Cut Dialogue?

    Share
    avatar
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 364
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-12-19

    Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Hydreigon11 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:05 pm

    Has anyone heard the cut dialogue from the game? I've been looking at some videos, the ones that have struck me the most, and really should have been put in were Artorias' and Laurentius'. Lautrec's and Petrus' are very interesting as well.

    Artorias' cut dialogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upzLAJhtnvk

    From there, you can find more cut dialogue from nearly every significant character in the game. Some of this is really interesting, and it was a shame it was cut, but I do understand why, some of them don't really fit into the way Dark Soul's story is told. Anyway, it is well worth checking them out.



    _________________
    XBL GamerTag : TheHydreigon11
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Ashran on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:23 pm

    Ive only heard that one. I dont know why it isnt in the game... Its pretty awesome. After hearing that dialogue i feel a bit guilty for killing artorias...


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 154
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-10-21

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Xero on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 pm

    This video gave me a sad boner.


    _________________
    GFWL:Zbljuv
    Steam:Zbljuv
    avatar
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 364
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-12-19

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Hydreigon11 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm

    The Artorias one is the tip of the iceberg, Laurentius nearly made me cry with his last line, he said, 'That flame I gave you, it was a piece of myself, so take good care of it, ok?' made me feel so bad I traded it for a red titanite slab. If you're interested in the lore I really suggest checking the rest of the vids out, they are so amazingly informative.


    _________________
    XBL GamerTag : TheHydreigon11
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:47 pm

    Same voice actor as ostrava cheers


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 364
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-12-19

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Hydreigon11 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:50 pm

    I thought I recognised the voice, I've only seen playthroughs of Demon Souls, since I have an Xbox, but I recognised that voice from somewhere. Anyway, listening to it a second time, it's quite haunting isn't it?


    _________________
    XBL GamerTag : TheHydreigon11
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:51 pm



    _________________

    Prayer XBL : Bloodpact91 Prayer
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm

    Hydreigon11 wrote:I thought I recognised the voice, I've only seen playthroughs of Demon Souls, since I have an Xbox, but I recognised that voice from somewhere. Anyway, listening to it a second time, it's quite haunting isn't it?

    The screams are horrifying, the dialogue while coolly done with synthed up effects loses it's effect after a while, though i guess only 2 or three lines were ever meant to be used, if at all.

    I like him being silent though, i think it makes the fight more poignant.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Carphil on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:26 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:I thought I recognised the voice, I've only seen playthroughs of Demon Souls, since I have an Xbox, but I recognised that voice from somewhere. Anyway, listening to it a second time, it's quite haunting isn't it?

    The screams are horrifying, the dialogue while coolly done with synthed up effects loses it's effect after a while, though i guess only 2 or three lines were ever meant to be used, if at all.

    I like him being silent though, i think it makes the fight more poignant.

    It certainly makes the fight easier ...


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Ashran on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:30 pm



    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:31 pm

    Carphil wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:I thought I recognised the voice, I've only seen playthroughs of Demon Souls, since I have an Xbox, but I recognised that voice from somewhere. Anyway, listening to it a second time, it's quite haunting isn't it?

    The screams are horrifying, the dialogue while coolly done with synthed up effects loses it's effect after a while, though i guess only 2 or three lines were ever meant to be used, if at all.

    I like him being silent though, i think it makes the fight more poignant.

    It certainly makes the fight easier ...

    wut? sorry buddy, but i don't understand the logic behind that one


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Ashran on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:57 pm

    Well, i do. If Artorias has been corrupted by the Abyss, its better to give him peace asap. He fought with honor and will never be forgotten.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Marino. on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:I thought I recognised the voice, I've only seen playthroughs of Demon Souls, since I have an Xbox, but I recognised that voice from somewhere. Anyway, listening to it a second time, it's quite haunting isn't it?

    The screams are horrifying, the dialogue while coolly done with synthed up effects loses it's effect after a while, though i guess only 2 or three lines were ever meant to be used, if at all.

    I like him being silent though, i think it makes the fight more poignant.

    It certainly makes the fight easier ...

    wut? sorry buddy, but i don't understand the logic behind that one

    He means its easier for us to kill him because it seems like he has gone Hollow .
    But this Dialoge conforms that he is still sane and honourable which makes it harder for us to kill him sad

    At least thats how i interpreted his Post
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Carphil on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm

    Ashran wrote:Well, i do. If Artorias has been corrupted by the Abyss, its better to give him peace asap. He fought with honor and will never be forgotten.

    That.

    Its much like if Sif could talk to you

    "I will kill you because I'm guarding the grave of my master even 10000 years after he died!"


    Really I would let he kill me no matter what

    Edit: Marino Ninja!


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

    Sponsored content

    Re: Cut Dialogue?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:20 pm