Your first build

Cjfthistle
    Casual
    Casual

Your first build

Post by Cjfthistle on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:27 pm

In the last couple of days I have gone back to my first ever build. She is a caster called Panda who dresses like Dusk but has 40 STR. I didn't really know what I was doing with her - her stats were decided based on equipment and spells I found - and although she'd beaten the gargoyles in undead parish in NG+ before I left her to start another build, her equipment was a mess.

Fair enough, she had her Moonlight Butterfly Horn at +5, but nothing else was better than a +9. No shields upgraded at all, except for the Spider Shield because Blighttown was so scary. It was+4. It's clear I didn't really know what I was doing. Even her spells are poorly optimised, I had a load of rubbish attuned.

In short, I'd made a build that could get me through the game - and now past O & S in NG+ - but was so different from what I'd do now. Does anyone else have their first build, or one that they made while working out the game? How does it compare to your latest work?

As for Panda, I'm going to get her up to sl120 at least and then - perhaps for her birthday - give her a +15 weapon. What do you get a girl with 28 DEX, 40 STR & 50 INT?

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Your first build

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Cjfthistle wrote:As for Panda, I'm going to get her up to sl120 at least and then - perhaps for her birthday - give her a +15 weapon. What do you get a girl with 28 DEX, 40 STR & 50 INT?

A Manus Catalyst. silly

The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:39 pm

My first build had 20 Vitality at SL 100. It was almost like a normal DEX/Faith build you'd see in PvP around that level, except it very low HP. My builds now are almost exactly the same except the points from Faith went to Vitality and I have a couple points less in Resistance.

Obsessed

Post by lalliman on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 pm

My first one was black iron armor, black knight sword and a bunch of different shields that i'd swap between. Sounds like a decent build, except for the fact that i had an unnecessarily large amount of faith that was barely used. I just wanted that great lightning spear so bad!
    Also my entire equipment was +5 and relied on twinkling titanite. I can still remember all the grinding for twinklies... Nowadays when i want some really heavy armor i use Havel's, so i don't have to waste tons of twinklies again.
    I ended up never finishing that playthrough... the black knight sword ended up boring me out. Since there's basically 1 thing you can do: r1 spamming.
    I just did new game and made a similar toon, but with no faith and with a longsword. so. much. better.

Last edited by lalliman on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : waffles)
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:16 pm

jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=154330975356683583

I'm not even sure what to say about my build...
    Heck, I'm not even sure how I made it to NG+ with this. I got stuck at trying to kill Seath with this, so I gave up.
    I have since deleted this disgusting, horrid build since. big grin
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 pm

I had rather random stats, full silver knight armor +5, greatsword of artorias(uncursed) +5, maxed out pyromancer glove, black knight shield +5, and black bow of pharis +15. That is what I used and it got me to ng+++ or ng ++++ before i stopped playing him and started my glass cannon int build.

Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 pm

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 am

http://mmdks.com/rhe
    This is my very fist build, however I had to recreate it two times, becasue I got my data corrupted. 😢

It originaly had Dex of 40 and Att of 14, but on SL 120. But then I wanted to raise Att to 16 to use my favourite Pyro combo and found out about max casting speed at Dex 45, so I raised it as well and ended up having 127 SL.

Since I'm a DS vet I kind of had an idea of what I'm doing and was planning to actually make a 2kat, but dual wielding katanas isn't all that rage in DkS, but it went well and I still use this build and like it very much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm