Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Nybbles
Sir-flicker
largestember
Tolvo
BeeSeaEss
Serious_Much
Sloth9230
lextune
Sentiel
Juutas
cloudyeki
ClassicBlaze
Carphil
The Letter X
Aznul
Forum Pirate
ublug
Ghadis_God
ChizFreak
DemonOfFate
Samurainova
25 posters

Dead Angling. Good or bad????

Poll

Are you okay with dead angling?

[ 29 ]
    Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap50%Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap17%Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [10%] 

Total Votes: 58
    DianaDieHard
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

Dead Angling. Good or bad???? - Page 5 Empty Re: Dead Angling. Good or bad????

Post by DianaDieHard Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Nybbles wrote:dead angles do help with fighting turtles, there is no denying that. but they aren't used to just fight turtles (WoG anyone?), they also work just as well against anyone who has half a mind to try to block a giant *** hammer that is about to smash them like a tent peg.

think of it this way…

only a few players will turtle during PvP. i see turtling as having a shield raised and poking from behind it at all times. players that attempt to block an attack with a shield are not turtles, it's common sense. while only a few players will turtle almost everyone uses a shield. however, thanks to dead angles, i've found shields to be more of a burden in PvP than helpful. dead angles allow anyone to completely ignore shields all together. which affects everyone, not just a select few who like to turtle.

you just should not be able to completely ignore a shield unless your build specifically incorporates a weapon that is intentionally designed to do just that. otherwise, the reason for using a shield for what it was intended to be used for is muted if not made completely ineffective.

consider this as well…

the best strength builds are actually quality builds. this is because there is no point in having more than 28 in strength. since dead angles make using a shield moot, why would you ever want to not two-hand your giant mass of iron and steel anyway? which has the added side effect of making the grass crest shield much better than any other shield in the game, since it's going to be on your back the whole time anyway. since you only need 28 strength for an effective strength build, you have allot more points to put into dexterity instead, which is a good idea since allot of great weapons scale with C/C. in effect dead angles have helped to kill the pure strength build. they are certainly less popular than dexterity or quality builds anyway.

in my opinion…

dead angles hurt the PvP balance more than it helps. it makes some build options completely ineffective and renders others much less interesting. since there are other ways to deal with the few players that turtle, what ever can be done to remedy this situation would be a good thing. why would you want to hurt everyone so you can deal with a few?

EDIT: dead angles also reduce the overall skill and tactics needed to get by in PvP. when you can deal with just about any player or play style by using dead angles, why would you bother trying anything else? why shouldn't you have to make that choice when deciding how you are going to build your next toon. do you want to deal with turtles, then build for it. dead angles remove the need to make those necessary sacrifices. why play rock paper scissors when dead angles beat all three?

reduce a shields stability, increase the angle from which you can block, improve hit detection. whatever it takes i say.

I like your name. happy <3
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:12 pm

DianaDieHard wrote:I like your name. happy <3

it took me a long time to come up with it cheers
    DianaDieHard
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DianaDieHard Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    DianaDieHard wrote:I like your name. happy <3

it took me a long time to come up with it cheers

Its not as goood as mine though winking
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 pm

what the....
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:42 am

Juutas wrote:what the....

what seems to be the problem?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 am

reim0027 wrote:The only dead angle I think is bad is the WoG dead angle. Otherwise, they add depth to the game. IMO, very few things are as annoying as fighting a turtle. Dead angling helps fight that.

Ya wog dead angles are garbage.

But no, I don't think dead angles add depth in a positive fashion as of now. There is a certain amount of realism in just about any game. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to understand them at all.

Where do we draw the line??? Idk man....I just know your scythe not breaking in half across my face of stone as you try and "Jackie Chan" my a$$ in the back with that blade just feels kinda cheap ya know??? Kinda like lagstabs, not quite the same but kinda.

If they are in DkS2, then in time they will add the same amount of depth/complication to the game that backstabs have because of 1 reason...time.

In time we learn to play with anything in the souls series, or petition it into oblivion.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:27 am

Animaaal wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:The only dead angle I think is bad is the WoG dead angle. Otherwise, they add depth to the game. IMO, very few things are as annoying as fighting a turtle. Dead angling helps fight that.

Ya wog dead angles are garbage.

But no, I don't think dead angles add depth in a positive fashion as of now. There is a certain amount of realism in just about any game. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to understand them at all.

Where do we draw the line??? Idk man....I just know your scythe not breaking in half across my face of stone as you try and "Jackie Chan" my a$$ in the back with that blade just feels kinda cheap ya know??? Kinda like lagstabs, not quite the same but kinda.

If they are in DkS2, then in time they will add the same amount of depth/complication to the game that backstabs have because of 1 reason...time.

In time we learn to play with anything in the souls series, or petition it into oblivion.

To be honest...i think better servers will solve ALL our problems. that and party chat ^^
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am

dedicated servers aren't going to fix lag unfortunately. it will fix online game features like messages, summoning/invasions, eyes of death and what not but not lag. server side hit detection might help a small amount, but it won't eliminate lag.

lag is based more on how fast the packets can get to the server and back, which depends on ISP speed as well as how far from the server you are.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Nybbles wrote:dedicated servers aren't going to fix lag unfortunately. it will fix online game features like messages, summoning/invasions, eyes of death and what not but not lag. server side hit detection might help a small amount, but it won't eliminate lag.

lag is based more on how fast the packets can get to the server and back, which depends on ISP speed as well as how far from the server you are.

Well said. This is a little bit off topic, but it makes you wonder if servers are needed if Dark Souls 2 is released on the ps4, seeing as how Dark Souls 2 is not an mmo. I'm sure the ps4 will not eliminate lag, but would it eliminate it enough to compensate?

Speaking of off topic...

...on topic...

I voted no. Not because it ruins my experience, but because it feels kinda cheap. Sometimes however, I do think, "Daaaaang, nice dead angle dude, very nice."
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 pm

is that you?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Lol ya. Sorry I didn't mean to go all off topic.

Actually...is that a Starship Troopers avatar you're sportin? If it is then bugs hate dead angles too lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 am