Brony Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Hahahaha. I don't know if I can process this many levels of autism at once

    HEY! Autism is no laughing mat...
    Spoiler:

    Well...I guess in the right context it can be funny happy


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:14 am

    Some people just enjoy the series. My dad is fifty and he enjoys watching Spongebob, hell at their yard they talk about Spongebob over the radio with one another. Some people just have different tastes.
    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:16 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Alright but honestly though, this is a serious question; what is the deal with bronies. Where is the appeal? Do you guys think it's like hipster irony or something because if thats what you're going for you're doing it wrong.

    Dunno I haven't watched any MLP series, although a friend has shown me some weird brony videos.

    But I find bronies generally to be funny people, and pony pictures are awesome big grin


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:16 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Alright but honestly though, this is a serious question; what is the deal with bronies. Where is the appeal? Do you guys think it's like hipster irony or something because if thats what you're going for you're doing it wrong.

    The short and simple answer is that we just like the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The key distinction that alot of people confuse is that we like the franchise as a whole, when really it's just this most recent season that we enjoy. Unlike the early installments, this series was actually headed up by some big names in animated television, and is designed to appeal to audiences beyond just the little girls that are stereotypically associated with the MLP franchise.

    If that's not enough, there's already long answer somewhere else on this thread, but I'd rather not post the same wall-of-text again :|


    Last edited by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dumb spelling mistakes corrected)


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    DARKXLORD
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 29
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-16

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:17 am

    Just saying this is almost the last place i'd expect bronie threads...
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 am

    The Last place I'd expect is a Call of Duty Forum, I don't think it would last very long there either. It would just be flamed to hell within minutes. Plus this forum in particular is very friendly and kind, so while the theme of Dark Souls is different, the player base found here probably has some merits in common. Since to my understanding the new MLP series is about being friendly and kind to one another.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:20 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Just saying this is almost the last place i'd expect bronie threads...

    Bronies are everywhere happy
    Brony threads are no different than the Magic the Gathering thread here or the various Anime threads, it's just a place to come and talk about a random interest of ours happy


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 am

    Tolvo wrote:Since to my understanding the new MLP series is about being friendly and kind to one another.

    Technically all of the series are about that, this one is just the least...shall we say...grating about it winking


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:22 am

    "My Little Pony: *** the World. My little pony has been wanting to appeal to the teenage male audience, so now the series is about ponies that travel the world spreading anarchy and chaos!"

    I don't think it would do as well haha.
    avatar
    DARKXLORD
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 29
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-16

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:22 am

    Yeah but how can any self respecting male be openly into this? You are not the target audience no matter how much you tell yourself you are. This infection seems to be spreading to all areas of the internet...need hope
    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:23 am

    Tolvo wrote:Plus this forum in particular is very friendly and kind, so while the theme of Dark Souls is different, the player base found here probably has some merits in common. Since to my understanding the new MLP series is about being friendly and kind to one another.

    Well until Ganking, BKGA, Flipping Tanks, or all of the above are mentioned silly

    Tolvo wrote:
    The Last place I'd expect is a Call of Duty Forum, I don't think it would last very long there either. It would just be flamed to hell within minutes.

    I am now considering trying this.... big grin


    Last edited by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:24 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Yeah but how can any self respecting male be openly into this? You are not the target audience no matter how much you tell yourself you are. This infection seems to be spreading to all areas of the internet...need hope

    Not everyone here is male.... :|

    It is probable that they weren't the first intended target audience, but they sure are now silly


    Last edited by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:24 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Yeah but how can any self respecting male be openly into this? You are not the target audience no matter how much you tell yourself you are. This infection seems to be spreading to all areas of the internet...need hope

    Guess I need to find the wall of text again...

    EDIT: TOLVO HAD A BETTER IDEA, DISREGARD THE PREVIOUS CAPITALIZED TEXT


    Last edited by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : REMOVING DUMB IDEAS)


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:25 am

    Or, reaper, Or, you could link the page with the wall of text.
    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 am

    Tolvo wrote:The Last place I'd expect is a Call of Duty Forum, I don't think it would last very long there either. It would just be flamed to hell within minutes. Plus this forum in particular is very friendly and kind, so while the theme of Dark Souls is different, the player base found here probably has some merits in common. Since to my understanding the new MLP series is about being friendly and kind to one another.
    You're right about the merits of the show.

    You're wrong about the CoD community.

    Go check the CoD wiki sometime....Most of the Moderators and at least half of the admins are open bronies (hell some of them pull double duty and moderate the MLP wiki as well).


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 am

    I suppose I mean just communities with them in general, but fair enough there are also the good ones. There are also the bad DkS communities as well. I just have a bit of a sour opinion of CoD players, sometimes it's hard to see past the people you know who play the game.
    avatar
    DARKXLORD
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 29
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-16

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 am

    Tolvo wrote:The Last place I'd expect is a Call of Duty Forum, I don't think it would last very long there either. It would just be flamed to hell within minutes. Plus this forum in particular is very friendly and kind, so while the theme of Dark Souls is different, the player base found here probably has some merits in common. Since to my understanding the new MLP series is about being friendly and kind to one another.

    Well atleast there's one positive thing to be said about Call Of Duty.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:29 am

    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t2335-anyone-care-to-explain

    Post #9

    The first and second paragraph explain the unusual audience appeal.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 am

    Tolvo wrote:I suppose I mean just communities with them in general, but fair enough there are also the good ones. There are also the bad DkS communities as well. I just have a bit of a sour opinion of CoD players, sometimes it's hard to see past the people you know who play the game.
    Understandable, the CoD Community really has gone completely downhill, the only reason I still even own the game is because it's occasionally fun to play with my buddies.

    Funny enough, I'm a Vice Captain of the Brony Clan, we just hit Level 40 (out of 50) a few days ago.


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 am

    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:Understandable, the CoD Community really has gone completely downhill, the only reason I still even own the game is because it's occasionally fun to play with my buddies.

    Funny enough, I'm a Vice Captain of the Brony Clan, we just hit Level 40 (out of 50) a few days ago.

    Bronies in CoD? You truly must epitomize the essence of tolerance!


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    DARKXLORD
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 29
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-16

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 am

    I feel rude for not introducing myself. My name is Jarrad, i'm 21 and i'm new to souls. I also hate bronies.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 am

    I'm afraid you'll find the Introduce yourself thread in my signature, this is the Brony Thread as you can see.
    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 am

    Reaperfan wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:Understandable, the CoD Community really has gone completely downhill, the only reason I still even own the game is because it's occasionally fun to play with my buddies.

    Funny enough, I'm a Vice Captain of the Brony Clan, we just hit Level 40 (out of 50) a few days ago.

    Bronies in CoD? You truly must epitomize the essence of tolerance!
    We catch a lot of flack over it trust me, but the Clan W/L ratio is usually more than enough to silence the neighsayers.


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:35 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:I feel rude for not introducing myself. My name is Jarrad, i'm 21 and i'm new to souls. I also hate bronies.
    Porque Jarrad?


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:36 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:I feel rude for not introducing myself. My name is Jarrad, i'm 21 and i'm new to souls. I also hate bronies.

    Welcome to the forums Jarrad! We seem to be the same age, and while I respect your dissenting opinion of the appropriateness of...I mean...I don't mind the fact you don't understand us Bronies, and hope you enjoy our Dark Souls community here happy


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

    Sponsored content

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:51 am