Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Nightmare Moon
LunarFog
6 posters

The Furtive Pygmy

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Furtive Pygmy Empty The Furtive Pygmy

Post by LunarFog Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:47 pm

That's a name I haven't heard in a while. I just realized something cool. The furtive pygmy lives up to it's reputation. My avatar at one point was believed to be official art of the furtive pygmy. Whether or not that's been proven or disproven is beyond me, but I just find it fascinating that right now, it's extremely hard to find this picture anymore.

It's almost like people...forgot about her. (lulz. get it?)
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

The Furtive Pygmy Empty Re: The Furtive Pygmy

Post by Nightmare Moon Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:49 pm

I think your avatar was the original design of the gargoyles. Its heavily implied in the DLC that the pygmy is Manus.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 am

Well...I think we can all agree that the furtive pygmy is Manus, meaning we know who she is and what happened to her (not that much, but its something) so, witht the truth revealed, all the lore hunters went in search for other secrets, thats why I think she isnt mentioned as much anymore.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:20 am

It's Manus
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:39 am

Not to be that guy, but does anyone have any confirmation from From or concrete evidence(no, primeval man means little) that Manus is the pygmy?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's Manus
    Not nescesarily, but I also think it could be Manus.

Anyway, that desing Lunar has as avatar was also cosplayed at E3 and I think it's called a Batwing Demon.

I came to this conclusion based on other demons in Lordran. You got Taurus and Capra as bosses, but the ones you meet in Demon Ruins are called Lesser Capra and Taurus Demons.

In Anor Londo, those Demons with spears are called Lesser Batwing Demons, meaning there should be some original Batwing Demon.

While Taurus and Capra are identical, except for their size in both versions, nobody said this has to be a rule, so the Batwing Demon and the Lesser ones could be different not in size, but in gender.

Since From actually used it for E3, it makes little sense why they removed it. I think it was supposed to be a boss and the ones we meet in Anor Londo shouldn't be there at all and should've protected the boss instead.

However they removed the boss for some reason and put the lesser demons in Anor Londo instead. They obviously don't fit in Anor at all. I mean look at it, a huge cathedral filled with knights and sentinel and there's just bunch of demons hanging around and no one gives a damn? Please. From is much better than this and you know it.

The reason why they're there is because they were used as a transportation method to get the player in Anor Londo, instead of using the stairs behind Iron Golem. It would make no sense if they were there only to transport you and it would be a waste not to use such an annoying enemy.

You can see the stairs from Parish belltower. The rubble behind Golem isn't there, it's a path and you can see inside, into a dark place with something closely resembling stairs leading upwards. I think that was supposed to be a way to Anor.

tl:dr
    They deleted the boss and put the lesser ones in AL to compensate for cutting the content.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 pm