Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Cris the lighthearted
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BLA1NE
BIG TIME MASTER
Ashran
WandererReece
moomootv
xSomax
raecor14
Sentiel
Aznul
CaptanSpudsy
LunarFog
Tolvo
Carphil
The Letter X
Soris Ice Goldwing
Ghadis_God
Samurainova
23 posters

What fuels your fire?

Poll

What emotion fuels your inner soul the most. ( PVP)

[ 14 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap34%What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [34%] 
    [ 9 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 14 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap34%What fuels your fire? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [34%] 

Total Votes: 41
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

What fuels your fire? - Page 3 Empty Re: What fuels your fire?

Post by psychichobo Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 am

Love, I guess. I'm awful at PVP but I co-op all the damn time, even in areas where I've just entered at a low level. There's no satisfaction quite like helping someone down a massive boss, or mobbing an invader to protect the host and to allow him to hopefully reach the boss without too much hassle.

Yeah, that might be called Ganking, but when we're traipsing through Sen's Fortress or the like and the host is clearly new to this the last thing anyone needs to see is some muppet trying to backstab everyone near the pits. I don't mind people who Bow, but I don't see that as much these days...
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 am

psychichobo wrote:Love, I guess. I'm awful at PVP but I co-op all the damn time, even in areas where I've just entered at a low level. There's no satisfaction quite like helping someone down a massive boss, or mobbing an invader to protect the host and to allow him to hopefully reach the boss without too much hassle.

Yeah, that might be called Ganking, but when we're traipsing through Sen's Fortress or the like and the host is clearly new to this the last thing anyone needs to see is some muppet trying to backstab everyone near the pits. I don't mind people who Bow, but I don't see that as much these days...

Actually I've wseen more bowing than ever before. And less ganking, atleast on the xbox version anyway ¦)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 pm

psychichobo wrote:There's no satisfaction quite like mobbing an invader to protect the host and to allow him to hopefully reach the boss without too much hassle.

Yeah, that might be called Ganking, but when we're traipsing through Sen's Fortress or the like and the host is clearly new to this the last thing anyone needs to see is some muppet trying to backstab everyone near the pits.

Actually, if your trying to reach the boss, then it's not ganking. Ganking is like spawn point camping.

Samurainova wrote:Interesting speculation, also, i found Allant and gwyn were quite different. Allant had more devestating combos, but eased you in to the hardness throughout the fight, and gave you much more breathing space. Gwyn was fast, and as soon as you stepped in he flew at you giving no mercy

Also, Allant seemed to be more involved in the story. He caused the catastrophy, owned one of the two most important swords in the game, indirectly caused his son's suicide, and enslaved his son as a red phantom. Gwyn just lit the 1st flame and probably removed Solaire's diety status.

Also, it was harder to get through the level Allant's in (Unless you had 2nd chance and crazy health regen. lol!)
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    psychichobo wrote:There's no satisfaction quite like mobbing an invader to protect the host and to allow him to hopefully reach the boss without too much hassle.

Yeah, that might be called Ganking, but when we're traipsing through Sen's Fortress or the like and the host is clearly new to this the last thing anyone needs to see is some muppet trying to backstab everyone near the pits.

Actually, if your trying to reach the boss, then it's not ganking. Ganking is like spawn point camping.

Samurainova wrote:Interesting speculation, also, i found Allant and gwyn were quite different. Allant had more devestating combos, but eased you in to the hardness throughout the fight, and gave you much more breathing space. Gwyn was fast, and as soon as you stepped in he flew at you giving no mercy

Also, Allant seemed to be more involved in the story. He caused the catastrophy, owned one of the two most important swords in the game, indirectly caused his son's suicide, and enslaved his son as a red phantom. Gwyn just lit the 1st flame and probably removed Solaire's diety status.

Also, it was harder to get through the level Allant's in (Unless you had 2nd chance and crazy health regen. lol!)

True, but gywn does have a lot of hidden lore one has to find, like literally, you really have to look hard for stuff on him. And one of the most interesting things I found on gwyn is that he was not TRULY a bad guy, which was a feeling insenuated by the boss battle music. However his time to rule had ended, he was but a shell of his former self. When you look at him he's practicaly hollow! The age of fire needed to come to an end yet an age of darkness was not the soloution, he knew that and thus tried his best to keep the fires lit. A lot of lore seems to revolve around him rather than actually be directly about him, which I found was interesting. But one way or another it all seems back to lead to him, like an all roads lead to rome type thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm