Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Share
    avatar
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 461
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Oh_the_Humanity on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 pm

    So. Im completely against anyone that uses the trainer to get unlimited anything or make a SL1 character with SL120 stats or whatever.
    Its fncking lame and takes no skill.
    Now with that said, Ive put my time into DkS, 100's and 100's of hours on 360, PS3, and PC. Now Ive never used a trainer or game save hacker like you can do on 360, but I was thinking if you use the trainer just for souls and humanity to solely upgrade your character to a legit SL, then turn it off to play online.
    You'll be using a legit character.
    So basically your just skipping the parts that you've already earned and done time and time again.
    So my question is, as long as your using the trainer just to speed up the process of hours and hours of farming that you've done time and time again, is it be considered cheating in pvp. The character would be the proper SL just as it would be if you took the time to farm souls.
    So what do you guys think? I haven't downloaded the trainer yet, but thought of this last night and wanted to know how the DkS community thinks about this touchy subject.


    _________________



    psn name:
    TEST_SUBJECT_83


    ...Go Beyond Death...
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Sloth9230 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm

    I can create legit looking pokemon using a save editor. If I got caught trying to use them in a tournament though, I'd probably get banned. It really does depend on how the community looks at it. Though if it is a "legit" build, people probably wouldn't be able to tell how you made that particular character.

    I don't think many would care either, creating builds becomes a hassle after a while.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm

    I'd consider it cheating yes, but I also consider white lies to be lies. Personally I have no problem with such things when a game has been played so long that it is difficult to expect replayability. As long as these sorts of things are done to just cut down on time, rather than give an actual advantage, I see no real problem. Just remember though the rules of the forum so don't talk about how to actually do it or anything. Since there are bad eggs out there who do want to cheat and get an advantage to screw over other players.

    It's similar to the BB, I used it myself but only to make it easier for me to make PvP builds since I didn't always want to farm to SL120, but people often used it to make powerful low level toons to grief new players with.
    avatar
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 461
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Oh_the_Humanity on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:I can create legit looking pokemon using a save editor. If I got caught trying to use them in a tournament though, I'd probably get banned. It really does depend on how the community looks at it. Though if it is a "legit" build, people probably wouldn't be able to tell how you made that particular character.

    I don't think many would care either, creating builds becomes a hassle after a while.

    Thats what I mean. It does get tedious and boring after awhile, especially switching from PS3 to PC and having to re-make ALL of my toons.
    And yeah, no one would know or beable to tell so I really dont have to say anything and no one would be the wiser. I just wanted to be upfront about it and take the thoughts of my fellow Soul Bro's seriously.


    _________________



    psn name:
    TEST_SUBJECT_83


    ...Go Beyond Death...
    avatar
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 461
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Oh_the_Humanity on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 pm

    Tolvo wrote:I'd consider it cheating yes, but I also consider white lies to be lies. Personally I have no problem with such things when a game has been played so long that it is difficult to expect replayability. As long as these sorts of things are done to just cut down on time, rather than give an actual advantage, I see no real problem. Just remember though the rules of the forum so don't talk about how to actually do it or anything. Since there are bad eggs out there who do want to cheat and get an advantage to screw over other players.

    It's similar to the BB, I used it myself but only to make it easier for me to make PvP builds since I didn't always want to farm to SL120, but people often used it to make powerful low level toons to grief new players with.

    Yes. only to save time and nothing else. I just couln't use it to make a "fake" or character your not able to make legitly. I just would feel to guilty. I take my souls very seriously happy


    _________________



    psn name:
    TEST_SUBJECT_83


    ...Go Beyond Death...
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Sloth9230 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:56 pm

    If you did make a fake character, then your stats wouldn't match up when they looked at your BOG entry silly


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 461
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Oh_the_Humanity on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:If you did make a fake character, then your stats wouldn't match up when they looked at your BOG entry silly

    If I did use the trainer I would create a "real" character, so when someone looks at my BOG entry it would make sense.
    All I would use the trainer for is souls and some humanity so I can level up and upgrade quickly.
    I would feel terrible inside if I did any pvping with a character that has infinite health and stamina or crazy stat changes or whatever people are using these days. I just couldn't live with myself. But if I think I used the trainer "productively" I wouldn't feel bad about it, since I'm not using anything that anyone else doesn't have the option to use.
    I don't know, I think its harmless, but I definitely understand how someone could feel uneasy about it.


    _________________



    psn name:
    TEST_SUBJECT_83


    ...Go Beyond Death...
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Sloth9230 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 pm

    Like Tolva said, so long as it isn't griefing, it's fine. Though you should keep it on the down-low. Wouldn't want to give greifers any ideas.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 461
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Oh_the_Humanity on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:10 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:Wouldn't want to give greifers any ideas.

    Right! winking


    _________________



    psn name:
    TEST_SUBJECT_83


    ...Go Beyond Death...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Using the Trainer to Make "Legit" pvp Characters

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:14 am