Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese?

ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Re: Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese?

Post by ChizFreak on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 am

Most japanese guys have clearly giveaway names, like mahurotakamashi0009 (<I just made that up), and for some reason most have numbers.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Re: Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese?

Post by Carphil on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 am

I like when you send to them:

happy

and they reply:

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

I don't know, its just so amazing (^o^)

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:
    is there really that big a difference between UK english and USA english?
    In real world? Probably not.
    In games? Big difference.

Examples of hate mail:

English (United Kingdom) - You bloody motherf*cking piece of :dung: ! Stop invading me! I'm not interested in PvP, so stop bothering me with your bollocks and leave me alone!

English (United States) - u madafakin piec of :dung: gtfo from my gam u sl*t cowrd u cant even fight like a man butt like a pusy u b*tch!!!11!!!!1

I apologize for the vulgarisms. My point was, that most players, having English (United States) in their profile write messages, that have little to do with English and I sometimes have to go google what the hell are they trying to say to me.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:17 am

Sentiel wrote:
    CappuccinoJak wrote:

Examples of hate mail:

English (United Kingdom) - You bloody motherf*cking piece of :dung: ! Stop invading me! I'm not interested in PvP, so stop bothering me with your bollocks and leave me alone!

English (United States) - u madafakin piec of :dung: gtfo from my gam u sl*t cowrd u cant even fight like a man butt like a pusy u b*tch!!!11!!!!1

I apologize for the vulgarisms. My point was, that most players, having English (United States) in their profile write messages, that have little to do with English and I sometimes have to go google what the hell are they trying to say to me.

Love it. I agree though as a Brit I'm more inclined to prose for some reason.. Maybe because our English actually English, not that there's anything wrong with the overuse of z's.... :affraid:

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 am

I implore the British members of this community to remember that text speak is not limited to the US(read: you have chavs silly)

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:29 pm

i get that a lot....and i'm a dragonbro! so they allowed me to invade them lol
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 am

I don't think they assume everyone is Japanese that would be silly.

I rarely get messages at all, but I do receive the occasional foreign language message. It is a shame because I REALLY want to know what the messages say sad

What I want to know is why I have like 10 guys/gals on my psn from Japan that don't speak a lick of English lol. I added one guy that I summoned for Manus. Would you believe that I used chameleon and turned into a rock and he did the same? What makes it epic is the fact that the other phantom cleared the area to fog gate while the 2 of us slowly slid through the ENTIRE map as rock formations!!

You gotta do that type of stuff to make my friends list lol

The Pantheon
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 am

that is pretty friend-tastic!
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 pm

I got this message in Japanese and I really want t know what it says sad

Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 am

I guess I'm a weird case my PSN is the same as my user name, I get people thinking I'm Japanese, when I tell them I'm a red neck from the US they are generally surprised and then I lol.

PSN- Henkyona
    XBL GT- BX29 MAN COW
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 am

Sentiel wrote:
    CappuccinoJak wrote:

Examples of hate mail:

Well I'm a redneck and I don't tend to talk in that manner I suppose I'm a special case in that regard.

PSN- Henkyona
    XBL GT- BX29 MAN COW
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 am

I would like to believe I type proper english or can atleast when i feel like it.

now typical american? maybe.

stereotypical American? Ain't Nobody got time o' dat!

So... r u gnna b up 4 1v1 quikscpes on cod ttly real wrfre?

my favorite qoutes:

Tolvo wrote:I want one that moans loudly just so players can get really confused and creeped out.

"I
    just put a stone in that things mouth, with that face, and it sexually
    moaned. Alright I'm getting the hell out of here."
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Well first off, they're from Japan. So for instance, if you're from America, don't you prefer to assume that whoever you're messaging may be from around where you are?

Anyway, I would personally take it as a compliment. Japanese people tend to be the best players in this game, and when they message me thinking I'm Japanese, that basically puts me on their level.

tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm

YES! we all hail from 'merica! We are a free **** ya kno?

my favorite qoutes:

Tolvo wrote:I want one that moans loudly just so players can get really confused and creeped out.

"I
    just put a stone in that things mouth, with that face, and it sexually
    moaned. Alright I'm getting the hell out of here."
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:06 pm

I personally assume that all the people I play with are American males until proven otherwise. Because, I am. Since I have no information about the other player, that is my default position. I'm sure the same is true for most people.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 pm

reim0027 wrote:I personally assume that all the people I play with are American males until proven otherwise. Because, I am. Since I have no information about the other player, that is my default position. I'm sure the same is true for most people.

I assume everyone is either an American or European male, only because of the accents of many people I've played with. As much as I wish I didn't, I do assume > 99% of people I play with fall into those categories.

Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 am

I met a guy playing from Africa once. Was completely naked and using a plus 15 partizan...diversity is apparant in dark souls i do believe...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:51 am