Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Back Lot Basher
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Automancer
CrazyTracy
9 posters

New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant.

CrazyTracy

New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant. Empty New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant.

Post by CrazyTracy Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 am

Heya guys I was wondering if any of the covenants in the game allowed you to help people or play friendly co-op? I watched a friend play some and I didn't like the idea of killing random people on their quests, but that might change! Anyway, any suggestions on which and how to play/help with it?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant. Empty Re: New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant.

Post by Automancer Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:00 am

Join the Warriors of Sunlight covenant. It's the best for co-oping. Join us for some good ol' jolly cooperation!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant. Empty Re: New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:44 am

Automancer wrote:Join the Warriors of Sunlight covenant. It's the best for co-oping. Join us for some good ol' jolly cooperation!

This one is the obvious answer.

Now, you could join the Princess' Guard covenant and get access to those co-op miracles and actually heal your party.

That's co-op! New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant. 867261544
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:55 am

The Warriors of Sunlight cause your Summon Sign upon the ground to be golden, so that people know you are focused upon Co-Op and that is the intent of your build. As opposed to someone with another main purpose who just put down their sign for perhaps souls, or some humanity. After completing a boss kill you'll get a Sunlight Medal, and so will your host and other summon. You, and others, can use this medal to then upgrade your, or their, rank in the covenant to earn faith based spells.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 am

Tolvo wrote:The Warriors of Sunlight cause your Summon Sign upon the ground to be golden, so that people know you are focused upon Co-Op and that is the intent of your build. As opposed to someone with another main purpose who just put down their sign for perhaps souls, or some humanity. After completing a boss kill you'll get a Sunlight Medal, and so will your host and other summon. You, and others, can use this medal to then upgrade your, or their, rank in the covenant to earn faith based spells.

+1
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Start with way of the white, first ( till you have access to sunlight bro). Use sunlight bro till you get to Anor Londo to join princess guard. Use Oswald to change covenants.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Id say join us in the Sunglight path or stay in the Way of White. Theres less % of getting invaded and that should be a plus for a new player.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:19 pm

The warriors of sunlight (known by the community as sunbros) are centered around co-op. Having a phantom from this covenant present when you defeat a boss, or being that phantom, is the main way to get sunlight medals, which are the item used to level up in the covenant. Sunbros have a golden summon sign instead of white, and their phantoms when summoned are golden too. You can co-op no matter what covenant you join, but for various reasons sunbros get more co-op in general. They also gain access to the lightning spear miracles, which are great for faith builds. Nothing quite like joining someone to kill a boss, pulling out a lightning bolt, and chucking it in the boss' face.

The way of the white is good to start, since it lowers the frequency of invasions (when other players come into your world and try to kill you). Though it has no other features, as far as I know.

I have not tried the princess gaurd, but being part of that covenant is the only way to access the miracles that heal your allies around you, instead of just yourself. (Although I believe the faith requirement for these miracles is rather high)

Personally I favor the sunbros.New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant. 639795459New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant. 2905764326 You join them at the altar of sunlight, which is next to the bonfire which the bridge wyvern sits above. You don't have to kill the dragon to get there, you just have to run past him and he should fly away once you get under his perch, or shortly after. Just be careful and get to the sides quickly if he isnt dead because he may breathe fire at you even after you get inside. You need 25 faith to join, or 25 minus 5 for every time you have engaged in co-op. Meaning if you have engaaged in jolly co-operation five times, you can join regardless of stats.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Join the DARK SIDE (WRAITHS). WE GOT HUMANITY. And LADIES.
    New to Souls Series! Need help picking a covenant. Tumblr_mfvncv7SY01rmp9xgo1_500

Nahh, Join the Sun Bros. They'll help you out better. Joining the Dark Wraiths is pretty much a one way Trip to Gank Land.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am