Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
SlakeMoth
Onion Knight
befowler
Hydreigon11
User1
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Bioraptor
ChizFreak
densetsushun
RANT
MiketheMushroomMan
15 posters

Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by.......

MiketheMushroomMan
    Casual
    Casual

Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by....... Empty Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by.......

Post by MiketheMushroomMan Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:20 pm

wait for it.....Minecraft.

Discovered this is a lovely diversion to the intense, gruelling experience of Lordran.

Dont get me wrong. Minecraft will never replace Dark Souls in my affections, but it makes for quite a pleasing alternative when taking a break. Its (relatively) peaceful (at least during the day of the day/night cycle), gently addictive, and in a Yin Yang kind of way helps to break the hold Dark Souls has on me once in a while.

Does anyone else have a game they play that helps to counterbalance the intensity of Dark Souls? What game do you load up as an alternative?

(Please dont say Demons Souls winking)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by....... Empty Re: Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by.......

Post by RANT Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:31 pm

i will finally have one on the 23rd, ni no kuni. want wait for it.
    MiketheMushroomMan
    Casual
    Casual

Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by....... Empty re

Post by MiketheMushroomMan Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:36 pm

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Early-Ni-Kuni-Review-Scores-Perfect-10-51083.html

Wow it looks amazing, thanks for the tip - looks like a spiritual successor to Dark Chronicle - my second favourite RPG ever!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by....... Empty Re: Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by.......

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:44 pm

As soon as I finish NG on my faith build I think I'll finally play Assassin's Creed 3. I feel ashamed as I consider myself a hardcore AC fan. Prostration
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm

MiketheMushroomMan wrote:http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Early-Ni-Kuni-Review-Scores-Perfect-10-51083.html

Wow it looks amazing, thanks for the tip - looks like a spiritual successor to Dark Chronicle - my second favourite RPG ever!

most of their games are pretty much the same tbh(level 5) but theyre still good, ni no kuni looks like a really good white knight chronicles.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:52 pm

densetsushun wrote:As soon as I finish NG on my faith build I think I'll finally play Assassin's Creed 3. I feel ashamed as I consider myself a hardcore AC fan. Im taking a break from Dark Souls and im pleasantly diverted by....... 1330857165
    There is nothing wrong with that friend.I have yet to finish Brotherhood and over the festive seasion I bought Revalations when it was on sale in the games on demand section.....I have played a few hours of it and find it very much like Brotherhood tbh.......But i enjoy it.....
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Bioraptor wrote:There is nothing wrong with that friend.I have yet to finish Brotherhood and over the festive seasion I bought Revalations when it was on sale in the games on demand section.....I have played a few hours of it and find it very much like Brotherhood tbh.......But i enjoy it.....
    In terms of playstyle it has roughly the same engine with a few tweaks here and there, but the story is more than worth playing both games. I think my biggest reason for putting off 3 is that I'm a hardcore Ezio fan and for the longest time, I wasn't really feeling Connor.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:There is nothing wrong with that friend.I have yet to finish Brotherhood and over the festive seasion I bought Revalations when it was on sale in the games on demand section.....I have played a few hours of it and find it very much like Brotherhood tbh.......But i enjoy it.....
    In terms of playstyle it has roughly the same engine with a few tweaks here and there, but the story is more than worth playing both games. I think my biggest reason for putting off 3 is that I'm a hardcore Ezio fan and for the longest time, I wasn't really feeling Connor.
    Yeah I have been told that Revalation as a really good ending.I have 1 sequence left in Brotherhood and like I say I have not played much of Rev.I also bought the Revalation DLC as that was half price as well.So I have more then enough to keep me going happy
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 pm

i use minecraft as a diversion as well, mostly i play on the superflat worlds though cause my laptop runs them better than regular ones, allows for some fun building (roller coasters, temples with traps, etc.)
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:52 pm

I like pleasantly enjoying praising the sun happy I joke, what I actually pleasantly enjoying Cave Story (finding new things to contribute to the ending) and Far Cry 3.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm currently building Sen's Fortress on Minecraft with my friend in my DkS downtime (its on Xbox so it will be nothing special). But when DmC comes out, that'll probably be my downtime game. It's also beneficial for me to go on youtube when my gameplay starts to tank.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:39 pm

That Medieval Warfare clip was like living Monty Python and the holy Grail, right down to the dismemberments and holy hand grenades.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Been on Dragons Dogma, but in reality I'm waiting for the Final Fantasy XIV beta.

Dark Souls doesn't hold my interest at all anymore really.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 pm

^ Really the only thing keeping me attached to Dark Souls is the PvP, without that mechanic I would have been gone once my first two characters are done. The game isn't varied nor long enough to warrant 7 playthroughs even with the difficulty increase. And I'm not one for balls to the wall challenges so the only thing that keeps me here is the PvP.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:^ Really the only thing keeping me attached to Dark Souls is the PvP, without that mechanic I would have been gone once my first two characters are done. The game isn't varied nor long enough to warrant 7 playthroughs even with the difficulty increase. And I'm not one for balls to the wall challenges so the only thing that keeps me here is the PvP.
    That's the beauty of the Souls series, it allows for you to do things your way by making the increasing difficulty fair.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:47 pm

I've been playing the 'Dragonborn' dlc for Skyrim and I'm really enjoying it, although I've more or less finished it and I picked up 'Uncharted-Drake's Deception' really cheap in Morrison's (£5) which was a bargain. It's a bit hectic at times but I like the Uncharted series and, let's face it, Nate is quite nice to play with.

I'm really doing this before I bite the bullet and try PvP in Dark Souls, although I think I'll try co-oping as a Sunbro' first.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:^ Really the only thing keeping me attached to Dark Souls is the PvP, without that mechanic I would have been gone once my first two characters are done. The game isn't varied nor long enough to warrant 7 playthroughs even with the difficulty increase. And I'm not one for balls to the wall challenges so the only thing that keeps me here is the PvP.

For me it doesn't have the lasting appeal Demon's Souls did.

I may just be burnt out by the amount of hours I put into both games, hell I'm not even excited for Dark Souls 2. Probably won't even buy it.

Or maybe it's something else. Maybe I'll know after a year or so.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:17 am

NieR.

Great game.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:05 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I've been playing the 'Dragonborn' dlc for Skyrim and I'm really enjoying it, although I've more or less finished it and I picked up 'Uncharted-Drake's Deception' really cheap in Morrison's (£5) which was a bargain. It's a bit hectic at times but I like the Uncharted series and, let's face it, Nate is quite nice to play with.

I'm really doing this before I bite the bullet and try PvP in Dark Souls, although I think I'll try co-oping as a Sunbro' first.

Well, that didn't last long. Guess what I'm back playing tonight.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:07 pm

For me it's been Red Dead Redemption.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 pm

RE6 has had my attention for the past 2 weeks. I had to force myself to play it, I even had to put my copy of dark souls out of sight so it would be out of mind. The other night I was over a friends house and she was watching dark souls you tube videos, I heard the invasion sound and swore I would play when I got home but I stayed strong and continued RE6.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:46 am

I've got into Far Cry 3, Atelier Rorona, and Dragon Age. However I think I'm gonna start trying to get back into Dark Souls, I haven't played PVP in a while and need to get back into it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 am