mercury+bleeding=need patched

passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

mercury+bleeding=need patched

Post by passivefamiliar on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:08 am

Slightly misleading title. Im playing in boletari alot again, seeing a few obviously new faces and a decent amount of vets playing. Im not into making builds, i just do what i do. But i do try to pay attention that being said.

I made a mercury scimitar...the thing is a beast! I'll bleed you and poison you, then usually switch back to my +6 halberd. (Playing pure, no Thomas duping EXCEPT for epheral(sp) eyes stones to be human as much as possible)but the combo of poison AND bleed in one weapon is amazing....EXCEPT.

Everyone has 99x darkmoon grass. Instant full hp and removes all status aliments...the thomas dupe is such a game breaker. I know how things work, i know it costs money. And i don't expect it to happen, but i'd love a patch to fix this glitch. Id like to see dlc for that broken archstone come out, i'd pay another $20 for that and with it a patch for the glitch.

I know better. I know its a bit to old to get dlc, but...some companies are good to fans. Atlus/fromsoft combo seems to be like that. We can hope. If they get enough digital sales of the game, maybe they will at least look into a true sequel/prequel .

Sorry a bit rambly. Just love this game. Spent awhile being the boss in latrina, freaking love it. I drop eyes at the door though for whoever is challenging.

pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: mercury+bleeding=need patched

Post by vatar5 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:27 am

Poison and bleed aren't good,in my opinion, to begin with...
    Plague's better as it scrapes the opponent's ability to turtle,unfortunatly in both DeS and DrkS many only turtles and pivot BS...

Will you accept your darkened humanity or be toyed by the Gods?
    I chose the illusion of freedom.
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 am

Only one weapon does plague though. And you missed my point, the thomas dupe glitch ruins ALL status inflicted wounding techniques. Dark moon grass and your as good as new.

vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 am

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    I never let my opponent running away from me with my Baby Nail so he can heal. (And usually only Black Phantoms run away because they mostly hide behind mobs)
    And if he munchs weed in front of me,
    ->Backstab.

So you need to keep pressure to benefit from status effect.
    ->You inflict plague
    ->The opponent turtles and try to go around you for backstab.
    ->Spam R1 and break his stamina like a baws.
    ->Finish him.

It works with 90% of the random players I met. While less effective,you can use poison/bleed instead of plague.
    For the rest,plague netted me a win as it killed the host just before he could heal twisted

passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:42 am

I really don't think we are on the same page here...i understand countering a heal with a attack. Pulling out a bow works to, or casting a spellshot if they are to far away. There are options. Im just noticing again with the new players how bad of a glitch it is. You can tell who used it to (they could have farmed, but its doubtful most the time)

Its just annoying. I learn to deal sure, generally anyone who has to heal in a fight will end up losing anyway. But some of the time they get a heal off and they had only seconds of life left before poison/bleed would have killed them.

Granted i enjoy longer fights, i've spent almost a half hour in one fight because the other person would do the same as me, and allow me to back off and heal when almost dead. Basically admitting victory to him/her, then begin another round. Thats different.

If you can't see what the abuse of the glitch is then this conversation between you and i is over before it began. I hold no ill will or anger, opinions are just that. I just don't see a common ground here. Enjoy the game. I am.

vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 am

Of course I see the abuse of the glitch but I try to make you think deeper than the fact that they can dupe herbs.

Yes they may be carrying 99 herbs but if they can't use them,there won't be any point to duping,except having upgrade stones.

I'm against the glitch,I may misunderstand but it seemed like you thought I was saying "Wut?There's no harm in this glitch",well I was trying to say "They are glitchin',you can't stop people from ruining their experience but hey,it's not THAT bad as you can overcome their dupe advantage".

It's not like the mushroom hack in DrkS where you just couldn't beat them with their crazy HP regen,if someone heal,punish him with stunlock/bow/spell/BS. If you cannot,well it's common sense to carry a few herbs so you can't say it's because of Thomas that they have herb. So the fault lies on the herb themselves as they are more available than divine blessing.

The point of this topic seemed to be about status effects so I won't develop my point about how the glitch ruins new player's experience but from the beginning,status effects are as good as fist in DrkS except Plague which is,in my opinion,a great asset to keep pressure on one opponent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 am