Idiots don't want to be healed.

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Idiots don't want to be healed.

Post by LunarFog on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 am

Made my support build. Decided to stick with sl 55. Here it is. http://mmdks.com/rdj

Anyways, Not many people use bountiful or soothing sunlight because you have to stay in the princess guard, but the area of effect is about a 3-and-a-half inch radius around you. Meaning that I waste the spells alot. In fact, the only times I was able to heal was when I trap the other guy in a doorway or narrow hall.

I need ideas on how to get dumb people to stay still for 5 seconds while I heal.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Idiots don't want to be healed.

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:11 am

Point down? Stand in the doorway? message them?

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 am

The easiest and most reliable way to do this would likely be some sort of voice chat, depending on which system you are on. Though not all players are interested in this. One thing you could try is the or or emotes. the first 2 to indicate miracles or the third to just say "get over here". But it would only help AFTER you make it clear that you have those miracles, either by using them (and them recognizing it) or by messaging them to indicate that you can heal them. Otherwise there would be no way of knowing what your gestures are meant to indicate.

For a demonstration cast, perhaps you could try casting it next to them immediately when summoned? I realize this would mean you would have one less cast, but it would be better if they understood and you weren't wasting the rest.

Otherwise, I would recommend simply messaging to indicate that you have and intend to use group heal miracles that require close proximity, and that the main purpose of your having these miracles is to heal the host/group.

Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 am

I feel you man. I made my level 100 Princess guard build and help people in Oolacile Township, darn guys can't stand still for a second! But hey, Bountiful Sunlight (regenerates) has a very small range yeah, but Soothing Sunlight (heals) it's actually pretty big.

My advice is: do what I do, when I'm summoned by someone, I quickly messaged them: "I'm Princess Guard, I can heal and buff you." Just to let them know.
    If I start spamming the gesture most guys will get close, and when they see me casting those spells, because I told them I'm princess guard, most stand still. But yeah, it's more annoying to actually heal/buff other phantoms than the hosts. They won't stand still for damn second.

PS: Change the Talisman for the Canvas Talisman, it has like 20 more points of MAG ADJ!!!!

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 am

I have a build with 50 Faith and tried to use Cleavage Guard Miracles but failed miserably. People are not used to them, so they usually don't bother. 1/10 hosts actually runs to you when he sees you cast it, but the rest ignores you.

On the other hand, the effect of the healing one is a little stronger than Heal, perhpas it's close to Excerpt, but nowhere near Great Heal, so it isn't all that usefull and cast is too long to be used in a bossfight, or PvP.

Their ridiculous requirements and the need to be in quite useless covenant are a great negatives for them, making them totally worthless.

If they weren,t Covenant based and had lower Faith requirements, or only requiring one Att slot, they would be MUCH more viable.

bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 am

I've given up on trying to cast Soothing... Most hosts or phantoms will use estus or humanity to heal themselves anyway. Bountiful is not so bad if you are host. I usually cast that right before entering the boss fog gate and 60% of the time, it works every time. 8)

. STAR HARMONIA .
    AKA. 'Sparkly-Shiny-Rainbow Glitter' Prism Stone covenant
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 am

bunnywink wrote:I've given up on trying to cast Soothing... Most hosts or phantoms will use estus or humanity to heal themselves anyway. Bountiful is not so bad if you are host. I usually cast that right before entering the boss fog gate and 60% of the time, it works every time. 8)
    Soothing...well the one that does the regen effect, has a downside, that if you cast it and other players get the effect, they can't use self buffs.

Some of us, like me, like to cast self buffs before fighting a boss, like PW or just use Grass.

moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 am

Well what i do is or if that doesnt work do most people will do it back and then you have time to cast. But they really need to buff these spells they suck you need alot of faith to use for 2 cast and you need them to be 2inch away from you and both spells take 2 slots. I think they should make more aoe buffs like a magic shield for everyone around you or group safe fall like the sealer when you invade with the black eye.

Psn: Nielarken
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 am

I was hoping I wouldn't need to send messages but if that's the only way then whateves.

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Just lay down the "huddle up" message. big grin

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 pm

moomootv wrote:Well what i do is or if that doesnt work do most people will do it back and then you have time to cast. But they really need to buff these spells they suck you need alot of faith to use for 2 cast and you need them to be 2inch away from you and both spells take 2 slots. I think they should make more aoe buffs like a magic shield for everyone around you or group safe fall like the sealer when you invade with the black eye.

I think the spell's intention is very good but not viable in battle, as is. Needs a larger area of coverage as the healer should keep a good distance from the melee. Maybe a fix for DkS2?

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:51 pm

Sadly its one of those spells that is hard to balance. If you make it to good, it would have been overpowered, but we got the other end of the stick. It sucks. If the range was better it would be fine. Faith/coven/slots needed, all that is acceptable for it...but the range.

If it made your character as busty as the leader of the covenant then people would come close at least. And we'd see it used way more. I don't think i've ever seen it in pvp, co-op or otherwise.

pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Prayer Beckon Point Down

By the time you'll be done doing all those emotes, everyone else will already be at the boss fog... so you can heal them there!

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm

i've been working on a character just to use those spells, didn't know about the 2 inch thing tho that kinna sux. it will be a lvl 60 but i didn't realise those spells were so limited. i had figured it was like the flasks...man, that puts a hamper on the exciting part lol

XBL: o Paralyzer o
    Divine Paladin -SL20-
    http://mmdks.com/k0y
    Brass Warrior -SL40- http://mmdks.com/md7
    Hanzo (Thief) -SL74- http://mmdks.com/ovr

--------------------------------------------------------------
    If you wish to summon one of these to assist you in your quests please feel free ask anytime.
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 am

Ok i just found somthing else out if they are not on the same lvl of ground as to it wont heal them in that ring on the ground doesnt touch them it wont heal kinda sucks but meh thought it was an orb not a flat ring on then ground :l

moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am

So for me the spell didnt work on stairs or an elevator

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 am