Hello Dark Souls players!

    Share
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 pm

    Hello ,

    So , i just got Dark Souls for Christmas from my brother. This morning , i created a Pyromancer , i am now in a zone called undead burg ( spelling?). So , i was wondering if you guys had any tip for a new player on how to get better gear and other stuff.

    Would you suggest i buy the chain mail armor at the merchant or is it not worth it for me?

    Also what should i spend my souls on the most? I was thinking Vitality and Attunement but i'm not sure.

    Thank You for your help happy
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Slarg232 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 pm

    Hello, and welcome to the game big grin

    Chainmail armor, in the long run, is worthless, and so I wouldn't bother picking it up. It doesn't give very much defense for how much it costs to upgrade it. I would wait until you get into the Darkroot Garden and find the Elite Knight Set if you want a good armor set for right off the bat.

    Also, Only level up Att till 16 or so, depending on how many fireballs you want to be able to throw. Your most important stats are Vitality, Endurance, and whichever weapon path you decide to go, STR or Dex.

    As for weapons, most everything you have is going to suck until you get to the Parish and start upgrading it, so just find a weapon you like the moveset of.

    What system are you on?


    _________________


    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 pm

    If you're new to the game then vitality and endurance are going to be important because they'll directly help you to survive while you're learning. I'd also recommend upgrading both your strength and dexterity to at least 12-14 so you can start experimenting with different weapons. The chainmail is definitely going to defend you better than your starting gear, but it's also going to slow you down some because it's heavier. For a new player I'd say going for the extra defense is probably a better move. Make sure you buy all the boxes from the merchants you run into early. That means the Bottomless Box, and both Smithing Boxes. They're all infinitely useful items. The Undead Merchant, whose the one that sells the chainmail armor, sells a lot of useful equipment too. The Heater Shield is probably going to be better than whatever shield you're using now, and the Reinforced Club, Scimitar, Rapier, and Short Bow are all good buys for the beginning of the game. They'll introduce you to how different weapon types work before you start getting more powerful stuff.

    ^ Don't listen to that armor advice. Yes, the chainmail probably isn't worth upgrading at this point, but the added defense it's going to give you for it's cheap price is absolutely worth it. As a new player, anything that can help you to better stay alive while you're learning is a good choice. That includes higher health and higher defense.


    Last edited by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 pm

    Slarg232 wrote:Hello, and welcome to the game big grin

    Chainmail armor, in the long run, is worthless, and so I wouldn't bother picking it up. It doesn't give very much defense for how much it costs to upgrade it. I would wait until you get into the Darkroot Garden and find the Elite Knight Set if you want a good armor set for right off the bat.

    Also, Only level up Att till 16 or so, depending on how many fireballs you want to be able to throw. Your most important stats are Vitality, Endurance, and whichever weapon path you decide to go, STR or Dex.

    As for weapons, most everything you have is going to suck until you get to the Parish and start upgrading it, so just find a weapon you like the moveset of.

    What system are you on?

    Thank you for your advice , i am playing on Xbox 360.

    Also is the Elite knight set far from where i currently am? ( I am now at the first bonfire in undead burg)
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:If you're new to the game then vitality and endurance are going to be important because they'll directly help you to survive while you're learning. I'd also recommend upgrading both your strength and dexterity to at least 12-14 so you can start experimenting with different weapons. The chainmail is definitely going to defend you better than your starting gear, but it's also going to slow you down some because it's heavier. For a new player I'd say going for the extra defense is probably a better move. Make sure you buy all the boxes from the merchants you run into early. That means the Bottomless Box, and both Smithing Boxes. They're all infinitely useful items. The Undead Merchant, whose the one that sells the chainmail armor, sells a lot of useful equipment too. The Heater Shield is probably going to be better than whatever shield you're using now, and the Reinforced Club, Scimitar, Rapier, and Short Bow are all good buys for the beginning of the game. They'll introduce you to how different weapon types work before you start getting more powerful stuff.

    ^ Don't listen to that armor advice. Yes, the chainmail probably isn't worth upgrading at this point, but the added defense it's going to give you for it's cheap price is absolutely worth it. As a new player, anything that can help you to better stay alive while you're learning is a good choice. That includes higher health and higher defense.

    Ok thank you happy
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 pm

    He's right in saying that the Elite Knight set is better defensively, but the chainmail set will help you to survive until you get there. The Elite Knight set is in an area called Darkroot Garden. It's far enough from where you are that it's worth investing in something else between then and now. After you defeat the first boss, and you'll recognize it when you get there, you'll cross through an area that looks like a big church and eventually run into a blacksmith. The door nearby the blacksmith leads to the Darkroot Garden. You're still a fair bit away from it. Also, here's some advice I wish someone had given me when I was first playing. Immediately after you defeat the first boss, you'll come to an area where you can either go right and cross a very large bridge, or left and come to a small area with a knight standing on a small platform looking off into the distance. DO NOT attack that knight. He's friendly, and will help you a great deal throughout the game if you're friendly back. Also make sure you talk with that knight before you take on the second boss. He'll actually aid you in that battle.


    Last edited by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:He's right in saying that the Elite Knight set is better defensively, but the chainmail set will help you to survive until you get there. The Elite Knight set is in an area called Darkroot Garden. It's far enough from where you are that it's worth investing in something else between then and now. After you defeat the first boss, and you'll recognize it when you get there, you'll cross through an area that looks like a big church and eventually run into a blacksmith. The door nearby the blacksmith leads to the Darkroot Garden. You're still a fair bit away from it. Also, here's some advice I wish someone had given me when I was first playing. Immediately after you defeat the first boss, you'll come to an area where you can either go right and cross a very large bridge, or left and come to a small area with a knight standing on a small platform looking off into the distance. DO NOT attack that knight. He's friendly, and will help you a great deal throughout the game if you're friendly back.

    Roger that! i won't attack him haha happy Thanks
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by skarekrow13 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

    The Elite Set is probably a little ways off for you. Particularly if you play like I do which is to look in every nook and cranny before you press on. My best advice is this:

    Do what sounds good at the moment for you. Regardless of what we tell you it's all eventually going to come down to what you like to use and your playstyle. Also, you're going to make mistakes along the way. For instance, I upgraded my long bow (which is a little harder to get than the short bow) the wrong way and was very disappointed in myself but eventually got things back on track to what I liked.

    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:54 pm

    ^ That's very good advice. The nature of the game dictates that you're absolutely going to screw some things up, and most likely die quite a bit. Don't be discouraged by it. It's what the game is all about.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm

    skarekrow13 wrote:The Elite Set is probably a little ways off for you. Particularly if you play like I do which is to look in every nook and cranny before you press on. My best advice is this:

    Do what sounds good at the moment for you. Regardless of what we tell you it's all eventually going to come down to what you like to use and your playstyle. Also, you're going to make mistakes along the way. For instance, I upgraded my long bow (which is a little harder to get than the short bow) the wrong way and was very disappointed in myself but eventually got things back on track to what I liked.

    Well if i base myself on other game , i like to poke around every corner to see if i can find rare or hidden stuff, i'm also very careful ( not that it helped me alot so far haha) and while i like magic attack , i also like to do close up combat with my weapon and shield ( currently have wooden shield and hand axe).

    So i also wanted to know , what is the difference between Dexterity weapon and strenght weapon?


    _________________

    Prayer XBL : Bloodpact91 Prayer
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Slarg232 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:^ Don't listen to that armor advice. Yes, the chainmail probably isn't worth upgrading at this point, but the added defense it's going to give you for it's cheap price is absolutely worth it. As a new player, anything that can help you to better stay alive while you're learning is a good choice. That includes higher health and higher defense.

    The added defense from the Chainmail is so minimal that it honestly isn't going to be worth it, IMHO. Souls could be spent on arrows, bombs, or similar and it would work alot better.

    But yes, I agree with what Skarekrow said; do what sounds best to you. There is very little lost from dying unless you are stockpiling souls/humanity, so just go hog wild.

    And one last peice of advice for you, from EVERYONE here; Don't get frustrated and lose faith. Dying just makes the victory ever sweeter, and you're first play through is going to be hellish. Just take your time, and work through it at your own pace.

    Well, Dex weapons are usually lighter than STR ones, but the main difference is that most STR weapons hit harder but attack slower, and most Dex weapons hit for less and attack faster. Obviously, there are exceptions, and when you get good at building characters/playing the line blurs really fast.


    _________________


    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by skarekrow13 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:01 pm

    The difference between str and dex weapons is which of the two stats it works better with. Damage in the game is often increased by "scaling," a term you'll hear a lot around here. If it scales with dex then damage will increase with improved dexterity and vice versa. When you look at a weapons stats it will give a letter rating to attributes it scales with.

    EDIT: S is the best rating with A, B, C, D and E descending in rank. If there's no letter then it does nothing with that attribute

    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:06 pm

    Slarg232 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:^ Don't listen to that armor advice. Yes, the chainmail probably isn't worth upgrading at this point, but the added defense it's going to give you for it's cheap price is absolutely worth it. As a new player, anything that can help you to better stay alive while you're learning is a good choice. That includes higher health and higher defense.

    The added defense from the Chainmail is so minimal that it honestly isn't going to be worth it, IMHO. Souls could be spent on arrows, bombs, or similar and it would work alot better.

    Ya know what? That was kind of a crappy way for me to say it, so I apologize Slarg. You're also right. Part of the fun of the game is discovering how you like to do things based on your own style. Feel free to take whatever advice sounds best to you based on what feels most comfortable and natural. That's really the best thing you can do.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 pm

    skarekrow13 wrote:The difference between str and dex weapons is which of the two stats it works better with. Damage in the game is often increased by "scaling," a term you'll hear a lot around here. If it scales with dex then damage will increase with improved dexterity and vice versa. When you look at a weapons stats it will give a letter rating to attributes it scales with.

    EDIT: S is the best rating with A, B, C, D and E descending in rank. If there's no letter then it does nothing with that attribute

    Slarg232 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:^ Don't listen to that armor advice. Yes, the chainmail probably isn't worth upgrading at this point, but the added defense it's going to give you for it's cheap price is absolutely worth it. As a new player, anything that can help you to better stay alive while you're learning is a good choice. That includes higher health and higher defense.

    The added defense from the Chainmail is so minimal that it honestly isn't going to be worth it, IMHO. Souls could be spent on arrows, bombs, or similar and it would work alot better.

    But yes, I agree with what Skarekrow said; do what sounds best to you. There is very little lost from dying unless you are stockpiling souls/humanity, so just go hog wild.

    And one last peice of advice for you, from EVERYONE here; Don't get frustrated and lose faith. Dying just makes the victory ever sweeter, and you're first play through is going to be hellish. Just take your time, and work through it at your own pace.

    Well, Dex weapons are usually lighter than STR ones, but the main difference is that most STR weapons hit harder but attack slower, and most Dex weapons hit for less and attack faster. Obviously, there are exceptions, and when you get good at building characters/playing the line blurs really fast.

    Ok , well thanks to both of you! This forum looks very friendly happy

    Also i was reading that you connot summon other players if you are not human, is that true?
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:10 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:^ Don't listen to that armor advice. Yes, the chainmail probably isn't worth upgrading at this point, but the added defense it's going to give you for it's cheap price is absolutely worth it. As a new player, anything that can help you to better stay alive while you're learning is a good choice. That includes higher health and higher defense.

    The added defense from the Chainmail is so minimal that it honestly isn't going to be worth it, IMHO. Souls could be spent on arrows, bombs, or similar and it would work alot better.

    Ya know what? That was kind of a crappy way for me to say it, so I apologize Slarg. You're also right. Part of the fun of the game is discovering how you like to do things based on your own style. Feel free to take whatever advice sounds best to you based on what feels most comfortable and natural. That's really the best thing you can do.

    Ok , thank you happy Well either way i can't buy chainmail right now because i bought a scimitar but i had to spend points to be able to weild it , i'm still missing a little bit of souls to have 13 dexterity! happy
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:14 pm

    That's correct. You can only summon other players to help you if you're in human form, but being in human form also opens you up to the threat of invaders, who will try to kill you. You just have to way out the risk. That's also how the knight I was talking about to you operates. He gives you the item necessary for you to be summoned by other players, as well as making himself available to you as a summon for certain boss battles


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Slarg232 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:14 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:^ Don't listen to that armor advice. Yes, the chainmail probably isn't worth upgrading at this point, but the added defense it's going to give you for it's cheap price is absolutely worth it. As a new player, anything that can help you to better stay alive while you're learning is a good choice. That includes higher health and higher defense.

    The added defense from the Chainmail is so minimal that it honestly isn't going to be worth it, IMHO. Souls could be spent on arrows, bombs, or similar and it would work alot better.

    Ya know what? That was kind of a crappy way for me to say it, so I apologize Slarg. You're also right. Part of the fun of the game is discovering how you like to do things based on your own style. Feel free to take whatever advice sounds best to you based on what feels most comfortable and natural. That's really the best thing you can do.

    Oh not at all mate, I knew you didn't mean that rudely. You know what they say; two tigers can not rest on the same mountain, giving advice to a new guy is going to bring up different opinions


    _________________


    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:That's correct. You can only summon other players to help you if you're in human form, but being in human form also opens you up to the threat of invaders, who will try to kill you. You just have to way out the risk. That's also how the knight I was talking about to you operates. He gives you the item necessary for you to be summoned by other players, as well as making himself available to you as a summon for certain boss battles
    Ya i just got invaded , kinda sucked since all he did is summon some kind of circle of fire wich 1 shot me xD oh well silly

    And i saw some summon sign near the bonfire i'm at right now , if i summon somebody will we both get credit for kills? or only me? i don't want to make people waste their time on me xD
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Djem on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 pm

    My only advice: Don't forget to buy poison arrows.
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm

    Djem wrote:My only advice: Don't forget to buy poison arrows.

    I will when i get a bow! thank you big grin
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm

    Bloodpact91 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:That's correct. You can
    only summon other players to help you if you're in human form, but being
    in human form also opens you up to the threat of invaders, who will try
    to kill you. You just have to way out the risk. That's also how the
    knight I was talking about to you operates. He gives you the item
    necessary for you to be summoned by other players, as well as making
    himself available to you as a summon for certain boss battles
    Ya i just got invaded , kinda sucked since all he did is summon some kind of circle of fire wich 1 shot me xD oh well silly

    And
    i saw some summon sign near the bonfire i'm at right now , if i summon
    somebody will we both get credit for kills? or only me? i don't want to
    make people waste their time on me xD

    No, they get souls too. There are a number of different advantages to being a summon and helping your host win, so you wouldn't be wasting anyone's time.

    Also, if you're having problems with invaders, there's a guy in the Firelink Shrine, which is the area the giant crow brought you to, and also acts as a kind of hub throughout the game, anyway the fat guy who asks you to leave him alone will eventually offer to sell you things if you keep pestering him. He'll also offer to allow you to join a covenant called the Way of the White. Being a member of that covenant can make it harder for people to invade you, so it can be beneficial if you're having a problem with it. You'll soon open up a shortcut that leads back there too, so don't feel like you have to run all the way back.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Slarg232 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 pm

    Bloodpact91 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:That's correct. You can only summon other players to help you if you're in human form, but being in human form also opens you up to the threat of invaders, who will try to kill you. You just have to way out the risk. That's also how the knight I was talking about to you operates. He gives you the item necessary for you to be summoned by other players, as well as making himself available to you as a summon for certain boss battles
    Ya i just got invaded , kinda sucked since all he did is summon some kind of circle of fire wich 1 shot me xD oh well silly

    And i saw some summon sign near the bonfire i'm at right now , if i summon somebody will we both get credit for kills? or only me? i don't want to make people waste their time on me xD



    Nope, everyone gets souls for every kill, and humanity when you kill the boss (Correct? I don't usually Co-op....). In fact if you summon a Golden sign that isn't Solaire, you help them advance in their covenant (In game group), so they need to help you as their primary mission big grin


    _________________


    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:25 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:That's correct. You can
    only summon other players to help you if you're in human form, but being
    in human form also opens you up to the threat of invaders, who will try
    to kill you. You just have to way out the risk. That's also how the
    knight I was talking about to you operates. He gives you the item
    necessary for you to be summoned by other players, as well as making
    himself available to you as a summon for certain boss battles
    Ya i just got invaded , kinda sucked since all he did is summon some kind of circle of fire wich 1 shot me xD oh well silly

    And
    i saw some summon sign near the bonfire i'm at right now , if i summon
    somebody will we both get credit for kills? or only me? i don't want to
    make people waste their time on me xD

    No, they get souls too. There are a number of different advantages to being a summon and helping your host win, so you wouldn't be wasting anyone's time.

    Also, if you're having problems with invaders, there's a guy in the Firelink Shrine, which is the area the giant crow brought you to, and also acts as a kind of hub throughout the game, anyway the fat guy who asks you to leave him alone will eventually offer to sell you things if you keep pestering him. He'll also offer to allow you to join a covenant called the Way of the White. Being a member of that covenant can make it harder for people to invade you, so it can be beneficial if you're having a problem with it. You'll soon open up a shortcut that leads back there too, so don't feel like you have to run all the way back.

    Oh i know him! he gave me a copper coin didn't he? what is it for anyway? and i joined his convenant without knowing what it was xD
    avatar
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Canada

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Bloodpact91 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:29 pm

    Sorry if i ask alot of question but i just found some dragon remnant near the summon signs , does that also make me summon somebody?


    _________________

    Prayer XBL : Bloodpact91 Prayer
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:31 pm

    Yeah, that's the guy. The one who gave you the coin. The dragon remnant will summon someone to duel you. They will not be friendly

    It's all good with the questions. That's part of what the forum is for.

    And much later you'll be able to "sell" your coins for souls. So hang onto them

    Another thing you can do that will probably be helpful early on is to farm a spear. The two hollows that stand on the platform above the undead merchant in the burg, the ones that hide behind their shields and attack you with spears, can be killed over and over again by resting at the bonfire and going back and forth, and will eventually drop the weakest spear type weapon. They're helpful for new players because you can use them to attack while still blocking. The thrusting swords, like the rapier that the undead merchant sells can do that also.


    Last edited by PlasticandRage on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage

    Sponsored content

    Re: Hello Dark Souls players!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 pm