Brony Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:48 am


    Story time: yesterday me and a friend went over to the local Game store. I was buying a toy sackboy for my mum since she loves little big planet. When I went to pay for it I was a bit embarresed and joked to the girl working the tills that I felt like a little kid. She said, "Dont worry about it, everyone's got an inner kid. For example, I love watching My Little Pony" "So do we!" I replied. We then bro-hoofed and discussed who the best pony was


    _________________
    Golden rays of the glorious sunshine, sending down such a blood-red light
    Now the animals slowly retreat to the shadows, out of sight
    Arid winds blow across the mountains, giving flight to the birds of prey
    In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 am



    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:27 am



    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 59
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 22

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Enigma5991 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:42 pm

    My general opinion of Bronies.

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm

    Enigma5991 wrote:My general opinion of Bronies.


    Sadly, just like My Little Dashie, this does indeed spawn from brony culture...btw if you know what's good for you, DO NOT look up My Little Dashie. Just...please don't.

    Necro-edit that nobody will ever read because this edit is happening weeks and weeks later than the original posting but just in case: I was incredibly and awfully mistaken, My Little Dashie is the most heartwarming and yet depressing pieces of fan literature ever written. I apologize to anyone who's read it for this comment, but for the sake of keeping the conversation as it was I won't be deleting or completely editing the orignal comment.


    Last edited by Reaperfan on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 pm

    I tried to look it up (clearly if you tell me not to, I'm going to) and it was like, a sweet little video. Maybe I found the wrong one?


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:11 pm

    HI GUYS big grin

    apparently I'm a closet brony (johnny thinks) silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:I tried to look it up (clearly if you tell me not to, I'm going to) and it was like, a sweet little video. Maybe I found the wrong one?

    Maybe I'm the one that's mistaken in the title, for I had heard it was one of the more [in]famous installments in the community-made stories known as clopfics, which I happen to consider to be a dark spot on the brony culture, so I tend to avoid them. To explain what those are would probably be against forum regulations along the same lines as swearing in that we want to keep it away from younger audiences, so I won't go any more into it.

    Serious_Much wrote:HI GUYS big grin

    apparently I'm a closet brony (ReaperFan thinks) silly

    Fixed that for you winking

    And I have ever since you posted your first Kyrospawn video back in the old forums silly


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 pm

    Haha, no more than I am...I've never seen a frame outside of stuff posted on this forum, but you know, 'love and tolerate' is a pretty solid motto to live by.

    I actually never liked the word 'tolerance' because it just means you put up with things as opposed to actually accepting them. But still, if somebody can be tolerant, it's better than most people these days.


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 pm

    haha okay reaper, but you wont convert me, my obsession is manga (which im trying to cut back on) so i don't have room for that silly

    however, johnny i admit I've watched 3 episodes of MLP FIM... (though just because reaper asked so damn nicely silly)


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 pm

    Woooooo, there we go.


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 590
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Canada, eh

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by CrackSouls on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:23 pm

    I was JUST about to creat a thread called "BRONY: Why?" And then I noticed this thread.

    It's crazy how many Bronies (spelt correctly?) are out there. Not that I disagree or condone, for I have weird interests as well. Just in different genres. I will try to read most of these 8 pages, but for now could you bronies please tell me WHY you like My Little Pony so much?

    Again, no hate. I am just very curious.


    Last edited by CrackSouls on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)


    _________________
    PSN: Glennie67
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm

    Because they're gonna love and tolerate the **** out of your ignorant views silly

    (did i get that right, reaper? lol! )


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 pm

    Quoting from a different thread, but:
    Reaperfan wrote:The main issue roots down to a very specific shift in
    creative direction when Friendship is Magic was created. Specifically
    this relates to the fact that the new director attempted to make the
    show enjoyable not only to the sterotypical little girls known to watch
    previous iterations of the My Little Pony franchise, but also to their
    parents. Since she realized that they would probably at some point have
    to sit down and watch the show with their kid, she didn't want them to
    have to hate sharing time with their kids by doing what previous seasons
    had done and form the content of each episode only to appeal to the
    sterotypical little girls. This is where the important matter lies;
    Friendship is Magic was designed to be a family show, not just a young
    girls show.

