NG+? What is up?

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

NG+? What is up?

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:17 am

So I loaded up an old toon of mine which was a strength toon, I wanted to test him out against Kalameet since het was designed for tanking hits then returning the favor. Understand, he has a physical defense of about 500. Now then, upon going into Darkroot to fight the Hydra I've noticed a few things that I find odd. Normally I don't go into any NG+ since I hate the bed of chaos and don't like NG+ plainly. Now, with a Havel's Shield +5, and Great Shield of Artorias +5, the Hydra knocks my shield away in one hit and instantly kills me. The Golden Golem also will one shot me if it gets a single hit in. I have 40 end and 50 vitality. The Blue golems are giving me 800 souls each which doesn't seem like much, but I'm nearly killed instantly by anything. I tested the burg hollows, and they can kill me in three hits flat out. I'm wearing Giants +5 full with the Steel ring, and it seems like I'm dying almost instantly.

Does anyone have any idea what NG+ I might be on? Because this is ridiculous. I've done NG+6 before, but even then I could still block bosses.
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Re: NG+? What is up?

Post by The Letter X on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 am

That sounds like either a major bug, or NG+7. The guard breaking seems a little off, but not entirely impossible. The damage seems almost right, but a little too high. The souls seem low as well?

Are you doing normal damage to all of the enemies?

Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:00 am

It doesn't seem consistent, sometimes I'll one shot an enemy, I'll rest, come back, then it'll take five hits to kill. I have no idea what is going on.

The Oolacile Guardian just one shot me, when in the previous fight I tanked a bunch of hits.
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 am

I can't remember exactly who, but I remember someone posting here that they tried the Kiln skip and got sent to Firelink Shrine upon reloading. Their stats remained the same, but they worked as if they were at base, or even lower. I'm not saying you tried to glitch anything, but the damage you are receiving and putting out sounds similar to what happened to the other person.

Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 am

This is a BB glitch toon from way back in the day, possibly since around March or something. It does seem like this toon is just broken, which sucks harsh. sad
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:08 am

How close is it to the Kiln? Maybe you can try sending it to the next NG in hopes of it resetting. You can also try getting armor from other people. If it's the equipment in your game that I'd glitching, maybe getting some from someone else's game can help.

Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am

As to the Hydra, when he broke your guard, did he still have all of his heads or had you knocked off some? Because it's entirely possible you simply were in a specific spot where multiple heads hit you at once.

The damage sounds consistent even with just the first NG+. I've played enough tanking toons in my day to know that defense means nothing to any enemy past the first encounter with Gwyn. It's either block or dodge at that point, so I'm not too surprised to hear about one-shots. As long as you have a shield, just adjust your armor so that you're medium rolling (I'm assuming you're fat-rolling with 500 physical defense). The cut in defense won't matter hardly at all, at least to the mobs, but the dodging will save your life against bosses.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 am

Reaper, I would walk up to a hollow and watch it do a normal swing, a fifth of my health is gone. I would then go back, rest, and come back. I would stand still in front of it as it does the same swing, and instantly die. That is not consistent, it isn't counter damage. I have no idea what is causing it since the values are totally random. I have a toon on NG+2, and it isn't this bad.

Sadly none of the Lord's are dead, I'm pretty much at the start. Given the Bed of Chaos and my frustration with the chance of dying to a single attack from a rat. I think I'm going to just delete the toon, or use it for just PvP.
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 am

Reaperfan wrote:As to the Hydra, when he broke your guard, did he still have all of his heads or had you knocked off some? Because it's entirely possible you simply were in a specific spot where multiple heads hit you at once.

The damage sounds consistent even with just the first NG+. I've played enough tanking toons in my day to know that defense means nothing to any enemy past the first encounter with Gwyn. It's either block or dodge at that point, so I'm not too surprised to hear about one-shots. As long as you have a shield, just adjust your armor so that you're medium rolling (I'm assuming you're fat-rolling with 500 physical defense). The cut in defense won't matter hardly at all, at least to the mobs, but the dodging will save your life against bosses.

I run around on NG+4 with 350 defense and I don't have as much as a problem as Tolvo with damage and guard breaking. Unless NG4 to NG7 is that much of a difference.

Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 am

Reaperfan wrote:As to the Hydra, when he broke your guard, did he still have all of his heads or had you knocked off some? Because it's entirely possible you simply were in a specific spot where multiple heads hit you at once.

I understand what you are saying, but he is saying that he has 50 Vitality on this toon. The Golden Golem should not be 1-shotting him in NG+.

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:23 am

Tolvo wrote:Reaper, I would walk up to a hollow and watch it do a normal swing, a fifth of my health is gone. I would then go back, rest, and come back. I would stand still in front of it as it does the same swing, and instantly die. That is not consistent, it isn't counter damage. I have no idea what is causing it since the values are totally random. I have a toon on NG+2, and it isn't this bad.

Apologies. Your opening post didn't really convey the randomness of the damage, just that enemies did more damage than you were expecting.

As to the randomness, I have no idea. Since it's an old BB'd toon there may be some inconsistencies with newer patches, but as far as I'm aware the closest thing to what you're describing that I've heard of was what X referenced before with the person who tried to Kiln-skip. I can't remember how that turned out though, so I'm not sure what to say.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:24 am

I believe they ended up deleting the toon, which I just did as well. No telling what could happen, if it was a corrupted file or one in the process of being corrupted. All I know is that when a broken sword hollow breaks my guard in one hit when two handing Artorias' Shield, something ain't right.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 am

Tolvo wrote:I believe they ended up deleting the toon, which I just did as well. No telling what could happen, if it was a corrupted file or one in the process of being corrupted. All I know is that when a broken sword hollow breaks my guard in one hit when two handing Artorias' Shield, something ain't right.

For the best and the nice thing now is that you have a free slot. happy

Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Tolvo wrote:I believe they ended up deleting the toon, which I just did as well. No telling what could happen, if it was a corrupted file or one in the process of being corrupted. All I know is that when a broken sword hollow breaks my guard in one hit when two handing Artorias' Shield, something ain't right.
    I understand why you scrubed that file but I would have saved it as to test my Valour & Sanity on trying to finish the game.....lol :shock:

XBL : CelestialSpiral
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 pm

I probably would have done that too, just to see how far I could get when undead hollows could one shot me.

It sounds like the file was actually switching between NG+ to some unreachable NG+14 or something like that. I don't think any boss should be able to one hit you even on NG+6.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:18 pm

GrinTwist wrote:I probably would have done that too, just to see how far I could get when undead hollows could one shot me.

It sounds like the file was actually switching between NG+ to some unreachable NG+14 or something like that. I don't think any boss should be able to one hit you even on NG+6.
    Indeed but imagen the self achievement and bragging rights it would give you.Of course you would have to show some footage of the Nightmare :affraid:

GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 pm

If I was able to get footage of a nightmare like that and then beat Gwyn in that same nightmare I'm sure rainbows would shoot out of my mouth because I would be so happy.

You're right though I would still need footage just to prove what I went through.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 am

GrinTwist wrote:If I was able to get footage of a nightmare like that and then beat Gwyn in that same nightmare I'm sure rainbows would shoot out of my mouth because I would be so happy.

You're right though I would still need footage just to prove what I went through.
    It would be deaths mostly I would want to show people the hardness of my victory's.Oh well Ill keep plodding along on my NG+6 save...To be fair this is enough for me to test my own sanity lol.......

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 am

Tolvo you must acquire a recording device, in case you don't have one and start summoning people in your twisted world.

In case you do, I volunteer to be the first to get his butt whooped. lol!

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Already deleted it, plus I'm not that cruel haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm