Awkward moments in Dark Souls.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Re: Awkward moments in Dark Souls.

Post by Tolvo on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:29 am

One time I got invaded in the Depths while I was by Domhall. I was on a low level toon with bad gear so I wanted a jump on the DW, and knew the spawn point. I ran in his direction and he came out to go up the shortcut. I ran at him for a backstab as he heard a weird noise, a slime falling on my head. He spun around to see me fighting off a slime and didn't attack me. He just stood there, then looked Skyward. I got it off then took my time killing it with him just watching. He looked Skyward again and then I shrugged at him.

My pride, it was hurt really bad.
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:44 am

Here is a odd one I was involved in a while back.

Low level in the Burg, get summoned by someone in starting gear, guy seems like kind of a noob at first and sort of confirms it when he pulls on the door to Havel without master key. No problem, we start up the stairs to boss and get an invader message.

Host suddenly runs like a madman back to the beginning, invader is just standing there. Then invader drops item and backs off.
    (I thought it was probably an indictment/dungpie or some nonsense like that) host does not take the bait and runs off back to the boss fog.

I hold my ground in case invader rushes.

Invader runs off in other direction.

I run catch up with host, who is now just standing around near place where 3 fire tossers were.

Then here comes the invader again, but does the same thing, run up drops item then backs off.

This standoff repeats a few times untill host suddenly goes offence and runs past the item and proceeds to bash invader with starting gear ax. Invader just stands there and takes the tiny damage.

At this point im not sure what im supposed to do. So I just stand there while the host beats this poor un-aggressive invader to death a few HP at a time.

Invader dies, host runs like madman back to boss fog and does not even pick up the item the invader dropped.

So I pick up the item... its a blue slab.

We proceed to beat the boss, after that I check both profiles and Host does not have english listed but invader does.

I IM the invader and ask him if he wants this slab back, he tells me to keep it.

@_@

Shrug

RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 am

I got into this long heated conversation with this guy because when I beat him and his summon he got all mad and just kept hate mailing me. So he asks for a rematch . First time I beat him no sweat. Second time he wog spams and I mange to bs him for most his health and then just whooped, third time he's really pissed an comes at me with guns ablazinhg. Relentless. Almost killed me. Still won. Fourth time I get summoned I promptly roll off a cliff. Ledges are my worst enemy.
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:19 am

Failing to parry Gwyn, it's just embarrassing. It only happens when I host too :evil:

EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 am

i was co-oping with a dude in anor londo... we fight ornstein and smough... super ornstein appears... and promptly impales my glass cannon and blows his load all over my insides. Then discards me like a used... uh... phantom.

RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:27 am

EeAyEss wrote:i was co-oping with a dude in anor londo... we fight ornstein and smough... super ornstein appears... and promptly impales my glass cannon and blows his load all over my insides. Then discards me like a used... uh... phantom.

That was hot.
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 am

It was very embarrasing. Dude shot me a mesage saying, "LOL he totally blew his payload nside of you hahaha" I responded, "yeah, he sure did. This place isn't called Anal Rodeo for nothing."

Post by befowler on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Some sort of NG+++++ host in Anor Londo, I help him clear the whole level, and then when we get Super Ornstein his first attack is one of his sweep spear charges, which goes right past me. I turn to stab him and he somehow teleports from the end of his sweep into the midway point of his buttslam -- in other words one moment he is flying by me on the ground, a moment later with no transition he is already falling from the sky. He lands right on me and OHKO's me. Get angry msg from the host later demanding to know why I just "stood there and let him kill me."

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Getting trapped as an invader on the opposite side of a fog door from the host. Then, when the host entered, I promised him a slab, and failed at BSing him off a cliff.

Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Just got invaded in the Royal Woods, and the invader came up on me while I was fighting a mob of ent gardeners and stone guardians. He politely stood by a good distance away to wait for me to get clear of them and I promptly got myself killed by a stone guardian. That's a little embarrassing. I sent him a message saying I didn't need his help killing me. I do it just fine on my own.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:03 pm

I was going against Gwyn with a host when we got invaded. I decided to stay on the bridge and wait for the invader while the host went onward. I managed to backstab the invader but that didn't drop him. So I decided to try and kick him down just as he was standing up. Too bad that I was cosplaying as Lautrec. With the dual shotels and all.

Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Hahaha, I did the same thing with rafters in Anor Londo and an Estoc silly

MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm

I’ve been on both side of this one:

Painted World, bone wheel skeletons...

Bone wheel comes zooming out of the dark, hits a guy/gall next to a wall and just keeps spinning on them. You rush in to knock it off before it’s to late… and mis-time your attack so you run into the back of the spinning wheel and get killed yourself… everyone dies together. Doh!
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:00 pm

I was co-oping in Anor Londo yesterday, I got summoned, bowed, ran up to the first silver knight, and promplty got 1-shotted after a failed parry. Had I known it was New Game + I would have been more careful.

