Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Aznul
befowler
Nybbles
EeAyEss
densetsushun
Ghadis_God
xSomax
Azamuth
The Letter X
Hydreigon11
Serious_Much
fujiphoenix
Onion Knight
aceluby
PlasticandRage
Bioraptor
Sloth9230
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Bloodpact91
Slarg232
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Shindori
Soris Ice Goldwing
LunarFog
29 posters

The true essence of Dark Souls

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: The true essence of Dark Souls

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Sequence breaking isn't the only way to attain high level gear at low SL. The only toons I have that I use to anti-grief and low SL duel are toons that I've beaten the game with at low SL and returned to early areas in NG+.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: The true essence of Dark Souls

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Well yeah, but I see no reason to stick around in those areas. I do try and keep the burg open for Duels after NG+ though, It's a pretty good spot aside from the very rare Cracked Red Orb guy.

It's what bugs me abount low-level greifers though. They have nothing to gain by invading in those areas. They're doing for it ****&giggles. Depending on their intentions, you could even say it's elitist.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:57 pm

The essence of Dark Souls isn't artificial difficulty.

Also all griefers and griefing videos are terribly boring to watch.

Playing offline saves so much hassle from scumbag humanity online.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Well yeah, but I see no reason to stick around in those areas. I do try and keep the burg open for Duels
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Duels, not massacres. I don't stay low level.

Notice the "though" at the end of the sentence? I had already acknowledged the a contradiction (or an exception w/e it is) in my statement.

If anything, it was mistake on the developers part. The first area(not tutorial) should have been invasion/summon free, like it was in Demon's Souls.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Bloodpact91 wrote:Seriously , whats the point in doing these thing? You're just making somebody else life harder.. More than likely new players. I am probably going to be hated for having an opinion on the internet , but this is just a **** move...

It's fun for me.

Sloth9230 wrote:I'm really trying to understand the mentality of a griefer, so help me out here. You went out and bought Dark Souls, you clearly liked it since you're still playing it, and now you've decided that other people aren't allowed to enjoy the game as much as you did? Why? What do you get out of ruining the game for others?

And getting new players to kill NPC's is just low. The'ye stupid for falling for it, but you're just trash if you set the situation up in the first place. I hope everyone you invade just disconnects on you, if you do those kinds of things.

It's not that they can't have any fun. It's just that I'm going to have as much fun as I can, even if that means screwing someone else over. I've never lured someone to kill an NPC before since that takes too much time(although I might try), but it seems like that'd be hilarious too. I do get some people who disconnect, but I make sure to call them a sissy afterward to capitalize on their frustration.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

RantFromRant wrote:meh, griefing is too easy. thankfully most of the griefers are garbage(like the guy in the vid) and will not survive a good sunbro.
    Lol. For some reason sunbros seem easier than normal phantoms. Maybe it's because I'm level 40 invading in Anor Londo, but I can count the number of times I've lost a fight on one hand, and I invaded more than 50 times.

Most of it was from trying to fight on the narrow walkways at the top of the giant church over the painting guardians. After I got WoG spammed to death there once, I usually just wait for them to open the shortcut and then I go and move it again before I curbstomp them. The other times were from being ganked by 3 people at once.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Lunar I don't think I have ever encountered anyone who has put me into moral-realism conflict like this before. At one side I hate how you get fun from torturing players especially newer ones by turning a hardcore game into something impossible. It really seems inhuman, and sadist for doing that since it makes them a bit helpless and gives the community a bad rep as nothing but bullies for a safer word.

However on the other side I can see how messing up people like this can make for great self pleasure. Throw out any sign of consideration for the raw form of humanity makes for a great "escape" from the limits of life because here you CAN. Face it there are many who love different forms of griefing for whatever reason they like. Maybe power over others who are weaker than you. I'm not sure and don't plan to find out.

Am I messed up or making sense here? Nah whatever happens I'm stinking to my morals on griefing: I'm not doing it.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 pm

So Lunar, you get your jollies from fighting people who have next to no chance of fighting back? Sounds wicked fun...
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Lunar I don't think I have ever encountered anyone who has put me into moral-realism conflict like this before. At one side I hate how you get fun from torturing players especially newer ones by turning a hardcore game into something impossible. It really seems inhuman, and sadist for doing that since it makes them a bit helpless and gives the community a bad rep as nothing but bullies for a safer word.

However on the other side I can see how messing up people like this can make for great self pleasure. Throw out any sign of consideration for the raw form of humanity makes for a great "escape" from the limits of life because here you CAN. Face it there are many who love different forms of griefing for whatever reason they like. Maybe power over others who are weaker than you. I'm not sure and don't plan to find out.

Am I messed up or making sense here? Nah whatever happens I'm stinking to my morals on griefing: I'm not doing it.

I get you. I think it's because I don't affiliate myself with anything that I can do what I do without any remorse. The Dark Souls community is great and all, but if what I do causes people to think less of it then it's not my problem. I may be a bit of a sadist, for this, but I do practically get off on the messages people send me after I wait 15 minutes for them to lower the spinning platform in anor londo, move it back up, and then poison them and mess around with them for another 15 minutes until they drop dead and have to do all that over again.

As a girl, I think you're boring for having morals, but you're WAY better than guys who can't stick to their own ideals.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:So Lunar, you get your jollies from fighting people who have next to no chance of fighting back? Sounds wicked fun...

I don't fight them. I torture them and cause them the most amount of frustration possible. There's a difference.

I have a few SL 99 characters for actual fights. Even then I don't lose that often. In fact I might go so far as to say that my Spearman build is perfection as far as pure melee builds go.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 pm

As long as your not blacklisting people I have little issue with you. Personally I don't think there's a limit to how low people can go, though since you don't seem to cause permanent damage to these players and don't kill them I see little to get mad about. I'm not going to try to change people but if I see really harmful griefers I'll fight back.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:21 pm

I just have a problem with people who invade in the perish with tricked out everything. For instance, I was waltzing through the perish on my way to kill the Gargoyles on NG+, and I got invaded by a guy in full giants. He spent the whole fight spamming pursuers, crystal spear and dark bead. Had I been around his level, I would have been destroyed in my starting gear. I can understand the "griefing" by just messing with them, but strait up invading to murder low level players is low. Also, don't have any sway in what you do, but I'd just like to ask on behalf of all the new players to come that you not bait people into attacking important NPC's. A new player would not know what to do and would most likely end up killing the NPC, and that could seriously *** up there whole save.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:As long as your not blacklisting people I have little issue with you. Personally I don't think there's a limit to how low people can go, though since you don't seem to cause permanent damage to these players and don't kill them I see little to get mad about. I'm not going to try to change people but if I see really harmful griefers I'll fight back.

Ha. Don't get me wrong. I cause as much damage as I can even after I kill them. That's why I poison them and let them use humanities, close any shortcuts, or kill NPC's if I ever got the chance. Seeing how I do all this, AND I'm above average in terms of skill, I'd say I'm as dangerous as they get. Even more dangerous than the griefers who just kill you instantly in some regards.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:30 pm

If we ever met let's see who can cause a bigger hell to the other. I don't have Ice Demon on my gt for laughs, I got my means for cold hell. I just don't use it often.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm

I know? I just think tricking new players into killing important npc's is wholly unnecessary. I can see how griefing would be fun for some people, but why on earth would you want to basically break someones game? New players are the only ones who would fall for that, so you are going into knowing that you are breaking a players game who has no way of knowing it will.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:If we ever met let's see who can cause a bigger hell to the other. I don't have Ice Demon on my gt for laughs, I got my means for cold hell. I just don't use it often.

Not to ruin your fun, but unless I make a new character really quick, there's no way I can really be touched. My main griefing character is a darkwraith in Anor Londo with Fatboy and Slim gone. Even if you manage to gank me when I invade you or your host, I'll just be back in about 30 seconds with all my humanities and souls invading someone else. I mean I suppose you're making me waste souls from me using dung bombs and poison knives on you but still.

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:I know? I just think tricking new players into killing important npc's is wholly unnecessary. I can see how griefing would be fun for some people, but why on earth would you want to basically break someones game? New players are the only ones who would fall for that, so you are going into knowing that you are breaking a players game who has no way of knowing it will.

I deleted my last message because I realized I read yours wrong. Shrug

And if anything the thought of causing permanent damage to someone's game would feel amazing.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm

O_o wut?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm

A thread attempting to glorify griefing.. There's only one response worthy of this

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 2 3cd8a33a
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 pm

They should just bring back infinite invasions from the get-go, along with a way of sending them back like the banishment miracle. At least that way both sides can troll if they want too.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 pm

I don't see anything wrong with closing shortcuts and just doing stuff like that because all it does is add more inconvenience, but forcing them to kill NPC's is just being an arse hat. I swear, the people who will fall for this are new players, who will need these NPC's and you could potentially destroy 15-20 hours of gameplay in that one 5 minute invasion, and all for what a bit of fun? It just seems wholly unnecessary. Sure you could apologise, but can you get that guy his 20 hours back? If you're gonna grief, grief but don't go killing NPC's it's a horrendously unfair thing to do.

Griefers gonna grief, but even trolls have their limits.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Give me a sl and we'll see. Wait why Anor Londo?

Also Serious_Much I don't know why I find that funny.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing: I'm guessing.... Giant Blackmith, no platinum trophy or lightning/boss weapons for them. They could just wait till NG+(and platinum requires NG+2 anyway) but still, it's the thought that counts.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:O_o wut?
    ...wut

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am