Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Scudman_Slayer
User
SilenceOfKnights
Kyubi-Nick
JohnnyHarpoon
Forum Pirate
Emergence
JY4answer
berkut
Elysion
14 posters

What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah. - Page 4 Empty Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

Post by User Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:29 pm

ublug wrote:Many NPCs have a different view of what makes a hollow. When you attack or kill them they will say stuff like "You bloody Hollow!" and "No...impossible... Why didn't I see? ...You've gone Hollow...". So it might also be a state of mind, resorting to irrational actions like attacking your own kin.

It might be more so that they do not understand the process of hollowment to the mind themselves. They will even lecture the player for being hollow, even if they are of Human form. More so, it is a connection that they are making with you the player and hollows, and not the factor in which you and them are both equal.

Of course it does make sense, as those who go hollow turn to irrational creatures who attack anyone on sight who is also not hollow, particularly you the player. Examples include Logan, the Pyromancer of the Shrine, and the Crestfallen Warrior. it isn't that the player is hollow, more so they just see you as being them, in their perspective of being attacked irrationally. In that sense, Hollows are Irrational, as they are Drone Creatures of War, linked towards the Flame of Disparity and possibly Chaos. Possibly is key.

Their comments are more so an insult of sorts towards the player, similar to "You've gone mad", giving connection to an Insane Man in general. Irrational thoughts can be seen from many characters in Dark Souls, including Solaire when he becomes infected (not hollow), the Crestfallen Knight in Sen's Fortress, Lautrec and his greed... such things have been seen by other people of Dark Souls. It is unlikely the cause of such hollowment in the mind, however it could be what those who turn hollow become: Irrational.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah. - Page 4 Empty Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:
    ublug wrote:Many NPCs have a different view of what makes a hollow. When you attack or kill them they will say stuff like "You bloody Hollow!" and "No...impossible... Why didn't I see? ...You've gone Hollow...". So it might also be a state of mind, resorting to irrational actions like attacking your own kin.

It might be more so that they do not understand the process of hollowment to the mind themselves. They will even lecture the player for being hollow, even if they are of Human form. More so, it is a connection that they are making with you the player and hollows, and not the factor in which you and them are both equal.

Of course it does make sense, as those who go hollow turn to irrational creatures who attack anyone on sight who is also not hollow, particularly you the player. Examples include Logan, the Pyromancer of the Shrine, and the Crestfallen Warrior. it isn't that the player is hollow, more so they just see you as being them, in their perspective of being attacked irrationally. In that sense, Hollows are Irrational, as they are Drone Creatures of War, linked towards the Flame of Disparity and possibly Chaos. Possibly is key.

Their comments are more so an insult of sorts towards the player, similar to "You've gone mad", giving connection to an Insane Man in general. Irrational thoughts can be seen from many characters in Dark Souls, including Solaire when he becomes infected (not hollow), the Crestfallen Knight in Sen's Fortress, Lautrec and his greed... such things have been seen by other people of Dark Souls. It is unlikely the cause of such hollowment in the mind, however it could be what those who turn hollow become: Irrational.

Hi, I agree with what you said, but, I don't think Lautrec it's hollow (or mad), he is just a bad guy who wants more power (more humanity and more firekeeper souls). and he doesn't care is going to get it, also you can see he is not mad as when you help him he is grateful to you and tells you secrets about people (Petrus) and treats you very well. Obviously when you invade him in Anor Londo as a Spirit of Vengeance he realizes that you don't agree with his methods and that you're going to kill him.

I honestly believe that there should be a way to talk to him after he kills the Firekeeper and AFTER you acquire the lordvessel. There must be a way, why he would wait in Anor Londo forever? I believe that his story can advance through other path..

Have you tried this Acidic_Cook? Letting him kill the firekeeper and acquiring the lordvessel, the search for him should start there.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:02 pm

I have tried that, my friend. Sadly, nothing has turned up any different. others have tried with such ways as well. many who went without even killing him, even after having the orb, has had strange occurences where the chest would be closed in the Firelink Shrine when it NG+, although it was empty.

Lautrec wasn't mad or insane, but his way of doing this was irrational. His methods I agree with, as they do work at times. However I only kill him for power, as he does so as well. His aims, his true aims from being ascended by his God are... questionable. I have stated before that he might be after Seath for the vengance of the exiled Gods, but it is debatable.

Sadly, this game makes sure that the lore is hidden, and not all communication given by others is true, if not the whole truth. Many lie as well.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I have tried that, my friend. Sadly, nothing has turned up any different. others have tried with such ways as well. many who went without even killing him, even after having the orb, has had strange occurences where the chest would be closed in the Firelink Shrine when it NG+, although it was empty.

Lautrec wasn't mad or insane, but his way of doing this was irrational. His methods I agree with, as they do work at times. However I only kill him for power, as he does so as well. His aims, his true aims from being ascended by his God are... questionable. I have stated before that he might be after Seath for the vengance of the exiled Gods, but it is debatable.

Sadly, this game makes sure that the lore is hidden, and not all communication given by others is true, if not the whole truth. Many lie as well.

Maybe, but is he truly irrational only because he believes the the goddess Fina loves him? He has an armor that represents the love of Fina for him, okay we may think that it was crafted by himself, but what about the ring? The Ring of Favor and Protection's description clearly says that it represents blah blah Fina's protection. So Fina may have gave it to him. The only other NPC that has it too it's the strange, odd, and mysterious King Jeremiah, who is at Painted World. I really believe that there is at least a connection between Fina and Priscilla, mainly because they both have a death power. Maybe Priscilla is the crossbreed of Seath and Fina? Who knows.

off-topic: Have you tried kindling all bonfires, without killing any firekeeper (and reviving the one of firelink), and see what happens? Maybe Petrus tells you something about it because you kindled all bonfires (after he kills Reah), after all he is the one who tells you are going to get Great Powers through kindling. If nothing happens then try the Link the fire ending also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm