A humbling experience

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

A humbling experience

Post by Ghadis_God on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:11 am

Let me share with you an experience that made me feel like a pathetic noob once again. On my Sl286, which has 50 in every scaling stat and handles all of my Forest hunting duties, I finally decided to kill Manus and get my hands on Pursuers (this is NG+, mind you). I clear the Township while cosplaying Ornstein without much trouble, and decide to troll some invaders in the Chasm while using the Fog ring, as it makes you invisible in the darkness and you can screw around with them quite easily in some places. I must have stuck around a bit too long though, because some truly evil being decided to Gravelord me while I was heading toward Manus. Guess what horrible Black Phantoms showed up? BP Chain Prisoners. Yeah, that miniboss rushing at you out of the darkness (2 at once) made me nearly crap my pants. Even worse, the Washing Pole I had brought to buff against Manus simply bounced off, doing around 50 damage. They chased me all the way to the Bonfire and back to the elevator- I can't even remember the last time I had to run from an enemy. Long story short, I managed to find a miraculous summon, and with the help of 7 or 8 Soul Spears we managed to take down the phantom (and then beat Manus afterwards). That thing must have had 4800 Hp at the least.

tldr; Props to DkS for making me feel like a powerless noob after hundreds of hours of playtime!

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: A humbling experience

Post by EeAyEss on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 am

Those things are frightening... look up onlyafro's Paladin Leeroy on youtube.

RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:04 am

The only gravelord BP I ever encountered was the hollows at undead burg. It was quite a letdown. Although I think it would be awesome to fight two BP chain prisoners at once. One of ten was hard enough. My preferred weapons ALL bounced off I him and since I was doing a dex only run, honestly all of my weapons bounced off. I actually had to resort I black firebombs just so he couldn't punish me.

It was fun.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:05 am

Awesome. There are Chain Priz BPs, I gotta get Gravelorded more often. 👽

RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:07 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Awesome. There are Chain Priz BPs, I gotta get Gravelorded more often. 👽

I've been GL multiple times but it's only been at the Burg and ONCE at Undead Parish. I'm tellin you that BP Berwnike Knight was a ***** I defeat and also it made me crap my pants when I first walked off the elevator.
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm telling you, having a 430 AR weapon bounce off a BP prisoner with 5K HP and only do 50 damage is a scary feeling. There's one right before the Dark Mage and humanity, and one to the left as you pass the place where Dark bead is. I thought the BP Stone Knights were bad, but these guys are unreal.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Red Phantom Chained Prisoners?

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Were you 2h your Washing Pole? I'm sure you're aware that that usually will cause you to not rebound against enemies that rebound 1h attacks. I guess what I'm asking is if it was rebounding your 2h attacks?

The BP quadruped skeletons in the Tomb are really brutal too. Thankfully I've only experienced them a couple of times. They have insane aggro range too. I had one run at me from at the top of the ladder near the first bonfire once. As soon as I got to the top it was all over me.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I guess it would have been scarier if the chained prisoner wasn't a phantom.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:04 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Those things are frightening... look up onlyafro's Paladin Leeroy on youtube.

Ouch , 2.5 million souls lost... and i was mad yesterday when i lost 40k... ( I'm on my run of Dark Souls)

And what are those things?

Prayer XBL : Bloodpact91 Prayer
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Those things are frightening... look up onlyafro's Paladin Leeroy on youtube.

That's a crazy spot for them too. Your only option seems to be to roll into the pit with the humanity ghosts. Which really isn't much of an option at all.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Let me share with you an experience that made me feel like a pathetic noob once again. On my Sl286, which has 50 in every scaling stat and handles all of my Forest hunting duties, I finally decided to kill Manus and get my hands on Pursuers (this is NG+, mind you). I clear the Township while cosplaying Ornstein without much trouble, and decide to troll some invaders in the Chasm while using the Fog ring, as it makes you invisible in the darkness and you can screw around with them quite easily in some places. I must have stuck around a bit too long though, because some truly evil being decided to Gravelord me while I was heading toward Manus. Guess what horrible Black Phantoms showed up? BP Chain Prisoners. Yeah, that miniboss rushing at you out of the darkness (2 at once) made me nearly crap my pants. Even worse, the Washing Pole I had brought to buff against Manus simply bounced off, doing around 50 damage. They chased me all the way to the Bonfire and back to the elevator- I can't even remember the last time I had to run from an enemy. Long story short, I managed to find a miraculous summon, and with the help of 7 or 8 Soul Spears we managed to take down the phantom (and then beat Manus afterwards). That thing must have had 4800 Hp at the least.

tldr; Props to DkS for making me feel like a powerless noob after hundreds of hours of playtime!
    This exact thing happened to me as well, but I didn't retreat all the way to the elevator and fought them at the place, where you can find the Dark Bead spell. Thank Umbasa that I killed all those townfolk there beforehand.

I had Chaos Blade and did some pathetic damage, around 60, so I switched to Pyromancies and even after casting everything I had, they were both alive.

I switched to bow and tried to keep away as they damaged me for more than 90% of my HP in one attack (NG+2) and managed to kill the one I weakened with Pyromancies before.

Left 1v1 I tried to melee the other one, but f*cked up, got backed against a wall with no stamina left to block and he skewered me.

YOU DIED

Then, I summoned two phantoms, just to get us trapped on the small path, with each of them on one side and ton of Humanity enemies on sides and coming for us.

YOU DIED

Third time, with another two phantoms, we lured them away. One phantom was an Int caster and he managed to kill one of them, but it took him 7-8 Soul Spears and some other spells, while the other was a Str guy.
    We lost Str guy quickly and the other phantom got splattered by the second enemy. I was left alone and started to run away like a chicken, when the last BP suddenly died and disappeared.

Disasters are gone after defeat of Gravelord Servant
    cheers

DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 am

^ Awesome

twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content