Build a Boss Workshop!

Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Re: Build a Boss Workshop!

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 am

I remembered seeing this in another thread, figured I'd share it

Buggy Virus wrote:
    MosquitoPower wrote:How about 4 wheeled chariot made of Bonewheel Skeletons...
    ...driven by a bonewheel skeleton.
    It would also have a cannon on the back that shot additional Bonewheel Skeletons at the player as it zoomed around the stage.

That would be something that haunts players dreams for a while.

Needs more bonewheel.

It would be everyone's new favorite boss silly

eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 am

Im really interested in the possibilities involving the new settings, in particular the Sea scape that was mentioned, albeit everything below given that distinctive Dark Souls style. .

Kraken, the Giant squid
    Priscilla / Mermaid
    Undead Sirens
    ghost pirates, equivalent of Undead Burg
    Gwyn's cousin, think Neptune / Poseidon (with chariot and hippocamp)
    Japanese Kappa

dont open the gates, who the hell needs a wooden horse that size!!!

Last Be-ta, I gave you my souls, but the very next game, you took them away!!
    This year, to save me from fear, im levelling my Zwei-hander!! WHAM!!!
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:25 am

mother of chaos- what the bed of chaos should have been. you know, an attractive female that throws increasingly powerful pyrmoancies at you.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 am

I think a shape-shifter / mimic would be interesting, one that copies your exact loadout, weapons, armour, magic etc and moveset and is quite skilled at using them. . .except that it was about 50% larger than you physically, that would be a really interesting battle. You would instantly be at a disadvantage due to your inferior stature and strength, but it would have a number of give-aways, maybe it would never have head gear on but have a sinister facial characteristic that separates the two of you. . .

dont open the gates, who the hell needs a wooden horse that size!!!

Last Be-ta, I gave you my souls, but the very next game, you took them away!!
    This year, to save me from fear, im levelling my Zwei-hander!! WHAM!!!
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 pm

eminusx wrote:I think a shape-shifter / mimic would be interesting, one that copies your exact loadout, weapons, armour, magic etc and moveset and is quite skilled at using them. . .except that it was about 50% larger than you physically, that would be a really interesting battle. You would instantly be at a disadvantage due to your inferior stature and strength, but it would have a number of give-aways, maybe it would never have head gear on but have a sinister facial characteristic that separates the two of you. . .

Yes please. Imagine an even more twisted :mask-father:

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:01 pm

I'd like to see a large boss that really felt terrifyingly large. Maybe a serpent that chases you down an infinite hallway, swallowing up the terrain as it goes?

They could even put a Souls spin on it by making the hallway finite - kill the thing before you reach the end or you're snake food.

Also, I'm with anyone who said more NPC bosses. For me, S&O and Artorias were genuinely epic fights. Without the parries, Gwyn would have been too.

Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Scratch what I said about not fighting the same boss 3-times. I wouldn't mind... so long as it's literally the same boss. A rival that you end up fighting multiple through-out the game, like Vergil From DMC3.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Scratch what I said about not fighting the same boss 3-times. I wouldn't mind... so long as it's literally the same boss. A rival that you end up fighting multiple through-out the game, like Vergil From DMC3.

What if the stray demon is my rival?

I mean first time i defeated him it was a draw.. and my slab was lost :evil:

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Then I'd say the victory went to him, for what is more vsluable than a slab?

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:01 pm

The blood of his body joining those of his family on my blade, sweet sweet agony twisted

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:44 pm

Ok here is my boss idea

When you enter the room you will see a large mass of pure light and darkness swirling together in the centre of the room, this mass will form up into a jack-of-all-trades type form (e.g a knight) to begin with but after a short while will change to counter the playstyle that you are using (e.g if you hang back and use ranged attacks it might change to a melee form with a high speed to close in and render your ranged attacks a less practical option). It will continue to change form as you counter its adaptations.

Also this boss would have the main body of its form taking the dark or light atribute and whatever that particular form uses to attack (claws, weapons, etc) formed from the other also swapping with its form. If the body is dark and the armaments light it will be more agressive with lower damage, if the body is light with dark weapons it will be less agressive with high damage. The darkness will have the apearance of a red or blue BP and the light will have the apearance of a white or gold phantom.

Ok thats it
    I hope that makes sense

Last edited by Steel Dragon74 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

But know that you can never escape
    Know that you are only delaying your end
    Know that we will find you

Because of your choice
    You chose to be a Ganker
    Now you will pay the price

Because you cant Flip anymore

Raven of the Great Wolf
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Here's my boss: (optional)
    It works like the storm king, but it is a duel between you and an NPC. (no phantoms are allowed)
    You can also fight this boss as many times as you want, and for you seasoned players, he gets harder everytime you beat him on your current NG, his difficulty, it resets every NG+ but it still has the default NG+ hp/dmg boost. Once you beat him 10 times, he can't get any harder but you can continue to fight him.

Noble Knight Grandés:
    [The "level" that Noble Knight Grandés resides in. this place has no enemies besides Granés]
    You are in a broken down mansion that has the half of the roof torn, the walls have been torn away by erosion, grass and weeds are growing in the masion. The mansion only has 5 rooms left (it used to have alot more before it was broken down), once you find a long narrow hallway that has absolutely no ceiling over it and the walls are tumbled and cracked, yet high enough where you can't climb in/out, you walk down the path and it leads to a Door where flowers are blooming and where small wild life are residing next to. The door is made of Silver and has a golden nob, you open the door and step into a room that has some very w i d e steps, only 7-10 steps, once you reach the top of the stairs there is Noble Knight Grandés all the way on the other side of the room (which is fairly large) standing infront of his "throne."

(cinematic scene)
    The camera angles itself up close to Noble Knight Grandés. He has very fancy armor on (Like that of the Elite knight set, but more "elegant") that is made of very rare minerals such as Gold, Silver and Diamond, he has fancy trinkets and rings that are made of Emeralds, rubies and sapphires. His helmet resembles that of Paladin Leeroy's. He has his Silver Claymore, that has the blade outlined with Gold, in both hands, the sword facing down stuck in the ground. The Camera zooms out from Noble Knight Grandés, and then you see a pedestal in front of Grandés that has another Silver Claymore which is outlined with Opal. You put your weapons and shields away and take the claymore from the pedestal, you then walk to the other side of the room and turn around to face Grandés. Both of you bow to each other simultaneously, the "Spar" begins.
    (Cinematic scene over)

Since it is a spar, you are not allowed to cast spells, and you are not allowed to heal, because of that, your HP is doubled for this fight.
    Opal outlined Silver claymore stats:
    200 base physical damage, humanity scaling - (+3)
    150 base magic damage, humanity scaling - (+2)
    Scaling: E / E / E / E. It also scales with humanity [from 5 up to 50(lets you it scale with 5 more humanity every time you beat Grandés)]

The stormruler had a special move/moveset for the storm king, so the Silver Claymore has a special moveset for this boss, But you don't keep the Silver Claymore after defeating Grandés.
    The moveset of the Silver claymore:(this moveset also applies for Grandés)

The L2 still parries with your left hand but since you don't have a shield, instead of punching with L1 you squat downwards as if you were dodging a horizontal sweep (used to perform a counter strike). The moveset of the Silver Claymore is similar to that of the one from DkS but the strong attacks are different, the 1h r2 does a fast uppercut that is useful for counter strikes after a squat dodge. The 2h r2 of the Silver Claymore is a mini Grant explosion w/less range & dmg. If you hold down r1, your character will pull back the claymore and then when you release r1, your character will swing the claymore in front of you to counter a strike. If you time this correctly like a parry, you will get into a sword-cross-lock with Grandés. You can only trigger the sword lock when Grandés health is depleted completely, since it is a spar you don't kill Grandés. You must do the cross-lock to win the spar, when you get into the cross-lock, quickly press r2, then your character will disarm Grandés(Grandés will also do this to you also when your low on HP). Upon disarming Grandés, you both bow to each other and then you return the Silver Claymore to the pedestal, Grandés then gives you souls for beating him. After dueling Grandés(whether you win or lose), you have to wait 20 minutes before you can duel him again.

I hope it makes sense XD

Exiled of Ariamis & proud of it. Rank: Council Member.

I pity the fool who steps up to painted lane! They call me PG dextrous 'cause I'll cut yo whole gang!

Join the Painting Guardians! http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t19608-the-exiled-of-ariamis-epoch-three-united-we-stand
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:25 pm

^ That's actually very interesting, but I'd like it if you could keep the opal claymore after a certain amount of duels. Or in true Dark Souls fashion, he hollows and you have to kill him, but this time he is fighting for real, there is no healing etc. since all are effects/enchantments of the room, but he comes at you with his true power. After defeating him he falls upon his sword, saying "Thank you... it was a true... (dies)" and you pick up his silver claymore, which does pure physical and A/E scaling with Strength/Dex.

Anyway, I was thinking of a mammothly large boss, one like Kalameet. It's also a Dragon (I am horrible at names, so you may have to make one yourself). This dragon was one of the everlasting dragons but was made sentient due to the horns on its head (possibly implanted by Seath) Seath betrayed his own kind, so he despises magic to such an extent that his stomach has become a bag for dissipating magic, so any head on magic attacks to it will simply be swallowed and dissipated into his body, increasing his power temporarily.

