Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[need help] How should I skill my warrior?

o0 KiDDiN Me 0o

[need help] How should I skill my warrior? Empty [need help] How should I skill my warrior?

Post by o0 KiDDiN Me 0o Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm

hey guys, I'm playing DKS now for some days and Im not sure that I skilled my warrior the right way.. I skilled vit; 21 condition;21 and strenght; 24 I would be really happy for a good guide for a beginner:)

PS; I killed the capra demon and I still play with my beginning armor, is this bad ?

And I use the drake sword:)

#Sorry for my bad english ! Im from germany:)

greets Beckon
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

[need help] How should I skill my warrior? Empty Re: [need help] How should I skill my warrior?

Post by Acarnatia Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

What is 'condition'? Is that the German name for Resistance, the skill that increases your resistances to poison and bleed and such?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

[need help] How should I skill my warrior? Empty Re: [need help] How should I skill my warrior?

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm

^I'm assuming he's referring to endurance. A synonym of endurance could be conditioning.

@OP: It all depends on how you want to play. The Drake Sword is a pretty bad weapon once you start to get into higher levels and later places in the game because it won't become stronger as you do. In other words it will not scale in damage as your strength and dexterity do. If you're increasing your strength and not your dexterity than you should be trying to find a weapon that scales well with your strength stat. Meaning when you look at a weapon's statistics menu you'll want to look for the strength symbol and find if there's a letter underneath. That letter represents scaling in increments from E to S, S being the best. With 24 strength you might want to try one of the axes or clubs, and if you like any of those weapons than keep increasing your strength alone. If you don't like those weapons than you might want to consider increasing your dexterity a bit and choosing a weapon that scales with both. If you've killed the Capra and you're still using the Hard Leather armor set, you might want to consider finding something a little bit better. If you're favoring melee combat mostly, you should consider an armor that's a little heavier, such as the Elite Knight armor set, the Balder Armor set, or something like it. Once you reach Sen's Fortress you'll gain access to some even heavier sets to favor even more of a melee type character. It all depends on how you want to play. If you prefer speed over being able to take a hit than there are armors that favor that as well.

If I knew how you liked to play I could give you much more specific advice. Do you prefer a slower, heavier character, that can take a lot of damage, and equip larger weapons? Or do you prefer a faster, lighter character, who can dodge attacks as opposed to taking the damage, and deal smaller amounts of damage but do it faster? There's also spell casting to consider. If you're increasing your intelligence for sorcery casting, faith for miracle casting, or neither for pyromancy casting. You have a lot of options.
    o0 KiDDiN Me 0o

Post by o0 KiDDiN Me 0o Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:06 am

yeah uhm sorry I mean enducation ^^

I like it to play defensive and heavy dmg)

and I like to play with weapons like spears
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 pm

So if you like spears and heavy defense you're probably going to want to use a great shield, which means you'll want high strength. 50 is the highest you should go, but also isn't totally necessary. It would allow you to use Havel's Great Shield, which is arguably the best shield in the game, but is very heavy to equip. The Stone Great Shield, and Great Shield of Artorias are also good choices. Havel's can be found in a secret room in the Cathedral in Anor Londo, the Stone Great Shield is a rare drop from the stone guardians in Darkroot Forest, and the Great Shield of Artorias can be made from the Soul of the Great Grey Wolf Sif. As far as spears go, most of the them scale either D,C or C,C with strength and dexterity, meaning you'll want to start increasing your dexterity also in order to be as effective as you can be with them. Some of the better spears are the Pike, which is one of the heavier spears, as sold by Andre of Astora, the Blacksmith near the Undead Parish, The Partizan, which is found in the Darkroot Forest, the Silver Knight Spear, which is dropped by the spear wielding Silver Knights of Anor Londo, the Dragon Slayer Spear, which is made from the Soul of Ornstein, which is attained by killing Smough first when you fight Ornstein and Smough, and the Moonlight Butterfly Horn, which is made from the soul of the Moonlight Butterfly. The last two. the Dragon Slayer Spear, and the Moonlight Butterfly Horn, would both require you to start upgrading another stat in order to be used the most effectively. The DSS requires faith, and the MLBH requires intelligence, however I kind of recommend you do one or the other as a spear user anyway. Either one will help provide you with spells that will bolster the amounts of damage you can do, and either one can help you to use buffs, and make your spears even more powerful

As far as armor, if you like heavier stuff, consider picking up the Elite Knight set in the Darkroot Forest, for now. It's just a medium set, but it will be a nice placeholder until you get to Sen's Fortress, where you'll gain access to heavier things, and then Anor Londo where you'll gain access to even heavier things than that. The Steel set in Sen's, the Black Iron set, and Havel's set, both in Anor Londo, are all good choices.

You also should continue to level your Vitality and Endurance, as both are helpful stats on a more basic level. Your Vitality will literally help keep you alive, as it increases your life, and your Endurance will help keep you mobile and allow you to equip heavier gear and stay fast. Vitality basically caps at 50, and Endurance caps at 40. So I recommend that, if you want to continue leveling, that's where you go with them.

With your Strength stat as high as it is already I also recommend that you upgrade your spears using the standard upgrade path. Meaning that you should not make them lightning, fire, or chaos, as that will negate the high strength stat you have, and the dexterity stat I recommend you start leveling. If you go with the standard upgrade path, I also recommend you attain a buff. Which means you'll have to level either your faith or your intelligence, but don't level both. If you go with intelligence, then you'll want to start buying spells from Griggs and Logan, which will eventually lead to you being able to purchase Magic Weapon, Great Magic Weapon, and Crystal Magic Weapon, for your spears. If you go with faith, you'll want to start buying spells from Petrus and Rhea, and eventually either kill Gwyndolin, or become a Darkmoon Blade, which will allow you to either attain Sunlight Blade, or Darkmoon Blade.
    o0 KiDDiN Me 0o

Post by o0 KiDDiN Me 0o Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Wow, thank you that rly helped me :o

SO I should skill my vit until 50 end 40 str 50 (?) and fait ?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Yeah, no problem

If you want to keep leveling, then yes, Vitality and Endurance are both good stats to level, and there aren't usually circumstances where it's helpful to level past 50 and 40 for those stats, because you'll hit a soft cap. Meaning past 50 for Vitality the amounts of max health you'll be getting are so low that those points will most likely be better spent in other places. For Endurance once you hit 40 you'll stop increasing your stamina, and will only be increasing your equip burden. So in other words, there isn't much of a point in leveling those stats past those numbers, however that doesn't mean you need to level to those numbers exactly. It just means that it wouldn't be a bad thing to do if you decided you wanted to.

Strength and Dexterity follow sort of a similar rule. Even if you're using a weapon with S ranked scaling, you'll stop seeing increased damage as a result of leveling their corresponding stats once you hit a certain point. There are a couple of weapons that require relatively high Strength in order to wield, like Havel's Great Shield and some of the larger Great Clubs and Hammers, Ultra Great Swords, and Great Axes. So unless you know you want to use one of those weapons, it's not completely necessary to level your strength all the way to 50. Because you're just using spears, which don't scale well enough to really see results all the way to 50, the only thing you'd really benefit from by going that high is Havel's Great Shield, but it's a big investment just for the shield. You'd have to decide whether or not it's worth it to you to do that, instead of placing points in other places. It's really up to you. The way that you've leveled your character so far leaves you open to a lot of different possibilities.

If you're using spears, they generally scale better with dexterity than strength also. Which means if you want to do the most damage you possibly can with a spear, you're going to benefit from leveling your dexterity also.
    o0 KiDDiN Me 0o

Post by o0 KiDDiN Me 0o Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Ok, I think its not worth 50 strenght only for one shield ^^

And how high should I skill my faith for the Buffs ? What would you recommend?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Both Sunlight Blade and Darkmoon Blade require at least 30 faith to use, but once you hit 30, the higher you go the more powerful they'll get. If you intend to focus mostly on melee, with your miracles as just a means of supporting your melee tactics, then I'd say go somewhere between 30 and 40.

There are a lot of good great shields that don't require 50 strength. Once you get to Sen's Fortress you'll be given the option to buy one called the Tower Shield. It's one of the more basic great shields, in terms of both weight and defenses, and doesn't require as much of an investment to use. Maybe try that one and see if you like it, and if you do then you can start thinking about making more of a stat investment and acquiring one of the better ones.
    o0 KiDDiN Me 0o

Post by o0 KiDDiN Me 0o Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 am

Ok. Thanks man you rly helped me alot:)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Yeah, no problem man. Just remember, that if you decide to go with the Dragon Slayer Spear, or the Moonlight Butterfly Horn, they cannot be buffed, because technically they sort of are already. That doesn't mean that it would be a bad idea to increase your faith stat though, because there are a lot of other powerful spells associated with it too.
    o0 KiDDiN Me 0o

Post by o0 KiDDiN Me 0o Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Ok I will, thanks:)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm