Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Jansports
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Spurgun
7 posters

So I finally tested the dragon roar

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I finally tested the dragon roar Empty So I finally tested the dragon roar

Post by Spurgun Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 am

I've wanted to test it ever since i heard that it was nerfed, but for some reason i haven't bothered to do it. Maybe because i was getting tired of DkS back then, but i'm getting into it again now.

Anyway, the first thing me and Ghadis tested was the stability breakpoint for the roar at all ranks:

rank 0 40 end no fap : breaks at 60 stability, resists at 61.
    rank 0 40 end fap : 66 breaks and 68 resists, didn't have a 67 to test. But it should be able to resist it.

There's no difference between rank 0 and rank 3 in this.

Then we tested the range of the roar, and if this increases when you rank up. I've heard a lot of people say this, but i've never noticed any difference myself so i wanted to try it.
    And apparently there's a slight increase in range at rank 2. And then another small increase at rank 3.
    So at rank 3 you a have decent increase in the range of the roar.

We would have tested the dark sorceries (since i've heard some people say you can deflect them while others say you can't). But neither of us had a build with them yet silly
    I'll probably try that later.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

So I finally tested the dragon roar Empty Re: So I finally tested the dragon roar

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 am

Awesome work, man. My dragon build will appreciate this knowledge. happy
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

So I finally tested the dragon roar Empty Re: So I finally tested the dragon roar

Post by Jansports Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Spur, I have a dark magic flinger that should be able to meet up with your SL100 if you want to get that tested.

Also I'm closing in on finishing my 55 soon to be dragon. (btw screw red chunk drop rates before LI)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Sure, when will you be online?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Please, please for the love of Gwyn, add this stuff to the wiki as you come across it. silly
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:03 pm

The Dragon roar deflects sorceries. It works just like force. The Lingering Dragon Ring extends duration of the buff. And finally, it doesn't increase any kind of spell damage.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:10 pm

I can't be on for some number of hours, probably sometime around 4pm PST
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 pm

ChizFreak wrote:The Dragon roar deflects sorceries. It works just like force. The Lingering Dragon Ring extends duration of the buff. And finally, it doesn't increase any kind of spell damage.

I know all of that, it's not clear if it can deflect dark magic. I've heard some people say that it can't.
    I've never tried it myself, since i don't use the roar against magic, it's way too risky IMO.

Emergence wrote:Please, please for the love of Gwyn, add this stuff to the wiki as you come across it. silly

Ok, i'll add it do the dragon page.

Jansports wrote:I can't be on for some number of hours, probably sometime around 4pm PST

umm, i don't know when that would be silly
    Could you tell me how many hours it'll be before you come online?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:The Dragon roar deflects sorceries. It works just like force. The Lingering Dragon Ring extends duration of the buff. And finally, it doesn't increase any kind of spell damage.

I know all of that, it's not clear if it can deflect dark magic. I've heard some people say that it can't.
    I've never tried it myself, since i don't use the roar against magic, it's way too risky IMO.

Emergence wrote:Please, please for the love of Gwyn, add this stuff to the wiki as you come across it. silly

Ok, i'll add it do the dragon page.

Jansports wrote:I can't be on for some number of hours, probably sometime around 4pm PST

umm, i don't know when that would be silly
    Could you tell me how many hours it'll be before you come online?

Talking about the wiki, the Dragon Covenant page needs a serious revamp, and the Dragon Torso Stone page is almost empty, we have to move/copy the information to there and add all these testings. And add tips, like the thing about the Lingering Dragon Ring isn't anywhere in the wiki. I would do it myself, but I've been busy this days.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 pm

I can vouch for this information and also add that you can deflect, at least some Dark Sorceries, as I was able to deflect Dark Bead. It was used on me from quite some range though, so I deflected only two shots, but it is possible.

I have no idea about Dark Orb and Pursuers as the first is almost never used in PvP and the latter is too risky to try without a testing partner.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:49 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Talking about the wiki, the Dragon Covenant page needs a serious revamp, and the Dragon Torso Stone page is almost empty, we have to move/copy the information to there and add all these testings. And add tips, like the thing about the Lingering Dragon Ring isn't anywhere in the wiki. I would do it myself, but I've been busy this days.

Yeah, someone should re-wamp it. I don't really want to do it myself though since i have no experience in making wikis silly

@Sentiel.
    It's mostly pursuers that i want to test. I've heard that it works on DB but not on pursuers.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:58 pm

@Spurgun

I suppose Pursuers will just home back on you again, similar to when you use the Silver Pendant.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

Yeah, someone should re-wamp it. I don't really want to do it myself though since i have no experience in making wikis silly

@Sentiel.
    It's mostly pursuers that i want to test. I've heard that it works on DB but not on pursuers.

Yeah even if you could it would be quite useless, they would home on you again and kill you, and you can't spam it like the silver pendant because 1 roar already takes like 80% of your total stamina.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:42 pm

neat
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Wiki super easy to edit and nothing is permanent. Everything can be reverted. It's a sandbox so go nuts!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am