Re: Brony Thread

Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:36 am

Nope, wall of text didn't do it sorry, still hate bronies. big grin
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:38 am

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:We catch a lot of flack over it trust me, but the Clan W/L ratio is usually more than enough to silence the neighsayers.

Whether it was intentional or not, you get a +1 for the horse pun instead of saying "naysayers" winking

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    DARKXLORD

Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:39 am

Tolvo wrote:I'm afraid you'll find the Introduce yourself thread in my signature, this is the Brony Thread as you can see.

Thanks, i'll head over there now
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:41 am

DARKXLORD wrote:Nope, wall of text didn't do it sorry, still hate bronies. big grin

We never ask that you like us, just that you at least respect us enough to not hate us without attempting to understand our point of view. As long as you don't continuously flame us, then even if you don't like us then just asking "what's the deal with you guys?" and leaving it at that is all we ask happy

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    DARKXLORD

Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:45 am

Fine by me
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 am

I'm just thankful they put most of these images in spoilers so I don't ever have to explain to someone walking nearby why there is a pony on my screen.
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:12 am

Couldn't resist, seemed too appropriate lol!

Spoiler:

LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:20 am

Tolvo wrote:I'm just thankful they put most of these images in spoilers so I don't ever have to explain to someone walking nearby why there is a pony on my screen.

Until you get to a post made by Reaper silly

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:55 am

So, to lighten the mood of this thread up a little: What's with the tramp stamp tattoos the creators felt the need to put on their ponies?

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:19 pm

DARKXLORD wrote:Fine by me

I have just one question though: Are you really that starved for attention that you feel the need to waltz into a thread which is clearly for the discussion of Ponies and announce your hate for bronies? You're like that kid in school who always talked loudly and interrupted conversations because he wanted attention.

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:40 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:So, to lighten the mood of this thread up a little: What's with the tramp stamp tattoos the creators felt the need to put on their ponies?

They're called Cutie Marks, and they symbolize what each pony's unique talent is and essentially their calling in life.

Applejack has apples because she works an apple orchard. Pinkie Pie has balloons to symbolize her adoration of parties. Fluttershy has butterflies to show that she is connected to wildlife and gentleness. Etc. winking

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:So, to lighten the mood of this thread up a little: What's with the tramp stamp tattoos the creators felt the need to put on their ponies?

They're called Cutie Marks, and they symbolize what each pony's unique talent is and essentially their calling in life.

Applejack has apples because she works an apple orchard. Pinkie Pie has balloons to symbolize her adoration of parties. Fluttershy has butterflies to show that she is connected to wildlife and gentleness. Etc. winking

Yeah! And Twilight's cutie mark represents... er, it represents... stuff.

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Yeah! And Twilight's cutie mark represents... er, it represents... stuff.

Magic. It represents raw magical energy happy

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:44 pm

In regards to the earlier conversation, I think that the brony members of our community feel so comfortable expressing themselves openly because our community is very understanding and compassionate towards others.

For the most part, members of this wiki and forum have maintained a very civil atmosphere. We have shown that we are capable of communicating and expressing ourselves in ways that are moderated and lacking in harsh criticisms. A perfect example of this is the 'let it out thread' where people have found that they can express real world issues they are having and can receive considerable help from other members while being free of unwanted harsh remarks that are intended to cause pain. I think that is why this community is so special and why so many people have stuck with the forums as long as they have.

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:46 pm

You come for the Dark Souls, then you stay for this magical thing we call friendship...I don't care for MLP. silly

Not a shot at you guys, just making sure I don't get confused for a brony.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:47 pm

i like you as people and dislike you as people!, what you like is never taken into factor happy

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    DARKXLORD

Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I think I more hate the fact that you people are so blatant and obnoxious about it. For instance a homosexual can be a homosexual without having pictures of himself having relations with his partner as his avatar/sig on a forum for DARK SOULS. If you're into a show for little girls thats fine but why do you feel the need to draw so much attention to it?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm

DARKXLORD wrote:I think I more hate the fact that you people are so blatant and obnoxious about it. For instance a homosexual can be a homosexual without having pictures of himself having relations with his partner as his avatar/sig on a forum for DARK SOULS. If you're into a show for little girls thats fine but why do you feel the need to draw so much attention to it?

People do all sorts of things for a variety of reasons. I fail to see the problem with people who are not a show's target audience admiring it. I don't know anything about the show, but I believe that speaks well to the show's quality.

LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:51 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    DARKXLORD wrote:I think I more hate the fact that you people are so blatant and obnoxious about it. For instance a homosexual can be a homosexual without having pictures of himself having relations with his partner as his avatar/sig on a forum for DARK SOULS. If you're into a show for little girls thats fine but why do you feel the need to draw so much attention to it?

People do all sorts of things for a variety of reasons. I fail to see the problem with people who are not a show's target audience admiring it. I don't know anything about the show, but I believe that speaks well to the show's quality.

I would have to say that now days they are the target audience silly

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 pm

LordRevan wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

I would have to say that now days they are the target audience silly

The issue as to why Bronies are so outgoing with their interest is expressed in paragraph 3 of the wall-of-text happy

Also, just for convenient relevancy's sake:
    Spoiler:

DARKXLORD

Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 pm

So basically you're the annoying evangelist knocking on my e-door trying to shove your pony crap down my throat. Yeah that really makes me want to be more tolerant of MLP fanboys.
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 pm

DARKXLORD wrote:So basically you're the annoying evangelist knocking on my e-door trying to shove your pony crap down my throat. Yeah that really makes me want to be more tolerant of MLP fanboys.

I'm really starting to get sick of you dude.

You've been here for like a day, you come straight to a Brony thread (Something you already dislike) and start asking about ponies and then insulting others for having a different taste to yourself.

Then now you claim they are trying to "Shove pony crap down your throat"? You are the one that came here with the intention to hate these people about their choice. If you aren't willing to accept that people like different things then you should not continue posting in the Brony thread and just stick with your choices.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 pm

And what is wrong with people having avatars of things they like? I like Andre a lot, this big burly man that is a wrassler. Revan likes Darth Revan, so that's his avatar. And Reaper likes MLP, so his avatar is a pony. I mean it's not like his avatar is a gif of meatspin. It's just a pony, nothing to really get up in arms about. They mostly keep their MLP jokes just to this thread alone as well, so it's not like the forum is flooded with MLP jokes left and right.
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Tolvo wrote:And what is wrong with people having avatars of things they like? I like Andre a lot, this big burly man that is a wrassler. Revan likes Darth Revan, so that's his avatar. And Reaper likes MLP, so his avatar is a pony. I mean it's not like his avatar is a gif of meatspin. It's just a pony, nothing to really get up in arms about. They mostly keep their MLP jokes just to this thread alone as well, so it's not like the forum is flooded with MLP jokes left and right.

Well... except on April Fools silly

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Oh god, that was horrible. So much pink. But the Bronies didn't do that, the Mods did to *** with us haha. Though I think Reaper enjoyed that day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 25, 2017 9:43 am