Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

So, about Fable on steam..

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

So, about Fable on steam.. Empty So, about Fable on steam..

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Hey guys, just got new laptop, old one died in a heroic effort to stay on without being propped up to help the fan for over 9 hours, before it die as I awoke still drunk and confused...

Anyhooo, i'm thinking of buying a game which i've wanted to play for a long time, but sadly being a sony devotee as far as consoles go (and having **** laptops), i've never had the chance to play it, is Fable. The original one, not the overly commercial sequels it spawned in soul moneys.

Is it really that good? does it hold up and remain fun? (considering i regularly go back and play ps2/1 games a lot) Is it worth an buy and play around basically.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

So, about Fable on steam.. Empty Re: So, about Fable on steam..

Post by User1 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 am

Oh yes, the original Fable, and with TLC are way better than Fable 2 and 3, which were both massive dissapointments to me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 am

I would say yes. I thought Fable 2 was fun but it never felt as awesome as the first one. I haven't played the latest yet.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I would say yes. I thought Fable 2 was fun but it never felt as awesome as the first one. I haven't played the latest yet.

as far as i've read, the concensus for 3 was it was just overly limited in your freedom, it was more linear than the others and the story was floppy too.

I think it's funny i follow series that i've never actually played before silly ill probably get it after my exams in february are done happy
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 am

The game is great, and my most beloved of games to this day.

If you're into 3rd person RPGs and you can look past the fact that the game was released in 2004, which means some other RPGs may have better functions, it's great.

The reason as to why i love it some much is the atmosphere. The atmosphere in the game is just... amazing and i can honestly say, based upon my opinion of course, that no game EVER has been able to pull off such great atmosphere.

Unless you've read a lot about the game, the game has a dark atmosphere along with some silly humor on the side, which was apparently inspired by Monty Python.

IMO the combat system in Fable: TLC is much better than its sequels, which seemed too plain and simple. The variety in spells is greater, and very enjoyable.

As for the difficulty, don't expect it to be very hard, unless you challenge yourself. An example would be the final boss in the TLC expansion, which without the Physical Shield, could become a challenge, as he nearly one hits you, however, with the spam of potions, that is of no problem. So to sum things up; Being that we're on a Dark Souls forum, you might look for a challenge, something that Fable: TLC won't give you, unless you make it hard for yourself.

I should also point out something that doesn't necessarily have to do with the game itself, but something i notice a lot of people do, including myself, that being: Don't complain about the game because you're used to newer games and it lacks something they don't. Now, i'm not claiming you usually do, mainly because i don't even know you, but also because, like i mentioned, i along with some friends have fallen for that ''trap''.

If you're interested in the full story, and you want more, you must buy the expansion The Lost Chapters aka Fable: TLC, and not just Fable. Seriously, GET FABLE: TLC!

I can't promise you will enjoy the game, because it's all about taste, but you just can't deny such an amazing atmosphere, and i hope you'll be able to see that too.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:00 am

Yes, it's awesome. Haven't played Fable 2, but I played Fable 3, it was ok, but just that, ok. I did a rushed first playthrough. The story wasn't that good either.

But Fable: Lost Chapters (special edition of Fable for PC), it's *** awesome. I played it close to it's launch date, awesome game, quite long, a good difficulty curve the game gets harder and harder as you progress but you at the start is easy.

Lots of extra stuff to do. The best thing is that most secondary quests don't feel forced, you just take them and gladly do them as they all involve action. Finally, the fact you have all the time bad and good decision to make ala Infamous is awesome. Yeah I know Infamous came later, I'm just giving you an example to give you an idea. Being bad or good has it's consequences, though kind of secondary, except key moments or end-game decisions which affect the story drastically.

I will never forget the Arena, fighting wave after wave...

To close up, the story is marvelous.

GO BUY IT!

And as a side-note, I'm gonna tell you what I tell anyone who is talking about PC games, BUY Hotline Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: FTL is also a cool indie game, "try it", then buy it if you like it silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 am

Yeah, the version on steam is TLC, as far as i'm aware only the xbox version was released as just the original content..

I'm not looking for a challenge haha, i'm not a hardcore like many guys on here, i simply play for enjoyment. In fact the reason I bougth dark souls was because i thought it would be a bit different to other games i've played.. and well i was right. A great purchase.

I don't complain too much, the only thing i ay get pissy about controls.. thats really something that didn't get perfected till getting towards the end of the 2000s, but considering it's a 2004 game i think it'll be fine haha. Don't worry rest assured I go back, buy and play old games and i love them, it's always refreshing to me really, like when i bought okami and it blew me away, or max payne.. never played a 3rd person shooter quite like that before winking

I'm not really that into pc gaming, this is very much a one off as i cant get fable on playstation, though i do like to dabble in the odd strategy game like the total war series, but thats a whole other board game really.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Yeah, the version on steam is TLC, as far as i'm aware only the xbox version was released as just the original content..

I'm not looking for a challenge haha, i'm not a hardcore like many guys on here, i simply play for enjoyment. In fact the reason I bougth dark souls was because i thought it would be a bit different to other games i've played.. and well i was right. A great purchase.

I don't complain too much, the only thing i ay get pissy about controls.. thats really something that didn't get perfected till getting towards the end of the 2000s, but considering it's a 2004 game i think it'll be fine haha. Don't worry rest assured I go back, buy and play old games and i love them, it's always refreshing to me really, like when i bought okami and it blew me away, or max payne.. never played a 3rd person shooter quite like that before winking

I'm not really that into pc gaming, this is very much a one off as i cant get fable on playstation, though i do like to dabble in the odd strategy game like the total war series, but thats a whole other board game really.

Well, i do hope you'll enjoy it, cause it's really a great game. Still play it on my 360 once in a while, though it gets kinda laggy. Sadly my original xbox controller is kinda f*cked, so playing on that one is annoying.

Y'know, that game is the reason i can speak english. tongue

Anywho, i hope you'll enjoy it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 am