is Coma being serious or being funny, hard to tell.


    _________________
    humans might live on.... for now. Who cares about YOUR FEELINGS? WELL I DO in a way.

    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 67
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by LoreFF on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 am

    +1 because you stopped biting your nails big grin



    And nice read never was a fan of skyrim myself.


    _________________
    avatar
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 734
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-03-28
    Age : 29
    Location : The couch, Sweden

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by hageshisa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 pm

    Ok, trolling and being sarcastic isn't the same thing guys :') Coma is doing some serious trolling.

    Also, Skyrim was released in 2011 not 2012 so it couldn't have been best game of 2012, tihi!


    _________________
    1st PSN: blueberryvibe
    2nd PSN: dreambox_

    If you're THAT good, you shouldn't be whining
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by ComaPrison on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 pm

    LoreFF wrote:+1 because you stopped biting your nails big grin

    Lesson learned from:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

    Also I'm going to get into Soul Sacrifice (for Vita, which is the best handheld on the market, in my humble opinion) when it comes out. It'll probably tide me over until Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 4 come out. They will probably be the best games of whatever years they come out in, regardless of Dark Souls 2's release date.

    hageshisa wrote:Also, Skyrim was released in 2011 not 2012 so it couldn't have been best game of 2012, tihi!

    Ok, so it was the best game of the last 2 years then. Happy?


    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:56 pm

    hageshisa wrote:Ok, trolling and being sarcastic isn't the same thing guys :') Coma is doing some serious trolling.

    Also, Skyrim was released in 2011 not 2012 so it couldn't have been best game of 2012, tihi!

    Thank you Sherlocks! Now, since everyone knows that Coma is trolling we can drop the subject and just hope that DsK2 turns out to be as epic as Skyrim!... wait....


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by ComaPrison on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 pm

    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    hageshisa wrote:Ok, trolling and being sarcastic isn't the same thing guys :') Coma is doing some serious trolling.

    Also, Skyrim was released in 2011 not 2012 so it couldn't have been best game of 2012, tihi!

    Thank you Sherlocks! Now, since everyone knows that Coma is trolling we can drop the subject and just hope that DsK2 turns out to be as epic as Skyrim!... wait....

    It could never be as epic as Skyrim. Not even in your most erotic dreams.


    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by DE5PA1R on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 pm

    Am I late to the party? Skyrim was terrible.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 24
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by Ashran on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:00 pm

    Morrowind.

    /thread


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by ComaPrison on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm

    Ashran wrote:Morrowind.

    /thread

    Arena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dz01UoywUk

    /thread



    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by DE5PA1R on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 pm

    Morrowind was a really good game, especially for its time. Did not get to experience Arena.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm

    ComaPrison wrote:
    Ashran wrote:Morrowind.

    /thread

    Arena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dz01UoywUk

    /thread


    What about Oblivion amazing character models? They deserve some credit.
    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by hey its andres on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 pm

    Am I the only one who prefers the Fallout franchise to the Elder Scrolls? I like Bethesda it's just that the melee and magic feels a little too clunky especially compared with Dark Souls. When they use the engine with guns and VATS however, it is amazing!

    Anyways I do not fear that they will try to win over the Skyrim fanbase. They have their own dedicated fans to please, and if anything they will simply push there marketing campaign and maybe adjust the learning curve slightly. If they really feel like taking a risk they can adjust the way the plot is told. I have faith in From and I believe DkS II will be amazing :heart:


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by ComaPrison on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 am

    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:
    Ashran wrote:Morrowind.

    /thread

    Arena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dz01UoywUk

    /thread


    What about Oblivion amazing character models? They deserve some credit.
    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

    No way. Arena character models are the best. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/The_Elder_Scrolls_-_Arena_in-game_screenshot_(MS-DOS).png


    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 24
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by Ashran on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:39 am

    I played pokemon once.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “

    Cepzeu

    Posts : 8
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-12-30

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by Cepzeu on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 pm

    I've just realised that i wrote have a cooking instead of have a cookie...
    20 minutes wasted sad :no: Look Skyward tongue
    avatar
    emraluces
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 31
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 33
    Location : Chicago

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by emraluces on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:56 pm

    Is it elitist to offer that both games might have been developed with a certain 'type' of gamer in mind? At the developers own words, Skyrim was crafted with the care required in order to create a game world where decision making built the foundation for a true Role Playing experience. The problem of 'becoming' your character was resolved with abstract possibilities never before available to gamer's, like the ability to frolic through a living forest catching butterflies, or swimming up stream catching salmon to ensure a hearty dinner. Myriad options in addition to the elaborate race system and epic amounts of lore in the form of extensive literature strewn throughout the game were paramount in the creation of an actual world where the goal wasn't solely to fight, but more to live, and to live in your own unique way.

    I think this is the fear for a lot of Dks fans. Dark Souls was not at all a game like Skyrim. There's truly not much 'living' to be had, only surviving and struggling to survive and struggling to struggle.

    The problem is that a game world like Skyrim, while amazing by any rational measure, by its own ambition does sacrifice the primary ingredients that make a game like Dark Souls so engrossing for die hard fans. At least with current technologies, developers haven't managed to create a world as open as skyrim that still adheres as stridently as dark souls does to a truly refined and masterful combat system.

    And I do agree with previous posters that upon investigation, it becomes clear that the developers never meant that they were looking to make the next installment of Dark Souls more like Skyrim in regards to gameplay.

    Keep in mind that any news released so far about Dks2 has been translated from non native-english speakers. Not only does much likely get lost in the translations, but journalists in general have the primary goal of selling their media, even if that means stirring up controversies by using buzz words in their articles' titles, eg "Dark Souls 2 to be More Accessible!".

    Have faith in From, after all, count the hours of your life you've spent absolutely entranced in worlds created by their own hands. They can, and they will do it again.

    No worries, Dark Souls 2 will be every bit as wonderful, even more so, than we are all imagining every night.

    Praise The Sun!


    _________________
    We can recover the lost connection, the one monotheism severed between Athens and Jerusalem. We could get back a world where philosophy was valued, where the beauty of science was considered worth studying, worth revering even, where literature would be the key to the study of ethics an morality. And if you wanted the transcendent, you'd have love and sex and music.
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 pm

    emraluces wrote:Is it elitist to offer that both games might have been developed with a certain 'type' of gamer in mind? At the developers own words, Skyrim was crafted with the care required in order to create a game world where decision making built the foundation for a true Role Playing experience. The problem of 'becoming' your character was resolved with abstract possibilities never before available to gamer's, like the ability to frolic through a living forest catching butterflies, or swimming up stream catching salmon to ensure a hearty dinner. Myriad options in addition to the elaborate race system and epic amounts of lore in the form of extensive literature strewn throughout the game were paramount in the creation of an actual world where the goal wasn't solely to fight, but more to live, and to live in your own unique way.

    I think this is the fear for a lot of Dks fans. Dark Souls was not at all a game like Skyrim. There's truly not much 'living' to be had, only surviving and struggling to survive and struggling to struggle.

    The problem is that a game world like Skyrim, while amazing by any rational measure, by its own ambition does sacrifice the primary ingredients that make a game like Dark Souls so engrossing for die hard fans. At least with current technologies, developers haven't managed to create a world as open as skyrim that still adheres as stridently as dark souls does to a truly refined and masterful combat system.

    And I do agree with previous posters that upon investigation, it becomes clear that the developers never meant that they were looking to make the next installment of Dark Souls more like Skyrim in regards to gameplay.

    Keep in mind that any news released so far about Dks2 has been translated from non native-english speakers. Not only does much likely get lost in the translations, but journalists in general have the primary goal of selling their media, even if that means stirring up controversies by using buzz words in their articles' titles, eg "Dark Souls 2 to be More Accessible!".

    Have faith in From, after all, count the hours of your life you've spent absolutely entranced in worlds created by their own hands. They can, and they will do it again.

    No worries, Dark Souls 2 will be every bit as wonderful, even more so, than we are all imagining every night.

    Praise The Sun!