Luckily they summoned me again, and then me and Super Ornstein 2KOed each other.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:29 pm

deadagain wrote:Being summoned for 4 kings and realizing I don't have the ring. More stupid than awkward.
    Same thing happened to me..
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    deadagain wrote:Being summoned for 4 kings and realizing I don't have the ring. More stupid than awkward.
    Same thing happened to me..
    There's nothing like seeing your phantom act like, "I can't wait to kick their butts!" and then see them fall through the Abyss.

Once some gut invaded me in the Depths near Domhall. The blobs were still alive because I don't carry fire weapons and they never hit me.

I bow to the invader, and he just stood there. I bow again, and he messaged, "Kill the blobs." I replied, "They don't hurt." While I'm trying to type with my controler, some blob hit me and took about half my health. The invader messaged, "Looks like they hurt to me. LOL"

I try to kill one, without a fire weapon, and I accidently moved to the spot where the one on the ceiling is located. It fell on top of me. The invader messaged me, "LOL I don't have to kill you. They're doing it for me."

I finaly cleared the area and healed. I mesaged, "They only hurt if you type." He lol'd. Then we bowed, and I redeemed meself by killing the invader.

WandererReece wrote:Once I invaded someone in the kiln. We bowed, and then he turned his back to me. I don't want to be a jerk, so I just stand there. He summons someone else. We bow. They don't move, so I'm standing there confused. Then he summons another. We bow, and I think, "Oh crap". Then they all leave me without attacking, and went toward the boss. I left.
    This was a real akward moment.

Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:37 pm

First time on the bridge with Hellkite I rush down to the bonfire and rest, deciding I'm gonna bamf it across the bridge(without baiting him to come down). Luckily I narrowly survive his fire blast, get back up, run in a panic towards the bonfire and get there thinking myself all high and mighty, I decide to shoot him with an arrow while he's turned around. I'm sure I don't have to mention what comes next.

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 am

I died like half a hundred times fighting Bed of Chaos in the third second because it focused on me the firestorm and i wasnt wearing a fireproof armor. It just killed me with no mercy. I felt very stupid.

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:09 am

I sent some messages with this guy who I had been fighting many times in a row and he was talking about my armor and stuff and then he asked if I was a girl (here is where I made a mistake, because I thought he meant if my character was female) so I answered yes.
    After that he got somehow...excited and invited me to have more duels in the Burg.
    While we tried to connect to each others worlds he starts sending something like "I don't see too many girls playing this game, you are one of the few" then i realised I made a horrible mistake...
    I sent him a message saying something like "ummm...I'm a guy though" soon I was answered with a message "DUDE WTF YOU SAID YOU WERE A GIRL!!!???" Then I responded "Well...this is awkward, I though you asked if my character was a girl" I never got a reply after that and needless to say, he didn't summon me either.

So just a really classic case of THERE_ARE_NO_GIRLS_IN_THE_INTERNET.

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 am

when you helping someone and you lag so bad that your toon frezes for over 10 min....

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 am

Oh i forgot to told this:

I was jolly cooperating with a dude, helping him fight the Bed of Chaos when SURPRISE my xbox pad battery died. My ninja brain activated and i was able to change them in less than 20 seconds. In those stupid 20 seconds BoC firestormed me, gave me a cool ***** and cutted me in 2 chosen undeads with the his fire scythes.

MFW:

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:22 pm

raecor14 wrote:when you helping someone and you lag so bad that your toon frezes for over 10 min....

That actually reminded me of when I played Resident Evil 5 with some random person. I joined his / her game. I was lagging a little, but it wasn't too bad. Then I got to the big elevator area and it got worse.

It got so bad a loading screen randomly appeared when it's not supposed to. I never had lag that was that bad.

On Topic: I was playing as a Painting Guardian. I worked out a nice system for killing the Giant Sentenels. I would roll forward when it swings its halbred. This would put me behind it, and I would hit it a couple times. Then I repeat until it dies.

I got summoned by some guy. We go to the first Giant Sentenels. I try to roll under the halbred and get hit. It was a OHKO.

bla
    Regular
    Regular

Post by bla on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Almost reaching the bottom of the great hollow, very low on life, I fall from the mushroom path. Though for sure I was dead but manage to survive with a tiny bit of life... and then a small mushroom guy trip-kills before I can even recover.
    I was killed by a bloody mushroom teenager.
    And no I didn't learn anything from the experience, I didn't become a better man for it. I... I was simply killed... by a mushroom.
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:56 pm

lawl
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:03 pm

I kicked an invader off of a ledge in darkroot garden, that area where you can drop down on the ray-frog thing. I thought the invader died, even though I didn't see the "invader xxxfaggotxcuntxxx has perished" messaage.

So i'm about to fight the moonlight butterfly when I get hornet ring backstabbed by a chaos rapier. 1hko. Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:31 am