It would start in the sky, where it is near invincible, raining down fiery death upon your head and occasionally swooping down upon you. To get it down you must grab on to it after it swoops down. Whilst your on the dragon, your stamina drains (a la Dragon's Dogma) and you must find the point of him which controls his flight before your stamina runs out, you will be given sufficient hints, like the dragon showing sensitivity when you approach this point or little bits of residue as to where it is, but if your stamina fails, you fall to the ground and possibly die. You can survive the fall depending on how high you were at the time of the fall, but sometimes the dragon may swoop down and devour your body if you survive the fall.

After destroying the 'flight centre' the second phase begins and the dragon descends. It uses fire, lighting and magic attacks from range, and physical up close. It fights with everything it has, with horn bashes, claw swipes, bites and close range fire. It also reacts to your movements, so if you stay close and spam spells, it pulls back and fires at you with its superior ranged attacks. If you stay far away, it will close the distance and if you keep close it will fly up, and slam down.

After getting it to 30% health, it's horns break, rendering it a mindless beast. It is more aggressive, but has no more breath attacks remaining. It also loses the ability to use your magic against you. After killing it, It roars, one last roar and a blue flame escapes his mouth, arising to the heavens.

It leaves behind the miracle Magic Absorption, which has you take damage from a magic attack but use it as a percentage buff for your next attack (the percentage would be would max at 70% and is attached to your weapon as magic damage). Also cutting its tail would gift you the Corrupted Dragon Sword. It is a katana with A-S int scaling, which is 100% magic damage, yet it randomly decreases your health by 50 (the numbers behind this would be every 60 seconds, or so, you have a 40% chance of taking damage, if the dice roll means you take damage, then you do. Basic probability.).

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 pm

I really like that one, it could called Kyle the dragon.

Or Karakher

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:47 pm

I think 'Steve' suits it much better...

Or maybe Dave, your call.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Or Fredrick.

Or Paul

Names are hard :/

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Or Petunia

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Mucho_Serious Jr has a nice ring to it

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Nice to know that other people can name stuff as well as I can. I can make decent concepts, but I can never name them, it's just been that way since forever. Also something sounding like the Japanese word for Corrupt would be cool.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Or FattyOfDeath

FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Rahktar, the Corrupted Dragon

(I am bad I know)

pylorih

Post by pylorih on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 am

Boss idea:

Take the angler fish - give him 2 arms to allow him to support himself.

Pitch black room at a dock. Only thing that allows you to see is the lure when the fish pops out of the water to attack.

You have the length of a shaky dock to dodge attacks, the dock rocks, and falling into the water kills you.

When the fish pops up, two claws slam to support himself on the dock, the dock shakes each time this happens. He can be damaged on any part of the body and the lure can be cut off dropping a weapon (2H flail?). If you cut off the lure, there is no more light and you would have to have something else with you (lantern?) to help you in the dark.

The monster would be optional and would open a short cut on the map perhaps. Main attack for the monster would be bites like the goblin shark - jaw protrudes out to attack at specific spots on the surface.
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 am

A one-armed, white-robed, demigod being carrying a sword of some sort. Make him the best swordsman that exists, and his fighting you is all that stands between you and completing a certain task (as I really have no idea what the overall mission of the sequel will be, I can't really specify that.)

No special powers like Lightning Spear or Wrath of the Gods or the ability to set his blade alight (GWYN!), just a really tough swordsman, a boss you'd really have to utilize strategy for in order to beat, rather than just parrying and hacking away. In fact, why not make it so you can't parry or backstab? Just read his moves and attack when you get an opening.

His stances and attack types should change too, from western knights to samurai, and many more styles in between. He can be swift and frustrating, or slow and devastating.

No quick-times to save you, just you, your brain, and your decisions.
    A simple yet effective boss, I think.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:02 am

Nice

mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 pm

I know this isn't REALLY boss related but I want to see not just undead creatures I want to see Knights fighting off the creatures of the forest to suppress them back to where they came ad as far as that giant mansion idea previously mentioned maybe there are warriors fighting to keep it safe and are killing anyone not of their own and you can choose to push through their forces ultimately leading the hostile undead deeper into the fortress or whatever but they are still after you as well it just makes it so that the stronger Defenders are more overwhelmed OR you can choose to sneak around the fortress picking off the defenders trying to snake your way around to find what they are ultimately guarding which could be their king who is old and worn but has enough spirit left to ruin your life lol and this faction" idea shouldn't be area limited i want to see the knights or whomever trying to search for refuge or seeking to expand their grasp on the land

long story short i want to see enemies fighting other enemies in the world . Whether it be the dog eating the undead rat or the soldiers fighting for a special prize

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm