Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Need help with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite...

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Need help with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite... Empty Need help with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite...

Post by ChizFreak Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeah, as you guys know, I created a thread to decide which MH should I buy. I bought Freedom Unite for the Vita, it's cool because I can assign the camera to the right analog stick, so I can control the camera a bit better.

Anyway I simply "don't get" this game. Now, I started the game, created character, talked to all the NPCs in the village, and then proceed to do the training quest about Raw Meat. To be honest I didn't learn much as most things that I was told there were darn obvious. I don't know what should I do.

I mean, I went to the gathering hall and talked to the woman about the quests, she said that if I trusted enough in my skills I should take quests level 3, so I took one, and well, you know that giant bird-like poisonous monster killed me. Also I tried the bow, but it's so "dull" so play with it, it just doesn't feel right to play with the bow and it's too boring to do so. The melee weapons are a bit better but I still feel that bows should feel more natural and fun to use.

What should I do? I want to enjoy this game, because it cost me 20 dollars, I don't it to be a waste but so far, it seems that's what this is.... for me at least... I think that some directions would help me inmerse in the game.

Finally the main problem I have is that I simply have no idea where to go in quests. Like in the bird quest, I had no idea where that thing was, and the quest descriptions was generally dull. I can't remember exactly if it told me the location, but anyway, when I accept a quest and go out, I instantly appear in another place, I have no idea where I am, and neither I know where should I go to find my target.

Any help? Also now I'm at my home, so if anyone can tell me how to get the online properly working maybe someone could help me "personally" to start big grin
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Need help with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite... Empty Re: Need help with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite...

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Y'know that one small lady near the giant rock? The village chief?
    She give quests that are easier than the guild ones. The guild quests are meant to be fought with multiple people.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Need help with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite... Empty Re: Need help with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite...

Post by Emergence Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Yes, start with the old lady by the fire. Try some gathering quests to get a feel for the environment and do your training. Talk to everyone you meet. This game is deep. I suggest checking out the Gamefaqs page for it, there are tons of guides there that I found useful. It's quite daunting for a rookie. When you embark on a quest, from your basecamp, make sure you go to the big chest there and take all the stuff you need, map, potions, ammo, whetsones, etc. The map is vital for getting around.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Emergence wrote:The map is vital for getting around.
    Very true, try to learn the areas for all environments. Try to get to the point when you don't even need the map to know the layout. Also, practice dodging as much as you can, even with lances and gunlances.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm

go with the greatswords, longwords or hammers, hammers are so damn op once you get used to them, just hit them in the head and ko them, rinse and repeat. i love the greatsword(love my dkgs), once you start getting some good mats from mosters then try the other weapons ince the beginnign prejectile weapons kinda suck. ahh i remember when kut ku used to kick my ***.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 am