Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bleed build up

Armbird

Bleed build up Empty Bleed build up

Post by Armbird Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm making a dragon character and I want my only two sources of damage to be my bare fist and status conditions. I'm planning on using the claw for bleeding, but ONLY the bleeding. I don't want it to inflict a significant amount of non-bleed damage. I've heard a lot of mixed things about certain aspects of bleeding so I was hoping you guys could clear a few things up.

Will a weapon still inflict the same bleed build up even if I don't meet the dexterity requirement?

If it is the same even without meeting the dex requirement, will bleed build up increase from scaling? For example, if I don't meet the requirement but I enchant it, will the bleed build up increase as my inelligence increases?

How should I upgrade my weapon to inflict as much bleed build up as possible? I've heard some people say that an unupgraded weapon does the most bleed build up, some say the enchanted line does the most bleed build up, and some say that chaos does the most bleed build up.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Bleed build up Empty Re: Bleed build up

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Bleed doesn't increase as you upgrade either your weapon or your stats, so really you can upgrade it any way you want. However I'm not sure if a weapon will inflict the same bleed if you don't meet it's prereqs. I'm assuming it will though.

If you wanted to inflict as much bleed damage as possible, while doing as little other damage as possible, your best bet is probably Priscilla's Dagger. The only thing it really has going for it is it's high bleed. At least IMO
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Priscilla's dagger can actually do massive amounts of damage besides bleed. Sure, the sub 100 hits on a lot of targets can be a little discouraging but you can nail three or four off and still have plenty of stamina to block or dodge and come back for a couple more hits. I did a night of forest hunting with it as my primary weapon and it was so successful it's now my backup weapon for PvP. I was surprised at how quickly it overwhelmed a lot of players. Also, bleed is almost impossible to land consistently even with that weapon. Anyway.....

On topic, I would test to see if a broken weapon will still inflict bleed at the normal rate. You'd do an insignificant amount of damage with the only threat to anyone being from bleed. I'll definitely warn though that bleed requires a hyper aggressive strategy that's often easy to punish and punish hard. From my fights with dragons I would predict many fights with bleed being the only method of attack going something like this:

You- attack attack attack attack
    Opponent- roll, roll, maybe block
    You- Out of stamina
    Opponent- Attacking doing crazy amounts of damage to you

Or

You- Run in for aggressive tactics
    Opponent- See no shield, attack immediately
    You- Dodge hopefully

Or

You- attack attack attack, little damage, hoping bleed is building up
    Opponent- Rolls away a couple times, bleed goes back to zero
    You- repeat
    Opponent- repeat
    You- get hit eventually for not insignificant amounts

Now that I'm done being a jerk (but not really) all I'm really trying to say is that bleed is REALLY tough to count on as a primary tactic. Can you make it work? Absolutely but it's an uphill battle.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Not to be an douche, or elitist, but seriously, who lets himself to get bleed these days?
    It's almost common knowledge to use iFrames of roll to cancel the bleed damage.

I main a katana and I rarely inflict bleed on someone, everybody just rolls through it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Tons of people. For one thing, people who rely on great shields, or aren't wearing heavy armor. I inflict bleed pretty regularly with a few of my builds.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

I'd say I'm in the middle of Sentiel and Plastic. You definitely can inflict bleed if you do it right or against the right opponents but to limit a build to just about only bleed is gonna be really rocky. The fact that there's little to fear should the weapon even connect is a big factor why I say "go for it but good luck." I've done bleed a few times with a scythe but those times it was because the person panicked due to the actual threat of the weapon and let me be aggressive or tried to turtle. With a small weapon intentionally doing little to no damage they can focus more on that bleed meter and in my experience the little weapons seem to take an extraordinarily long time to build. I've gone ape*** on people with the P. Dagger and not caused bleed.

If I was up for the testing I would work over the Stray demon with a couple of different characters to see if that's true. The Scythe only takes two hits on him to bleed him good. Could check the dagger maybe. Or harpies....also two hits to trigger bleed with the Lifehunt or Great Scythe

Armbird

Post by Armbird Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:07 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Now that I'm done being a jerk (but not really) all I'm really trying to say is that bleed is REALLY tough to count on as a primary tactic. Can you make it work? Absolutely but it's an uphill battle.

I probably should've been a bit more specific with what I was going to use. My goal here is to try to only inflict damage using my bare hand, but having the claw and poisoning conditions just for funsies and as another option to fall back on. I won't use bleeding as my primary tactic, but it can be fun to use sometimes.

RH
    Unarmed
    Claw

LH
    Crest shield (probably, since any sorceries will potentially one shot me, although I might use dragon crest or silver knight shield because they fit the dragon look better)
    Pyro flame

Attune slots:
    Power within
    Fire surge or toxic mist

I also might use poison resins with the claw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:07 am