Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Sentiel
Sloth9230
ClassicBlaze
Acarnatia
Seignar
Frank_White
Slarg232
Oh_the_Humanity
Buggy Virus
Serious_Much
al0cer
dragonbeast6
Gawain
ChizFreak
DE5PA1R
TeeHayne
20 posters

Rumor on Location

Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Rumor on Location - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor on Location

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:53 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:DaS2 does not take place in Lordran, nor does it tell about a journey to Lordran. Entirely standalone game in a different kingdom, that's it.

Stop pretending you know these as facts. You don't.

The castle in the trailer looks absolutely nothing like Anor Londo (don't be ridiculous) and yeah it looks similar to the old art illustration but that was obviously just the early idea for what Anor Londo might look like, before they changed their mind.

It has already been pointed out that what we see could very well be Anor Londo from a certain angle. Read before posting.

It's mind boggling how people come up with speculation like this AFTER FromSoft has stated the contrary.

They haven't. You're imagining things.

Carim is the most likely location btw, since no one in the trailer has a shield & they said the game has a mad scientist. Arstor of Carim is mad, cruel & uses his skill to create artifacts like Purging Stones out of humans, or magical rings through some dreadful experiments.

No. The concept art is extremely western. Carim is the equivalent of the Middle East.

I did read what was said. What I said were facts, FromSoft had said it takes place in another kingdom. This means no Lordran, no journey to Lordran (because a journey would indicate you leave the kingdom you are in).

And no, it can not in any case be Anor Londo, it just obviously is not it. Because we already know the game doesn't take place in Lordran, and because it doesn't look like Anor Londo. Please use your head.

It is never implied that Carim would be to the east of Lordran, or that it would be "the equivalent of Middle East", their armor is very western. Carim is very likely a western kingdom.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I'm not sure Carim has a direct real-world counterpat; rather, I think it's a mix of several. Based on the clothes and paleness (check the default Carim face in teh character creator as well as Oswald and Lautrec-those guys are pretty pale) of people from Carim. The Earl invented the shotel which is a weapon from northern Africa in our world, uses a lot of dual-wielding (nowhere that I know of in our world was known for that) and deals a lot with the nature of Sin and (this is just my own conclusion on where the occult items came from) possibly the occult gear and dark ember. Carim seems to be a mix of African, Mediterranean and EXTREMELY northern Europe. Somehow, I can see it placed as a very dark-themed Russia or as a pale-skinned Carthage.

This. Must be a very dark place if the inhabitants are that pale. Hmm what did the trailer say again... "forever without light".
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:17 pm

I did read what was said. What I said were facts, FromSoft had said it takes place in another kingdom. This means no Lordran, no journey to Lordran (because a journey would indicate you leave the kingdom you are in).

We know that the game doesn't take place in Lordran. This has no bearing on whether or not the player goes to Lordran, or wants to journey to Lordran. Moron.

And no, it can not in any case be Anor Londo, it just obviously is not it. Because we already know the game doesn't take place in Lordran, and because it doesn't look like Anor Londo. Please use your head.

It's been pointed out before. It potentially looks exactly like Lordran from a certain angle. Can you read good?

It is never implied that Carim would be to the east of Lordran, or that it would be "the equivalent of Middle East", their armor is very western. Carim is very likely a western kingdom.

East of Lordran? Who brought that up?

Carim employ weapons and techniques used by Persians and middle easterners of the medieval era. They do not use shields, which were used by nearly every western army from the era. And Karim is one of the 99 names of Allah. What makes you think Carim is a western kingdom?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Carim was pale (look at a character with the Carim default face in character creator) well before the Fire went out. And people only get so pale without light over just a few generations. Take a black human; they're not going to be as pale as the people of Carim apparently are.
    And while we do know that the game doesn't take place in Lordran, for all we know, it may take place in the kingdom immediately adjacent. That may be Lordran in the distance; that doesn't mean that the main character will ever go there.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:

We know that the game doesn't take place in Lordran. This has no bearing on whether or not the player goes to Lordran, or wants to journey to Lordran. Moron.

It's been pointed out before. It potentially looks exactly like Lordran from a certain angle. Can you read good?

East of Lordran? Who brought that up?

Carim employ weapons and techniques used by Persians and middle easterners of the medieval era. They do not use shields, which were used by nearly every western army from the era. And Karim is one of the 99 names of Allah. What makes you think Carim is a western kingdom?

Yes, it does mean that the player will not go to Lordran. Sure he might want to go there but he never will during the gameplay, this much is known. But lets not resort to namecalling now, huh?

Perhaps you don't know much about angles, but you can try them all and it still is obviously not Anor Londo. The castle would have to be Dukes Archives for it to be AL, and that's not the Archives...

I didn't know that about Allah, good notion there. Still, from all we've been told about Carim, only thing we know is that it's a dark and creepy place with no hope. So what makes you think it DOES have an eastern feeling to it?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm

My money is on Thoruland playing a role in the next game. That guy from facebook looks a lot like gwyn, and I'm pretty sure it's Lloyd. The other guy also looked clericy to me.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Carim was pale (look at a character with the Carim default face in character creator) well before the Fire went out. And people only get so pale without light over just a few generations. Take a black human; they're not going to be as pale as the people of Carim apparently are.
    And while we do know that the game doesn't take place in Lordran, for all we know, it may take place in the kingdom immediately adjacent. That may be Lordran in the distance; that doesn't mean that the main character will ever go there.

That's exactly what I mean. The fact that people from Carim are pale, makes the trailer imply even more that the game takes place in Carim because there is less light there.
    And yes, in theory it could be Lordran in the distance. But it's not Anor Londo in the distance, that is for sure. Would look entirely different no matter what side you are looking from.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Can we stop with the possibility that the kingdom/city in the trailer is Lordran. It IS Not possible.

All you have to do is picture yourself on top of Sens where you fight the Golem.
    Where's that giant wall surrounding Anor Londo?
    I mean picture what the Dukes looks like. I
    t's a tiny building (compared to AL) a-top a mountain, tucked back barely noticeable at a glance.

I don't think it could be Lordran at any angle really.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Can we stop with the possibility that the kingdom/city in the trailer is Lordran. It IS Not possible.

All you have to do is picture yourself on top of Sens where you fight the Golem.
    t's a tiny building (compared to AL) a-top a mountain, tucked back barely noticeable at a glance.

Pictures. Look at them.

For Juniper's sake...
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:17 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Can we stop with the possibility that the kingdom/city in the trailer is Lordran. It IS Not possible.

Pictures. Look at them.

For Juniper's sake...

Or look at a picture, either way. Not Lordran.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:33 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:Check out the Dark Souls concept art vs what we see in the trailer. Almost exactly the same.

https://youtu.be/JpS0HMzqnTQ?t=5m10s

Also here:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t4931-dark-souls-design-works#86603

And finally, note what Lordran would look like from the back. There's a noticeable absence of wall on the 'Northeast,' where there are mountains instead.

https://i.imgur.com/U8t2d.jpg
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:16 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:Check out the Dark Souls concept art vs what we see in the trailer. Almost exactly the same.

Also here:

And finally, note what Lordran would look like from the back. There's a noticeable absence of wall on the 'Northeast,' where there are mountains instead.

It's almost like you don't understand what concept art means. Yes, that is very early Dark Souls concept art, and they clearly thought about making Anor Londo look like that. Then they changed their mind and made another type, with a large wall around it, a cathedral in the middle and the highest point would be Dukes Archives. Now they are using the scrapped concept art for a new location in the next game.

Are you dense or something? Why would they put in Anor Londo in a game that does not take place in Lordran AND change the entire appearance of Anor Londo to begin with.
    Btw that "mountain" behind the Cathedral is the hill on top of which Dukes Archives is. You see Dukes Archives in the trailer? No you don't. Do you even see the cathedral? No you don't.

You need to learn to accept defeat. Now you're just making a fool out of yourself.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:

Also here:

Key word, "concept" it was concept art for dark souls, not Lordran. No where does it say, this is the concept for Lordran.
    Just look at it, its basically an island. It almost looks like its floating. Just look at this pic.

First picture is Anor Londo (of course) look at all the buildings surrounding the main building (where you play in game) they strech out for a long long ways.

Rumor on Location - Page 2 Anor_londo

Now look at this pic of the trailer,

Rumor on Location - Page 2 Dark-souls-2-anor-londo

and, you can clearly see a flat top on the tallest point, thats not in Anor Londo at all, since AL is all spikes and points.

Rumor on Location - Page 2 Dark-souls-ii-2

If all the mountains surrounding the city in the DkS2 trailer where buildings, then yes I could say its possible.

I mean look at the size of Anor Londo alone:
    Rumor on Location - Page 2 Dark_souls_303453

heres the Dukes way atop the mountain that is the highest point in all of Lordran, you would be able to see it in any shot of Anor Londo from a distance.

Rumor on Location - Page 2 Ab74317c-0d0f-4f80-9c5a-ea250fd6aff3
    and
    Rumor on Location - Page 2 DukesArchives-2

Heres the bell tower, just some more reference to how Lordran would look from a distance.

