Ornstein and his magic pants

barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Ornstein and his magic pants

Post by barrywilkins on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 am

Seriously, this guy is the bane of my minimum sl existence. Its not smough, its ornstein and his magical ability to do whatever suits his fancy, despite game mechanics getting in the way of that. In multiple attempts of this fight, I have seen him zoom across the field, circling me like a vulture at the speed of light until i have to dodge smoughs attacks and he comes in from behind. I've seen him charge without even doing the prep animation. I've seen him do the prep animations for 3 attacks in a row before deciding on a completely different one.

Telestabbers have NOTHING on this guys ability to kill you without even a shot at defending yourself. And he only does this on my below sl 10 characters as if to say "thats what you get for trying a challenge run," I'm at my wits end here. This guy just plain CHEATS.
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Ornstein and his magic pants

Post by Kyōkai on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:59 am

Clearly Ornstein has gotten some lessons from F/SN Lancer.

Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:07 am

On my SL1 run; I've been killed by Orstein due to him suddenly stopping during his rush attack then continuing on, making me miss the "dodge". He ends up hitting behind Smough. He keeps faking all of his dash attacks when I roll properly and have you SEEN THIS? 12:19 - 12:26

GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:07 am

I killed him last on one of my runthroughs and then promptly said " lolno never again " after that. Uber Ornstein is an uber pain in the ***.

And out of every other playthrough I've done, he always charges me as soon as I walk through the fog. But for the most recent one, he chucked spears at me and then proceeded to glide around the arena randomly before finally locking onto me.
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 am

On my SL1 run; I've been killed by Orstein due to him suddenly
    stopping during his rush attack then continuing on, making me miss the
    "dodge". He ends up hitting behind Smough. He keeps faking all of his
    dash attacks when I roll properly and have you SEEN THIS? 12:19 - 12:26
    yeah, ive seen that and didn't exactly know what to think of it. at the time, i had never tried a sl 1 run before so i figured just some weird visual glitch or something. Then i tried it for myself and well...my first post is the result of that.
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 am

GenericUsername wrote:I killed him last on one of my runthroughs and then promptly said " lolno never again " after that. Uber Ornstein is an uber pain in the ***.

And out of every other playthrough I've done, he always charges me as soon as I walk through the fog. But for the most recent one, he chucked spears at me and then proceeded to glide around the arena randomly before finally locking onto me.
    Superstein is actually easier for me because he's slower than his normal self and his buttslam doesn't have such a large aoe. He's totally dodgeable.
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:50 pm

fight him around 100 times and he is no problem at all any more and as already said very good dodgeable - fight him 2-handed cauz time your rolling and everthing is good (roll towards him not to the side or backward, except buttslam...but thats the best what can happen, free hits without any danger after that)

well yeah he is doing sometimes strange unpredictable things...but **** happens

PSN: Dark_Sunbro
    Using my Black Eye Orb:
    SC, Old Spice, CW, Old Spice, 2h DBS, bow, roll+R1, R2 while getting up -> job done
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm

You might have already seen this, but I thought it'd make you happy anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYaQYNSt4cQ

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:42 pm

xD poor ornstein.

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Toejam "am i over here? or am i over there? neither! because i just stabbed you in the taint! mwaHaHaHaHaHa!"

Earl "herp-a-derp"
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

You might have already seen this, but I thought it'd make you happy anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYaQYNSt4cQ
    normally, id say ai abuse is pretty lame, but ornsteins earned it! Ima pelt the jerk with dung pies next time i see him.
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Recently had super Orn start with a glide stab and then, as I safely dodged it, the second he went past me he teleported into the second half of his buttslam with no transition. In other words, glide attack, I dodge, he lands on my head and kills me.

Even when he is not unplugging people from the Matrix directly, his three stab combo is officially broken. The first two stabs are jokes, but that slow, delayed sweep slash has hit me behind pillars even if he's facing the other direction. It can also dead angle through a shield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 pm