    Now on to the more specific matters, making it a
    family show means it has content enjoyable to adults, but may be over
    the younger audience members' heads. For several good examples, this is
    something that almost defines the animated Disney classics such as Lion
    King and Beauty and the Beast. Now appealing to adults also means it
    will have content that appeals not only to the mothers watching the
    show, but also the fathers, and this is where the brony phenomenon
    begins. If the show was made to be enjoyed by 20/30-something year old
    fathers, does it not stand to reason that 20/30-something year old
    single men might also find the same content appealing, and by extension
    any man?

    Alot of what makes the emergence of the Bronies as big
    of a phenomenon as it is is because of the previous mentality of "omg
    little girls stuff sucks" being shattered in the eyes of of the
    audience. The reason there isn't some huge explosion of Adventure Time
    or Regular Show communities (currently the two other most recently
    addressed animated series along with Friendship is Magic) is because
    they didn't do anything special in the eyes of their audience. While
    both of these shows, along with Friendship is Magic, are very high
    quality overall cartoon series, Adventure Time and Regular Show didn't
    break any molds and cater to a predominately male audience, so of course
    nobody is going to say that grown men watching them is odd, while grown
    men watching Friendship is Magic is going to seem outlandish because of
    the misconception that this iteration will follow its franchise's roots
    as a little girl's show. Breaking past this misconception and
    "awakening" to the idea that you can't take things at face value is what
    caused the original bronies to spread the word, exponentially
    compounding this growth as each new member felt the same "awakening."

    As
    to what elemtents specifically make us enjoy Friendship is Magic so
    much can typically be said of any other worthwhile animated TV series.
    It has a strong sense of humor, with a well-defined and relatable cast
    of characters, with messages that resonate with the audience without
    being heavy-handed in their delivery. We enjoy shows such as Dexter's
    Laboratory, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Hey Arnold, The Fairly Oddparents, and
    Phineas and Ferb for exactly these same reasons, so why should
    Friendship is Magic be considered less respectable or enjoyable simply
    because it has the title My Little Pony in it? When you learn to accept
    this idea, and look past the misconception that certain shows are
    restricted to only be enjoyed by their specific target audiences, then
    you will come to understand the Brony phenomenon.

    TL;DR: I promised an essay didn't I? Now stop reading this and read the actual post you lazy bum silly


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:Because they're gonna love and tolerate the **** out of you

    Fixed that winking

    CrackSouls wrote:(spelt correctly?)

    Brony = singular
    Bronies = plural


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 590
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Canada, eh

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by CrackSouls on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:51 pm

    Just finished reading all 8 pages and now your responses... Thank. I understand better. Especially to you Reaperfan for the comparison of other shows, for I do like Dexter Laboratory. Haven't seen it in years.

    However I have so many ****ing games to play, books to read, movies to watch ahead of me that I don't think I'll really get into it... But that's cool that y'all are!

    Now that I just finished Fooly Cooly, I think I'll watch some Dexter's Laboratory right meeeow.


    _________________
    PSN: Glennie67
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 pm

    hahah as if you feign to think i didn't do that on purpose silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 am

    Reaper the video in your signature is easily one of the most despicably heart warming things in existence. Its like starfire concentrate.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 468
    Reputation : -2
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Morrowind

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Midgar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:36 pm

    Look Skyward *facepalm*


    _________________
    PSN: AnulBandit
    Characters:
    Yellow Fever - SL 154 - Dex/Faith
    Darktide - SL 160 - Dex/Int/Str Murakamo Build
    Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    I get negative rep points for making a valid point
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:45 am

    I've found a reliable source of renewable humanity to prevent myself from becoming completely hollow. I now reintroduce Reaperfan's daily dose of pony culture: Meme Edition! Guaranteed to last at least 10 times as long as Video Edition, or your money back!

    Spoiler:


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:40 am

    Lol I just watched one of the youtube clips posted very early in this threads inception. Lol I finally get why you guys love my little pony.

    Classic.


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 pm

    Reaper, to a Star Wars fan that is hilarious, and I don't know the pony implications. I just imagine Obi-Wan hearing those cries about the Phantom Menace. lol
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:47 pm

    It's not tomorrow until I've slept, and now that I've done that it's time for another one!

    Spoiler:


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 am

    Not a single comment...I'd have thought at least Serious would be a bit interested in the return of my "daily dose of pony culture." Ahh well, I'll still have more tomorrow big grin


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:15 am

    Reaper I saw it, but didn't feel the need to comment silly

    If I'm honest the star wars one is better, though it's incorrect to the say the earth is covered by bronies, more just america big grin

    Also, i keep listening to that song in your sig.. it's just too damn happy lol!


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:14 pm