Rumor on Location - Page 2 Ds12

I think I proved my point.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

Also here:

It's almost like you don't understand what concept art means. Yes, that is very early Dark Souls concept art, and they clearly thought about making Anor Londo look like that. Then they changed their mind and made another type, with a large wall around it, a cathedral in the middle and the highest point would be Dukes Archives. Now they are using the scrapped concept art for a new location in the next game.

Are you dense or something? Why would they put in Anor Londo in a game that does not take place in Lordran AND change the entire appearance of Anor Londo to begin with.
    Btw that "mountain" behind the Cathedral is the hill on top of which Dukes Archives is. You see Dukes Archives in the trailer? No you don't. Do you even see the cathedral? No you don't.

You need to learn to accept defeat. Now you're just making a fool out of yourself.

I bet he just heard EnB (epicnamebro) talk about the trailer the first day it came out, before they confirmed that it wont be Lordran in DkS2 and thinks because he said it that it must be true.
    I love EnB, he has a wonderful perspective of the DkS world and lore, but some people put him on a pedestal and think of him as the almighty of DkS, and don't take the time to think for themselves.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Also here:

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:

Also here:

Are you serious?
    That video was made before it was confirmed that DkS2 wont take place in Lordran. There is nothing to discuss here.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT LORDRAN WONT BE IN DARKSOULS2!

what is wrong with you?
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 am

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Are you serious?

No, that has not been confirmed. Typing in caps lock won't change that.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:23 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Are you serious?

No, that has not been confirmed. Typing in caps lock won't change that.

Yes it has.
    Here is the proof.

"- It does not take place on Lordran. The name of the world is the key of the story, they will reveal it at a later date."

http://gamingeverything.com/35586/first-dark-souls-ii-details-from-edge/

I'm sorry your wrong, but man,
    except that isn't Anor Londo in the trailer and move on.

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 am

The game not taking place in Lordran has no bearing on whether it will be featured, mentioned, shown, etc.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    I bet he just heard EnB (epicnamebro) talk about the trailer the first day it came out, before they confirmed that it wont be Lordran in DkS2 and thinks because he said it that it must be true.
    I love EnB, he has a wonderful perspective of the DkS world and lore, but some people put him on a pedestal and think of him as the almighty of DkS, and don't take the time to think for themselves.

This is so true. How come so many think ENB is like some kind of Souls god with infinite knowledge? He can parry well, but besides that he mostly just comes up with very far fetched and unlikely speculation about the lore with basically no proof for his claims.
    I love his videos but he can be wrong too, just like everyone else. As a side note, I find it kind of annoying how he always spells every name (weapons, characters, places) wrong.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:42 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:The game not taking place in Lordran has no bearing on whether it will be featured, mentioned, shown, etc.

Okay. I will agree with that statement. It is very possible and most likely will be mentioned at some point in DkS2, but it will not take place there.
    Weather it's mentioned isn't what were talking about here.
    Were talking about if the city in the trailer is Lordran, which it CLEARLY isnt.
    Did you even look at the post I put up with all the screenshots?
    Look at the peaks of Anor Londo, you see there all sharp points that have intersecting circles or arches, the trailers city has flat tops, kinda like Sens Fortress does.
    Plus just look at the trailer, that city is all clustered together and surrounded by mountains, now if all those mountains were buildings that stretch for miles, then maybe it could be AL. AL is completly surrounded by buildings, except for directly behind the main building.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Rumor on Location - Page 2 Los11
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:41 pm

I want it to be in Astora. sad
    People from Astora seem pretty badass.

EDIT:
    I know this is a screenshot from the opening cinematic, but I still have no idea what the hell it is. It doesn't resemble any part of Lordran.

I always thought it's Burg and Parish, but they're a fifth of the size of this. And it can't be Anor Londo (viewed from the back?), since the cathedral is facing the hill, no?
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:03 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:Rumor on Location - Page 2 Los11

Only that picture does not apply in the case of Anor Londo. You still don't seem to understand that it's surrounded by a large wall 360 degrees around it. Also no matter what way you are looking from, you would see Dukes Archives because it's higher than any of the mountains or other buildings.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Sentiel wrote:I want it to be in Astora. sad
    People from Astora seem pretty badass.

EDIT:
    I know this is a screenshot from the opening cinematic, but I still have no idea what the hell it is. It doesn't resemble any part of Lordran.

I always thought it's Burg and Parish, but they're a fifth of the size of this. And it can't be Anor Londo (viewed from the back?), since the cathedral is facing the hill, no?

Im pretty sure it is Anor Londo. I think it's a "cinematic representation" of it, not and exact recreation of what you see in game.
    Obviously I could be wrong and it could be a different city. But why would they show a city in the opening cinematic that closely resembles AL but isn't in the game?
    The 2 things that are off in the pic are the missing arches that intersect the towering peaks, and those long extending bridges that spread out from the main building.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am