Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
raecor14
DoughGuy
Tolvo
Elite Knight
Onion Knight
Sloth9230
KomradDakka
Saturday-Saint
dancash1808
bloodpixel
PlasticandRage
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
18 posters

Money-grubbing Sony

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Money-grubbing Sony - Page 6 Empty Re: Money-grubbing Sony

Post by Yarxov Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I buy some games at launch but not all, I also get a lot of copies of my games used.

For example: If the 360 had this patent I wouldn't have been able to play Dark Souls - got that used.

I think Sony would be making a grave mistake if they followed through with something like this. I just hope Microsoft isn't stupid enough to go along with it thinking it's a good idea. Money-grubbing Sony - Page 6 2707236321
    They already make you pay for online. That alone is a scam to me. In a world where multiplayer games reign king making them all P2P is ridiculously greedy. Might as well send a check to Universal everytime I re watch a movie on DVD,
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Rain and Kenshi are both characters that have already been established. They should either be there from the beginning or not at all. Under that logic, you could cut half the roster and sell it later just because they're "optional"

Characters shouldn't really be optional for fighting games with online. Costumes are fine since they're just aesthetic, but separate characters aren't. They have their own movesets, and so it's unfair towards the people who didn't buy the DLC but did buy the game for full price. People who pay full price deserve to get a complete game, not bits and pieces.

Chizfreak: I wasn't very good(lost to a 10 year old), let that same 10 year old borrow it like a month ago. I'm definitely down to take you on when I remember to get it back though.
    Armageddon had a roster of about 50 characters and while some of them (meat) where just funny little things over 40 of them where detailed characters and had a big part in the over all story. now back to MK9 if you, like me, loved kenshi, and where told that because he was not in the story he could never be played, you would be pretty pissed. but nether-realm did something pretty cool with their DLC characters they let US choose, it was a vote and kenshi and rain won it. the brilliant part about this DLC is it is not needed, you can leave it if you think its a waste. day 1 dlc is fine as long as it doesn't take away from the over all story E.G. mass effect 3. buy all this "id rather the game take longer" logic that means that we would not have gotten dark souls till early this year because the DLC we had gotten was just unfinished parts from the original (look in the art book you can see some of the DLC bosses). pluss there is a LOT more that was going to be there.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 am

Yarxov wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I buy some games at launch but not all, I also get a lot of copies of my games used.

For example: If the 360 had this patent I wouldn't have been able to play Dark Souls - got that used.

I think Sony would be making a grave mistake if they followed through with something like this. I just hope Microsoft isn't stupid enough to go along with it thinking it's a good idea. Money-grubbing Sony - Page 6 2707236321
    They already make you pay for online. That alone is a scam to me. In a world where multiplayer games reign king making them all P2P is ridiculously greedy. Might as well send a check to Universal everytime I re watch a movie on DVD,

You are paying them to maintain the servers and other such necessities.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Sony does it just fine without that. And $60 a person per year sub. is more than enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm