Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Is this build salvagable?

Sarkan Arkhas

Is this build salvagable? Empty Is this build salvagable?

Post by Sarkan Arkhas Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:31 pm

So I'm getting close to the golden SL 125 on my first character, so I decided to start reading up on PVP, and now I'm worried I might just have to start a new character because my build on this one is kind of all over the place. These are my current stats:

SL: 113 Vitality: 34 Attunement: 16 Strength: 40 Endurance: 40 Dexterity: 35 Resistance: 11 Intelligence: 10 Faith: 9

Is there any possible way for me to salvage this into a viable build for anything by SL 130 at most?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is this build salvagable? Empty Re: Is this build salvagable?

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:52 pm

What equipment are you using? There are several weapons that scale well with both strength and dexterity. You could fire up one of those and be relatively effective with it. Most of them are big and slow though, which means you're going to want as much vitality as you can get. It's not set in stone that you stop at SL120-130 either. I'm actually sort of doing something similar with my first toon currently. I revisited him to see if I could somehow make him usable in PvP, or if I just wanted to get rid of him all together, and ultimately I decided to make him a high SL PvP toon. I'm shooting for SL200, and the closer I get to it the more multiplayer action I'm seeing. So there's definitely an SL200 online community to some degree. If you decide you want to keep leveling, there are some great things you can do too. For example weapons that scale with several stats like the Arty Swords can be scaled with to their full potential. You can also make a kind of ultra spell hybrid and become powerful with different classes of spells. There are always ways to salvage if you decide to keep leveling
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:57 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

This is a great calculator that will allow you to experiment with stats to see how your build will perform.

Put your stats, experiment with armor (it has an armor optimizer function) and desired weapons. Then, click on "minify" to create a link for us to evaluate.

And, welcome to the forums, Sark!
    Sarkan Arkhas

Post by Sarkan Arkhas Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Currently I'm using Havel's and Greatshield of Artorias, and for weapons I have a tendency for the larger ones. My go-to weapon for fending off invasions thus far has been my black knight halberd or greataxe, with my pyromancy flame (fully upgraded and ascended) in my second slot. I'm working on getting all the pyromancies (just missing the chaos servant ones and fire tempest) and upgrading my Elite Knight set up to +10, since I like the way it looks and it's apparently one of the better armors overall when fully upgraded
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Go to the link and put your build into it. It will help you out, and help us out a lot to give suggestions.
    Sarkan Arkhas

Post by Sarkan Arkhas Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Oh and thanks for the calculator, this will be useful for planning out my second character. I plan on making that one a faith-based coop character but that's not too important.
    Sarkan Arkhas

Post by Sarkan Arkhas Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Alright this is my build as it stands now:

http://mmdks.com/qpv

I can swap out the halberd for the BKGA, Dragonslayer Spear, Greatlord GS, Obsidian Greatsword, or Dragon Tooth (all of the weapons that I have at maximum upgrade), and I occasionally swap out my flame for Avelyn +15 or BBoP +15 if I need more range.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:17 pm

You're doing just what you should be then, according to your stats. The BK Halberd and Great Axe are both good STR/DEX mix weapons. I was actually going to recommend you try the Great Axe. And yeah, what Reim said. The calculator can be really helpful for figuring out where you want to go without having to do anything permanent.

The Zweihander and BK Ultra Great Sword are also both good choices, if you want to experiment some.

If you're PvPing, it'd probably benefit you more to be mid rolling than it would to have increased stamina regen. I'd recommend going with Havel's Ring as opposed to the Coloranthy, but that's a style choice. If you're fine with fat rolling, then fat roll
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:19 pm

It's a good build. Make sure to use weapons that scale with both strength and dex and you should be fine. I'd also switch out havel's armor with a different onethat's fully upgraded. Giant's armor is way stronger in physical defense.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Havel's Armor has the highest poise in the game though. If you're using a slow weapon, it's a trade off worth making
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Not many people would trade off against someone using a full heavy set and a black knight weapon though. Poise would be good against someone who would, but I'm thinking 44 more defense will help more than 30 more poise when the poise level is already that high.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:57 pm

You'd be surprised how many people will try to go blow for blow with you in heavy armor. It all comes down to stylistic choices, as usual. I use both sets on different builds. Both are good for different reasons.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:54 am

just get dex to 40 and put the rest into vit. that's a normal looking quality build, u've just got pyros on it.

dunno why u have 1 into int but whatever.
    Sarkan Arkhas

Post by Sarkan Arkhas Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 pm

I put 1 into Int so I could buy the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring, bad decision on my part :s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am