Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Share
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 21

    Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Johnthethird on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 am

    IDK what other peoples Ideas are, but I think that after you beat the game, you should unlock a sort of free roam mode where you have all areas unlocked, the bosses already killed, and you can basically invade or get invaded at any time. Also all warp areas are unlocked.
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by raecor14 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:09 am

    eh, i think its a tad..... un soulsy. THOUGH full game invasions could be fun!


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 24
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Ashran on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 am

    Everytime you beat the game it should give you another char slot.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 23
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 am

    I believe someone once suggested an arena like game mode where you could create any build you want using something similar to MugenMonkey. i think it would be pretty cool.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by LunarFog on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 am

    Bad idea. Really bad

    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:44 am

    raecor14 wrote:eh, i think its a tad..... un soulsy. THOUGH full game invasions could be fun!

    Full game invasions? meaning the whole damm world open for exploration as an invader? If so, then it tottaly sounds...well...AWESOME!


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!
    avatar
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 979
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-10-02
    Age : 24
    Location : Between the Dark and Light

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Acarnatia on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 am

    I think other 'modes' should be subverted (again) entirely.


    _________________
    I am him who seeks himself;
    Fallen Heaven's malice was I born to bear.
    A phantom-ghost treading upon the mists of Heaven,
    Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

    PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 24
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Ashran on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:39 am

    Maybe a massive arena? Like 10 vs 10! Maybe some battelfield from the old days of the dragon wars.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by raecor14 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 am

    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:eh, i think its a tad..... un soulsy. THOUGH full game invasions could be fun!

    Full game invasions? meaning the whole damm world open for exploration as an invader? If so, then it tottaly sounds...well...AWESOME!
    I KNOW! oh where is that invader? oh hes in nitos den and i am in anor londo.... ****


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1279
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Location : Firelink

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Buggy Virus on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 pm

    Why?


    _________________
    *Busy Drawing*
    Xbl: A Buggy Virus
    Whelp, now I have positive rep.
    Reputation : 30
    Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:08 pm

    eh i think it'd be cool if one pvp covanent had a dueling summon sign that showed up in an area regardless of whether the boss is alive or not in the recipients world. maybe the dragon bros if they show up again, the usuall fog doors would show up of course.


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 pm

    What about a functional arena that grants you infinite souls and access to any equipment and consumables you want?


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 510
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-05-01
    Age : 42
    Location : Scotland YEEEAH

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by FattyOfDoom on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 pm

    No

    Even though I've played SinglePlayer lots of times, me exploring through the game to earn my stuff is MUCH better than getting it for free.

    It's fine as it is.


    _________________
    Billy-Bayonet wrote:I'll Dark Lord your *** so hard, you'll walk like John Wayne for a month!


    Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.


    PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 pm

    Johnthethird wrote:IDK what other peoples Ideas are, but I think that after you beat the game, you should unlock a sort of free roam mode where you have all areas unlocked, the bosses already killed, and you can basically invade or get invaded at any time. Also all warp areas are unlocked.

    hahahahaha, someone suggested FROM might actually give an option to make things easier for us lol!

    Not while Miyazaki yet lives my friend silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by steveswede on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:eh i think it'd be cool if one pvp covanent had a dueling summon sign that showed up in an area regardless of whether the boss is alive or not in the recipients world. maybe the dragon bros if they show up again, the usuall fog doors would show up of course.

    I mentioned something similar to this in another thread, but I wanted the current dragon covenant to be modified to do this. Basically you can summon a dragon bro while you're in hollow or human form, sign is visible in boss areas when boss is defeated which also fog walls the boss area, soul level is unlimited either way, you can see the soul level in the users name, you are informed of the summoners soul level and get the option to refuse being summoned if you don't want to fight that player, whether it's because of their soul level, don't like their tactics or just don't like them as a person. A system like this would be perfect for organized fights.
    avatar
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 510
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-05-01
    Age : 42
    Location : Scotland YEEEAH

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by FattyOfDoom on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm

    But would go against the risk of putting down a sign. You put down your sign so if someone wants to gank you, they will gank you.



    _________________
    Billy-Bayonet wrote:I'll Dark Lord your *** so hard, you'll walk like John Wayne for a month!


    Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.


    PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by steveswede on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 pm

    FattyOfDoom wrote:But would go against the risk of putting down a sign. You put down your sign so if someone wants to gank you, they will gank you.


    Personally I would rather see the RSS removed as I see black phantoms as invaders, not people with invitations. And isn't it a good thing to fcuk up gankers from ganking? Most people who put down a RSS want to honor duel. If gankers want to gank then they would just have to wait to be invaded.
    avatar
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 510
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-05-01
    Age : 42
    Location : Scotland YEEEAH

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by FattyOfDoom on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:41 pm

    While I hate ganking, it's a risk invaders know may happen. It may be a 2v1 or a 3v1.

    So when I get killed by gankers I know it's my fault, as I knew it may happen.


    _________________
    Billy-Bayonet wrote:I'll Dark Lord your *** so hard, you'll walk like John Wayne for a month!


    Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.


    PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by steveswede on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:46 pm

    FattyOfDoom wrote:While I hate ganking, it's a risk invaders know may happen. It may be a 2v1 or a 3v1.

    So when I get killed by gankers I know it's my fault, as I knew it may happen.

    The red soap stone summoning isn't an invasion, it's an invitation. You shouldn't be able to gank if you do this.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 pm

    I agree steve, you shouldn't be able to summon red soaps when you've got summoned..

    Though then again, that would make the dragon orb null and void, and ignore the description. The red soap is supposed to be a wraith's tool. It's like the red orb in every way, except for the fact that they ask your consent to invade your world rather than force their way in. While this kinda deserves respect, it's still a wraithlike invasion, so is treated as such by the game to suit the lore.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 510
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-05-01
    Age : 42
    Location : Scotland YEEEAH

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by FattyOfDoom on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm

    If I was with another warrior and seen a darkwraith's sign on the floor, I'd summon it and kill him.

    If the RSS does act like the Dragon Eye then what will the dragon eye do? The exact same thing?


    _________________
    Billy-Bayonet wrote:I'll Dark Lord your *** so hard, you'll walk like John Wayne for a month!


    Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.


    PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by steveswede on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:22 pm

    FattyOfDoom wrote:If I was with another warrior and seen a darkwraith's sign on the floor, I'd summon it and kill him.

    If the RSS does act like the Dragon Eye then what will the dragon eye do? The exact same thing?

    As I said...

    steveswede wrote:I mentioned something similar to this in another thread, but I wanted the current dragon covenant to be modified to do this. Basically you can summon a dragon bro while you're in hollow or human form, sign is visible in boss areas when boss is defeated which also fog walls the boss area, soul level is unlimited either way, you can see the soul level in the users name, you are informed of the summoners soul level and get the option to refuse being summoned if you don't want to fight that player, whether it's because of their soul level, don't like their tactics or just don't like them as a person. A system like this would be perfect for organized fights.
    steveswede wrote:Personally I would rather see the RSS removed as I see black phantoms as invaders, not people with invitations.

    Basically Dragon eye becomes the summon enemy only tool, darkwraiths can only invade, summoning darkwraiths removed.
    avatar
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 984
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Location : Canada

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Back Lot Basher on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 pm

    I'd love to see some variation on Arena mode where beating the game might enable you to join a duellists covenant and you could simply put on a ring which would take you into some random part of the world for a rumble. Maybe a 1 vs 1 ring, a 2 vs 2 ring, and a "free for all" ring (group of 4, like the Arena). You'd never know where you were going or what other "classes" you'd match up with.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Easy Way for making PVP classes?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:25 am