    Indeed, by all means I enjoyed Skyrim and all the others Elder Scrools games, I merely like making fun of them every so often, as with most other games, but we must admit,Skyrim, while having flaws, had an amazing open world enviroment, filled with creativity.

    Im not so worried about Dark Souls 2...not directly... Its just that this current generation is corruptive....in order to sell more copies, companies must streamline and dumb down their games... Im afraid that From may become victim of it one day.


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!
    avatar
    Sir_Dorito

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-01-21
    Age : 22
    Location : Walmart

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by Sir_Dorito on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 am

    In my opinion I found Skyrim boring. I would rather play Animal Crossing for three days straight then play that game ever again. It was just...damn..Dark Souls was great, it challenged you right away, and if you didnt learn from your mistakes then well, death always did become your best friend.

    This is my opinion, sure others won't agree with it but oh well.


    _________________
    Always looking for some duels! Message me on Either console. (Preferably Xbox since I just got Dark Souls for PS3)

    Xbox Live Gt: A Daunted Wolf
    PSN ID: The_DoritoNinja



    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by hey its andres on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am

    Sir_Dorito wrote:In my opinion I found Skyrim boring. I would rather play Animal Crossing for three days straight then play that game ever again. It was just...damn..Dark Souls was great, it challenged you right away, and if you didnt learn from your mistakes then well, death always did become your best friend.

    This is my opinion, sure others won't agree with it but oh well.

    What's wrong with Animal Crossing?....Hey c'mon that's the ideal life right there! You catch fish, bugs, and dig up fossils to not only help preserve the culture of your town but to also pay off your DEBT. Your freaking debt man! Your landlord essentially tells you to live it up and pay it when you feel like it.


    In response to emraluces, I do not see it as elitist it's more catering than anything. If this were a stand alone or first time game than obviously the developers would want to make the game as open to all fans as possible. This, however, is not the case with DkS II. The developers are obviously going to ensure that the most cherished elements of the game will be preserved for the sequel. How do they find out what these elements are? They look for what their fans liked most about the game. It does not makes sense to think that they would ask a COD fan, (not being biased it was just the first example that came to mind) who's never played the game, what he thinks the next DkS game should have. Certain games attract certain gamers, and as these fanbases grow the developers stop listening to what the gaming industry as a whole wants, and listens to what this group of fans wants, at least in moderation. It's not elitist but just a logical way of thinking, and business for that matter, that developers should create games (emphasis on sequels) with a "certain 'type'" of gamer in mind.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 am

    I think that makes a world of sense, andres. You wouldn't risk alienating those people who are already interested in your product in the hopes of attracting another customer base which may not even be interested in your product anyway even if you attempt to cater to them.

    You want to build on your foundation/base, not brush it aside in order to try and replace it with some pie-in-the-sky craziness.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 am

    Skyrim is very much a different beast to be honest. I also don't like it much, but it has its perks. Insane exploration, little details like chopping wood, getting married, cooking.. There's more to it than just fetch quests.

    It has been made more action oriented, skills streamlined much as they can be. However I disagree all the quests suck. The imperial/resistance war and the dark brotherhood quests are great. They *** up a lot, but there's still a good few questlines that give quality gameplay for at least 20-30 hours, to be honest there's enough to keep most people interested for a good while, but definitely not the quoted 100-200 hours I see in some places

    I digress however, there are ways to make souls more accessible without wrecking it, better explanations, an early game that focus on developing fighting skills and learning the basics, but without informing you that's what the game is doing. Can be done with well selected enemy types, level composition, loot in early levels introducing us to weapons of many basic types, however I'd hesitate to make magic introduced too early on.

    I think making souls more accessible is possible, but in terms of gameplay it must be subtle, while perhaps explaining more where to go/ the story more thoroughly, though I'd rather avoid a changes like that.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    GodOfPaperclips
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 34
    Location : The cold, bleak north west

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by GodOfPaperclips on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am

    Is this thread on the right forum? What's a Skyrim? Is it sexual?

    I wouldn't worry about DkS2. Worry about what Bandai do to DkS5!

    Sponsored content

    Re: not another skyrim...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 am