Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
lalliman
Bloodpact91
8 posters

Where should i go?

Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Where should i go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where should i go?

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 pm

ublug wrote:Most areas are dead ends until you finish the area after Sen's Fortress, at least on your first playthrough. I would go to Sen's Fortress first, you'll find a more powerful weapon there as well.

You sir , have now made me curious enough to go and check it out big grin

btw while i'm at it , what are the letters when you check weapon stats ( A,B,C,D...,S Ect.) ?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Stat scaling attributes.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:14 pm

And how do i make the difference between them? A is the best and S the worst or something?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:17 pm

"S" is the best and "E" is the worst unless you count "-" which means that the weapon does not scale at all. The drake sword does not scale at all so all that stats have "-" (minus quotation marks).
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 pm

hey its andres wrote:"S" is the best and "E" is the worst unless you count "-" which means that the weapon does not scale at all. The drake sword does not scale at all so all that stats have "-" (minus quotation marks).

Oh ok , thanks happy
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Bloodpact91 wrote:
    There's a golden rule for first timers in Sen's: IT'S A TRAP
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:
    There's a golden rule for first timers in Sen's: IT'S A TRAP

i am now slightly less curious , but still enough to go check it out xD i litterally have 1 soul , so nothing to lose really.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:55 pm

That's the spirit! Embrace death with no financial losses!
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:00 pm

hey its andres wrote:That's the spirit! Embrace death with no financial losses!

Ya , because last time i did that i had financial loses i lost 40k souls , and thats coming from a guy who is not used to have more than 8-10k at a time :|
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 pm

The same spirit that convinced me to improve my parrying against Silver Knights big grin (That, and James from Gamefront could do it, I wasn't about to be outdone lol).

Bloodpact91 wrote:

Ya , because last time i did that i had financial loses i lost 40k souls , and thats coming from a guy who is not used to have more than 8-10k at a time :|
    My general advice as a first time NG player is not to sit on souls too long unless you really have a grand plan for them. Expect deaths and try to minimise the casualties and you'll advance through the game while learning quite a bit about the enemies.

Last edited by densetsushun on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:03 pm

I lost a million souls once and it wasn't on a high level character either :x All I have to say is that whoever got my vagrant better be happy!! (also was carrying 32 humanity now that I think about it)
    Shrug
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 pm

hey its andres wrote:I lost a million souls once and it wasn't on a high level character either :x All I have to say is that whoever got my vagrant better be happy!! (also was carrying 32 humanity now that I think about it)
    Shrug

I.Would.Be.Pissed. lol!
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:19 pm

I actually had to laugh because the animation I fell in was hilarious. I was waving my arms, but standing. Anyways it was pvp character so I got it back pretty fast, it just sounds bad when I say it like that. silly
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm

hey its andres wrote:I actually had to laugh because the animation I fell in was hilarious. I was waving my arms, but standing. Anyways it was pvp character so I got it back pretty fast, it just sounds bad when I say it like that. silly

Oh ok happy still the most i've had at once is 40k and i lost those , so pvp or not 1 million souls is enourmous for me silly
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 pm

I would've been mad if I were trying to level up or buy things, but I was at the level I wanted and had the consumables I needed. Still it is a lot, maybe after all this time it still hasn't hit me and later in life I'll have a random burst of rage? :bom:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:57 pm

When I have that many souls but nothing I want to buy/no stats I want to level I usually just go and buy truckloads of titanites from the different blacksmiths. That stuff always comes in handy, be it for upgrading or for trading with others, and it can't be lost upon dying like souls.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 pm

hey its andres wrote:I would've been mad if I were trying to level up or buy things, but I was at the level I wanted and had the consumables I needed. Still it is a lot, maybe after all this time it still hasn't hit me and later in life I'll have a random burst of rage? :bom:
    My girlfriend once lost 59 humanities on her Sunbro(or sis, if you'd rather) at the Mushrooms at the Great Hollow. That was such a messed up moment, slipped off a mushroom near the lower part of the tree and got beaten to a pulp by the Mushroom Parents :S

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:When I have that many souls but nothing I want to buy/no stats I want to level I usually just go and buy truckloads of titanites from the different blacksmiths. That stuff always comes in handy, be it for upgrading or for trading with others, and it can't be lost upon dying like souls.
    I've read that for smaller amounts of souls(don't think it would apply to 1mil) you can just buy Dung Pies and feed them to Frampt when you need them. I think the cutoff is at 198 dungs.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Also , is Backstabbing a chance on hit? because i watched a video of dark souls and the guy was backstabbing everything. I'm SL: 33 and i probably did like 2-3 backstabs , and it's not because i never tried it. I just litterally cleared Undead Burg and Parish trying to train my backstabbing , and i got 0 backstab. I even noticed i forgot the knight guy guarding the place where you get the knight shield ( close to sen's forteress) i snuck behind him and got a clear backstab on him , but my character just hit him normally like if i was standing in front of him...

So yeah , i tried with Drake Sword , Falchion , Scimitar and spear , and nothing happened , i'm really getting annoyed by this..
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Bloodpact91 wrote:Also , is Backstabbing a chance on hit? because i watched a video of dark souls and the guy was backstabbing everything. I'm SL: 33 and i probably did like 2-3 backstabs , and it's not because i never tried it. I just litterally cleared Undead Burg and Parish trying to train my backstabbing , and i got 0 backstab. I even noticed i forgot the knight guy guarding the place where you get the knight shield ( close to sen's forteress) i snuck behind him and got a clear backstab on him , but my character just hit him normally like if i was standing in front of him...

So yeah , i tried with Drake Sword , Falchion , Scimitar and spear , and nothing happened , i'm really getting annoyed by this..
    Did you lower your shield when trying?
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:Also , is Backstabbing a chance on hit? because i watched a video of dark souls and the guy was backstabbing everything. I'm SL: 33 and i probably did like 2-3 backstabs , and it's not because i never tried it. I just litterally cleared Undead Burg and Parish trying to train my backstabbing , and i got 0 backstab. I even noticed i forgot the knight guy guarding the place where you get the knight shield ( close to sen's forteress) i snuck behind him and got a clear backstab on him , but my character just hit him normally like if i was standing in front of him...

Did you lower your shield when trying?

i was not , i just tried with 10 hollows backstabbed 4. It's progress but not quite enough

Nvm i seemed to a gotten the hang of it! happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am