Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Animaaal
moomootv
RANT
Nightmare Moon
Rifter7
Aznul
Reaperfan
SlakeMoth
Tolvo
Sloth9230
ClassicBlaze
barrywilkins
fujiphoenix
ublug
Hue
Bioraptor
The Letter X
densetsushun
Nybbles
lalliman
Ashran
LunarFog
raecor14
Sentiel
jjshowal
29 posters

Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran?

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 Empty Re: Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran?

Post by ublug Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 am

I also forget to re-equip the orange charred ring if BoC kills me, then run straight into the lava.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 Empty Re: Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran?

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 am

I still sometimes lose track of what items and gear I have on. I'll think my bow is in my right hand but it's actually in my left, and when I realize it's not I'll frantically be switching all my weapons around like a self-kleptomaniac for a few seconds until I happen to figure out where everything is. Especially annoying when I'm cycling through items and didn't clear out loot I've picked up recently from my empty slots.

Me: "Just press down once and you'll swap to your Humanity."
    Alluring Skull: "NOPE"
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Hachouma wrote:I really can't understand how you guys can not beat the Bed of Chaos in 1 or 2 tries.

Hell, you don't even need armor, just a shield to block the root attacks
    man it takes me 3 goes, one for each point, about an hour of relaxed playing 15 min of running though. hes not that hard, just REALLY annoying.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Falling off of things is definitely a big one. Also, getting excited and running past something I can easily kill after killing a boss, then proceeding to die to the swarm I gathered by mistake. Bed of chaos.... My main/first char I reached I think ng++++ and only really hated the firestorm (was a medium melee build using uncursed greatsword of artorias), but My second character is a glass cannon caster/melee hybrid, and so far almost every one of the attacks that the bed of chaos has hit me with has killed me instantly. That was a pain, especially since I found out while trying to help someone else as a sunbro, and it was their first time in lost izalith.

Another thing is parrying, still can't really seem to do it well, so I just block or dodge.

That and pvp, probably related to the parrying issue, but oh well, I prefer co-op anyways. Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 639795459
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Those damn Silver Knights with the dragon-slayer bows get me every-time. If I can't get the one on the right to switch over to melee then I'm boned.

And Bed of Chaos seems to really have it out for me, the thing smacks me like 2 or 3 times in a row. It's usually 1 run for each orb and who knows how many for the middle jump. Thank god for the shortcut.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:21 pm

The Bed of Chaos isn't so bad compared to the Capra Demon. That and the Hellkite on the bridge are the only two bosses I consider slightly unfair. The Capra Demon because the fight takes place in such a confined space and those damn dogs stun you right away and the Wyvern because it heals itself if you let it get back on it's perch.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm

activating the npcs in the proper order for questlines.

still manage to forget one of them somewhere.
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Sometimes after i get the lord vessel i forget to give it to Frampt or Kaathe. Or i forget i have the ability to warp Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 2707236321
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:01 am

damn you rafter in anor!!!!!!! damn yous all to hell!!!!!!!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:03 am

You can cheese BoC with arrows and reloading.

Hit it's right...side and reload the game.
    Arrow hit it's left side and again, reload.
    Lure it to use it's AoE, then lure it's arms to do a sweeping attack (just come close and roll away) and then proceed for the leap of faith. Just run to it's middle and then roll to the right as the floor crumbles. Wait for the amrs to return to theri original position, so they don't push you down and quickly get through to the boss and killl it, before BoC does it's AoE again.
    moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:30 am

flipin off a f-ing cliff Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 2707236321 and the other day i opened a Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 4125110524 it eat me then i opened it again Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 4205493335of a B***h
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 pm

-So after hundreds of hours and countless builds I still manage to forget Siegmeyer's questline for the slab. I always get in such a hurry and before I know it I'm saying to myself, "OH WAIT...did I..........well &$%# my %$#& and %#$! you FROM!!! Just.......%$#& it...."
    -I never get slabs in New Londo when I farm em.....ever.***EDIT***well sometimes i guess :|
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:42 pm

*bump for finding this thread particularly entertaining...also makes me feel not so ashamed.
    Poozila
    Poozila

Post by Poozila Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:48 pm

I still fall off every edge and cliff in the game for some reason.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 am

Poozila wrote:I still fall off every edge and cliff in the game for some reason.

Noob mistakes you still make as a Lordran veteran? - Page 2 XB2VTdV

Blightown srsly... stop.

Relbaic
    Relbaic

Post by Relbaic Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:49 am

This topic has made me laugh quite a bit.
    I'd say my biggest mistake is usually on Capra Demon. For some reason I'm hell bent on always running to the left instead of the right, failed attempt after failed attempt. I have it in my head that one day I'll actually get past everything and make it up the stairs that way.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:34 am

Is it actually possible to save Seigmeyer? I never have (and I've put a lot into doing so) and have never found a video of the scene where the player supposedly saves him. (and I've looked)

Most of the places I have trouble with I pay so much attention to now that I survive anyways.
    Half of the reason I summon in Anor Londo is because of the Silver Knight archer duo.
    I think I've died from actual damage once, maybe twice, from the BoC. (and I've beaten him/her over ten times now and on NG+4 with a caster) My deaths involving the BoC are from getting knocked off the ledges or missing the bridge.
    I have thus far always taken the shortcut to Izalith. I may have gotten through the lava ruins once; I'm not sure. I just don't play in that area.
    Capra Boss. My deaths are more related to the dogs than any other factor.
    For bosses, the Four Kings are currently my bane. I have more difficulty with them than with any other boss. (I haven't soloed anything in the DLC, though)
    Cutting Seath's tail on NG+3 and beyond with a quality sorcerer is difficult alone. His tails are much more deadly than his breath.
    And I've only seen him once. I got Gravelorded in the Oolacile Township on NG+3 or 4 while I was solo-clearing it to get to Manus. BLACK PHANTOM CHAINED PRISONER. I died so many times to it. On the 8th go or so, it FINALLY messed up and charged at me off the cliff.
    voodoomonkey616
    voodoomonkey616

Post by voodoomonkey616 Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Forgetting to switch my Talisman back to my shield.....then try to block but start casting miracle instead .....then die

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm