Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Aznul
befowler
Nybbles
EeAyEss
densetsushun
Ghadis_God
xSomax
Azamuth
The Letter X
Hydreigon11
Serious_Much
fujiphoenix
Onion Knight
aceluby
PlasticandRage
Bioraptor
Sloth9230
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Bloodpact91
Slarg232
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Shindori
Soris Ice Goldwing
LunarFog
29 posters

The true essence of Dark Souls

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 6 Empty Re: The true essence of Dark Souls

Post by LunarFog Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:54 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:This thread should be closed. It was made for the purpose of talking about how awesome griefing is, and predictably, it has been derailed into talking about everything other than the intended subject. I doubt there is any way in hell of it being turned around to its intended subject, and it's going no were. There is no point in keeping it going.

Tbh it's still about griefing actually. Subjects don't have to change when the subject is already controversial enough.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 6 Empty Re: The true essence of Dark Souls

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Lunar Fog, do you play Warhammer? Because I know another Luna type person, and you're personality matches up EXACTLY with the one from DakkaDakka.....
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Lunar Fog, do you play Warhammer? Because I know another Luna type person, and you're personality matches up EXACTLY with the one from DakkaDakka.....
    Hmm....Can't say I have. Although good on her for being like me. Proper Bow
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:Lunar Fog, do you play Warhammer? Because I know another Luna type person, and you're personality matches up EXACTLY with the one from DakkaDakka.....
    Hmm....Can't say I have. Although good on her for being like me. The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 6 945058907

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 6 3358384175
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    LunarFog wrote: Just pure, "innocent" fun.

See that's the thing. It's not innocent fun. Its fun at someone else's expense. That's part of what you don't seem to be getting that we're all having a problem with. A lot of you are also justifying it as something that your character is doing, and not you, and I don't really see it entirely that way. You're making the decision to torment someone else to such a degree that it's most likely preventing their innocent fun. Understand? And to post about glorifying it in a community filled with so many people who are, more often than not, dedicated to helping these same people, when they show up asking for advice, is just a little silly. Most of us are here doing the exact opposite. Of course we don't like it.
    That's why I put the quotes. I'm fully aware that what I(I as the person, not the character) am doing is frowned upon by most people. But hey. Gotta keep a villain around or else things get boring amirite?

Personally I don't think you are. They are plenty of ways to be a villain in DkS that are fun for everyone. I DW/DM invade and just plain slaughter people constantly. I have a blast doing it. Just as much fun as I have when someone slaughters me, because that's all in good fun, and isn't really designed with the intent of destroying someone's gaming experience. However, what you're doing is absolutely designed to do exactly that. I hate to say it, but I kind of have to throw my hat into the ring and agree with some others who've said this already. I think it's wrong. I think you're wrong. I think it denotes something emotionally not okay with you. And it's certainly killed my desire to continue conversing with you.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Personally I don't think you are. They are plenty of ways to be a villain in DkS that are fun for everyone. I DW/DM invade and just plain slaughter people constantly. I have a blast doing it. Just as much fun as I have when someone slaughters me, because that's all in good fun, and isn't really designed with the intent of destroying someone's gaming experience. However, what you're doing is absolutely designed to do exactly that. I hate to say it, but I kind of have to throw my hat into the ring and agree with some others who've said this already. I think it's wrong. I think you're wrong. I think it denotes something emotionally not okay with you. And it's certainly killed my desire to continue conversing with you.

Well alright, but I feel obligated to say that I've never gotten a player to kill an NPC. yet. I plan on doing it, but you should at least hold off your personal vendetta for a few days. Unless you count messing up the elevator in Anor Londo so the host has to take the detour again as "destroying someone's gaming experience". Then I've done that dozens of times.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 pm

I don' t get how this destroys my experience, and where is this proof that people quit because they got invaded. I would think someone looking for a challenging game would just work through it.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:19 pm

i know i said i was done, but thats horribly misleading. you made it sound as if you'd done it before.... even so, i stand by my points. messing with totally new players like that isn't okay.

*edit* odin, you're missing the fact that not everyone is you. i said HAS THE POTENTIAL TOO, not IS A GUARANTEED TURN-OFF. theres a heavy difference. you play BECAUSE of the invaders, but a lot of people play in spite of them.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Odinbear wrote:I don' t get how this destroys my experience, and where is this proof that people quit because they got invaded. I would think someone looking for a challenging game would just work through it.

Why don't you read the thread? She isn't talking about invading people, she is talking about invading new players,who don't know any better, and tricking them into killing essential NPCs, like the blacksmiths. If you were a new player, and was forced into killing a blacksmith, would you be ok with it? You can't look at it with the experience you have now. You have to look at it through the eyes of a rookie who probably hasn't even seen this wiki.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 pm

good to see someone sees where i'm coming from at least. thanks fuji
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 pm

xSomax wrote:i know i said i was done, but thats horribly misleading. you made it sound as if you'd done it before.... even so, i stand by my points. messing with totally new players like that isn't okay.

*edit* odin, you're missing the fact that not everyone is you. i said HAS THE POTENTIAL TOO, not IS A GUARANTEED TURN-OFF. theres a heavy difference. you play BECAUSE of the invaders, but a lot of people play in spite of them.

If your talking to me, nope, never been a dark wraith (yet). Only invasions I've done are with the 4 red eye orbs you get from the first chest at fire link. Oh and a DW. Dropped me about 10 with another char.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 pm

It's either: about control, a sad attempt at validating your own existence, or misplaced anger. I can't think of anything else which would cause someone to consider those things fun.

I consider messing with the elevator harmless. Killing NPC's for new players is disgusting though. That you haven't gotten the chance, but plan to do it eventually is just as bad.

LunarFog wrote:Magicians would still be lil b*****es
    . . .

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 6 Tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 pm

odin that first half was aimed at lunar
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm following other peoples examples

The true essence of Dark Souls - Page 6 131229934425
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:I don' t get how this destroys my experience, and where is this proof that people quit because they got invaded. I would think someone looking for a challenging game would just work through it.

Why don't you read the thread? She isn't talking about invading people, she is talking about invading new players,who don't know any better, and tricking them into killing essential NPCs, like the blacksmiths. If you were a new player, and was forced into killing a blacksmith, would you be ok with it? You can't look at it with the experience you have now. You have to look at it through the eyes of a rookie who probably hasn't even seen this wiki.

Go back and read my posts, I understand the thread and my previous post said if you are a fool enough to be tricked into killing an NPC you deserve it. You fell for a trick, a simple one at that. And to clarify my position on the OPs post. Griefing is not the true essence of DKS but it is a part of it.

Last edited by Odinbear on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Not popular wherever you go, are you Lunahound?
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 pm

the simplicity of a trick does nothing to conceal its wicked intent. its the fault of the invader just as much as the invadee.

*edit* i'd be amazed if lunar was
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Soon the thread will fade, and only offtopic will remain.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Not popular wherever you go, are you Lunahound?
    Lol. Although I like the name, I'm still not Lunahound. Although from what I can tell about your opinion of her, I may as well be.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Ashran wrote:Soon the thread will fade, and only offtopic will remain.
    It was fun while it lasted. I'll let it fade though. When I stop seeing things worth replying to of course.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am

So its about being remembered then?

Seems there is a bit too much hate going both ways here.

Some people seem to inherently want to damage their environment, even though it affects them as well, its a shame, but it exists, and it seems to be the case here. Of course I don't necessarily mean this in a literal or direct sense, but every player that gets tured off by this sort of thing is one less person available for everyone on that system, including you, to play with in general. Not that this is certain to happen, it is simply a possibility.

Personally I try to improve what I find around me, including the attitudes and lives of the people I encounter. But that is my opinion, which I am free to express and you are free to disagree with, consider, or ignore.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:09 am

Look people what's done is done. Move on let this fade. LunarFog can do what LunarFog does, we can't force change. For this to fade will someone Lock this?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 am

I guess its still considered griefing by the majority. But doing that stuff to players who don't know any better hardly seems like real griefing to me. It's like beating up a baby, can you really brag about it?
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 am

No, you can't. Not at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am