Brony Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 pm

    Wade_Wilson wrote:Gah, I hate having exams. Every time I sit down to watch ponies I end up revising or going on the internet.

    Reverse procrastination?! I wish I could learn how to do that...


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:18 pm

    Reaperfan wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:Gah, I hate having exams. Every time I sit down to watch ponies I end up revising or going on the internet.

    Reverse procrastination?! I wish I could learn how to do that...

    People can reverse procrastinate? WTF?!


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:07 pm

    Alright, be honest. How's the new sig look? It was a very quick and simple job involving only the most basic of tools available, so I want to know if it looks unrefined or something next to all the amazing BindMind sigs getting out there.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:16 pm

    It looks a bit err.... well it's fine in terms of quality, though having a giant pony in my sig isnt something I'd want silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:18 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:It looks a bit err.... well it's fine in terms of quality, though having a giant pony in my sig isnt something I'd want silly

    That's why it's my sig and not yours tongue
    But thanks...I think lol!


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:22 pm

    I think you should like it, nothing wrong with it, from your point of view silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:25 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:I think you should like it, nothing wrong with it, from your point of view silly

    As long as it doesn't look too bad next to all the amazing photoshop and graphic-design-artist made ones, I guess I shouldn't worry too much then that it was made with autoshapes and WordArt in Microsoft Powerpoint tongue


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 pm

    Thats a damn good job if those were all you used reaper.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:08 pm

    Pony sig looks fine. Is that Rarity or is that Rainbow Dash?

    Though for whatever reason your avatar doesn't reveal itself anymore for me.

    EDIT: If you'd have told me that my 800th post in a site dedicated to Dark Souls would be spent talking about ponies chances would've been excellent that I would have laughed in your face.

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:11 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:Thats a damn good job if those were all you used reaper.

    It's just a rectangle I filled with a cropped part of an image I sometimes use as my wallpaper, with the text being wordart that I randomly scrolled through fonts 'til I found something I kinda liked silly

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Pony sig looks fine. Is that Rarity or is that Rainbow Dash?

    Though for whatever reason your avatar doesn't reveal itself anymore for me.

    It's Fluttershy, and I'm not sure about the avatar disappearance :|
    If anybody else is having trouble too I'll change it again to see if that makes it appear.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:36 pm

    [quote="Reaperfan"]and I'm not sure about the avatar disappearance :|/quote]

    It's working now.

    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:22 am

    Can I get a brohoof up in here? /)


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:17 am

    Acknowledged!
    (\


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:40 am

    Reaperfan wrote:Acknowledged!
    (\
    HAHA! The Fun has been DOUBLED!!!
    avatar
    DARKXLORD
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 29
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-16

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:40 am

    Just wondering what this pony crap is honestly doing anywhere near a dark souls forum. You should all be ashamed.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:48 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Just wondering what this pony crap is honestly doing anywhere near a dark souls forum. You should all be ashamed.

    I respect your dissenting opinion of the appropriateness of hobbies of interest among specific cultural denominations, however I am disinclined to consent to your views as, on a personal level, I am steadfast in my adherence to the idea that such predefined boundaries of acceptance are not entirely applicable to each individuals' tastes.

    Also, been waiting forever to post this one silly

    Spoiler:


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:49 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Just wondering what this pony crap is honestly doing anywhere near a dark souls forum. You should all be ashamed.


    The only answer needed.
    Spoiler:


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:51 am

    Reaperfan wrote:
    DARKXLORD wrote:Just wondering what this pony crap is honestly doing anywhere near a dark souls forum. You should all be ashamed.

    I respect your dissenting opinion of the appropriateness of hobbies of interest among specific cultural denominations, however I am disinclined to consent to your views as, on a personal level, I am steadfast in my adherence to the idea that such predefined boundaries of acceptance are not entirely applicable to each individuals' tastes.

    Also, been waiting forever to post this one silly

    Spoiler:

    Sounded like you were reading a dictionary ^^ silly


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:52 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Just wondering what this pony crap is honestly doing anywhere near a dark souls forum. You should all be ashamed.
    Oh really...I didn't know...I'm sorry....

    :roll:
    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:54 am

    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    DARKXLORD wrote:Just wondering what this pony crap is honestly doing anywhere near a dark souls forum. You should all be ashamed.
    Oh really...I didn't know...I'm sorry....

    :roll:

    You have a Sig waiting for you, just encase you don't know big grin


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:58 am

    Yeah man, I can't stand it when people try to bring things that are obviously only for kids into series, I mean really it's not like everyone has different opinions and likes. No, see Star Wars is a perfect example. Totally for adults and...Ewoks...uh well you see...Jar Jar Binks, well I er uh, magical space samurai fighting evil and winning because they are good...Well if we follow plato's...Oh I'm sorry guys I can't provide any evidence for my side, I think I hear my mother calling. But if she wasn't, I would totally 100% why ponies don't belong on this site.
    avatar
    DARKXLORD
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 29
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-16

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:05 am

    Hahahaha. I don't know if I can process this many levels of autism at once
    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by LordRevan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:08 am

    DARKXLORD wrote:Hahahaha. I don't know if I can process this many levels of autism at once

    Dude don't joke about stuff like that.

    If you don't like Ponies that's your choice(And Loss big grin), but don't intentionally come to a brony thread and cause trouble.


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:10 am

    Indeed, while these people are strange, and the many rainbows and images of bright ponies talking is very, crazy, to me. It's still a series like any other. Except the Step it Up series, that one is a second class citizen. It knows it too.
    avatar
    DARKXLORD
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 29
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-16

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by DARKXLORD on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 am

    Alright but honestly though, this is a serious question; what is the deal with bronies. Where is the appeal? Do you guys think it's like hipster irony or something because if thats what you're going for you're doing it wrong.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 pm