Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

New player need help

uhmeal

New player need help Empty New player need help

Post by uhmeal Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 am

not sure if this goes here but w/e.

I recently bought dark souls and currently, im at the point where i placed the lord vessel, and i think i screwd up my build. I thought i could macho it out and be a badass with artorias' greatsword (cursed) so i built for it and i am fully regretting that decision.
    currently my stats are:
    27 str
    18 dex
    20 end
    something vit (not over 20 im sure)
    18 int
    20 faith
    somthing attunement (i have enough for 2 spells)

I want to look into dex items like the washing pole or some sort of 1 handed fast-ish weapon that can do good damage.

im sl 62, am i screwed here?
    should i start to put points into dex or something? or is my build ruined completely.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

New player need help Empty Re: New player need help

Post by xSomax Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am

don't worry, you're fine. this game is based on your skill as a player more than your stats. but if you plan on using dex weapons, without making them elemental, stop putting points in anything but vit, endurance, and dexterity. even then, the first 2 are optional. try not to spread points so evenly, as that actually hurts your char more than helping it, making it a jack of all trades, but master of none. you could have more options, but your potential damage would be heavily reduced. one of the most commonly used build strategy's is to decide on a weapon type, or magic type, to focus in, and do that as well as vit/end(vits not as big a priority as end, and you'd need attunement if you go magic), and then consider a secondary modicum of attack. usually its weapon+magic, but i'm sure others have done mixtures of both
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 am

No, you're not screwed. I suggest you put more into strength, vitality, and endurance. I also suggest you cap your level at 100. This seems the best range for maxing out your character quality without going too high for lots of online action.

xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:50 am

just, he said dex weapons
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 am

xSomax wrote:just, he said dex weapons

Oh ok. Never mind then.
    uhmeal

Post by uhmeal Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:23 am

xSomax wrote:don't worry, you're fine. this game is based on your skill as a player more than your stats. but if you plan on using dex weapons, without making them elemental, stop putting points in anything but vit, endurance, and dexterity. even then, the first 2 are optional. try not to spread points so evenly, as that actually hurts your char more than helping it, making it a jack of all trades, but master of none. you could have more options, but your potential damage would be heavily reduced. one of the most commonly used build strategy's is to decide on a weapon type, or magic type, to focus in, and do that as well as vit/end(vits not as big a priority as end, and you'd need attunement if you go magic), and then consider a secondary modicum of attack. usually its weapon+magic, but i'm sure others have done mixtures of both

ok so would maxing dex be viable now? then getting say a fire washing pole or uchi (i couldnt hope to ever maintain 10 humanity so chaos is out of the question) and do good damage?

xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 am

if you plan on going fire, don't bother with getting higher dex. elemental weapons take off stat scaling. if you plan on going for 40 dex(the point where diminishing returns hits, and the benefits are little to none) go for a +15 instead. if you don't then just the washing pole/uchi is totally fine without. it depends on how you want to do that. as for which is better, thats debate-able at best. while elemental does potentially more, it has to deal with 2 kinds of resistance, the element AND physical, where-as physical only gets one resistance. they're about the same honestly

to put it simply

no dex if fire
    High dex if +15

after that, its totally up to you
    uhmeal

Post by uhmeal Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 am

xSomax wrote:if you plan on going fire, don't bother with getting higher dex. elemental weapons take off stat scaling. if you plan on going for 40 dex(the point where diminishing returns hits, and the benefits are little to none) go for a +15 instead. if you don't then just the washing pole/uchi is totally fine without. it depends on how you want to do that. as for which is better, thats debate-able at best. while elemental does potentially more, it has to deal with 2 kinds of resistance, the element AND physical, where-as physical only gets one resistance. they're about the same honestly

to put it simply

no dex if fire
    High dex if +15

after that, its totally up to you

ok then, tyvm
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 am

no problem, and please, feel free to come back. i'm always willing to help anyone to the best of my abilities

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm