What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Share
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:04 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    how you would actualy defeat the game,it just dosen't make sense from the game design point.

    Only use Humanity.
    true but why would using an estus flake would make a difference.


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm

    the way someone goes hollow is by the lack of humanity

    as an undead humanity keeps you sane pretty much you need more and more and more humanity to keep yourself from insanity

    you see many characters you meet through the game go hollow meaning they completely ran out of humanity and are now pretty much crazy maniacs that want to kill you

    even if your humanity counter is 00 and you're in hollow form it doesn't mean you're insane it means you're close to becoming just as insane as someone who smoked weed in the middle of the street


    thats my take on hollowing

    flame of kindling...

    it is a flame made of humanity,meaning hollows don't go insane near them

    thats why you never see any enemies near a bonfire

    the bonfire releases humanity in the air slowing down the process of hollowing



    thats my take on the flame and thats all i have to say

    the rest is you to your imagination


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:08 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:the way someone goes hollow is by the lack of humanity

    as an undead humanity keeps you sane pretty much you need more and more and more humanity to keep yourself from insanity

    you see many characters you meet through the game go hollow meaning they completely ran out of humanity and are now pretty much crazy maniacs that want to kill you

    even if your humanity counter is 00 and you're in hollow form it doesn't mean you're insane it means you're close to becoming just as insane as someone who smoked weed in the middle of the street


    thats my take on hollowing

    flame of kindling...

    it is a flame made of humanity,meaning hollows don't go insane near them

    thats why you never see any enemies near a bonfire

    the bonfire releases humanity in the air slowing down the process of hollowing



    thats my take on the flame and thats all i have to say

    the rest is you to your imagination
    explain me how the crestfallen warrior gets hallowed


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:11 pm

    simple after you ring the two bells frampt appears in firelink

    go talk to crestfallen and he says the semlls is horrible due to frampt being there and he says he will go down to new londo to escape the smell

    and on the new londo due to no bonfire slowing the hollowing process he becomes hollowed and joins the fellow crazy bastards in there



    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by Carphil on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:13 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:simple after you ring the two bells frampt appears in firelink

    go talk to crestfallen and he says the semlls is horrible due to frampt being there and he says he will go down to new londo to escape the smell

    and on the new londo due to no bonfire slowing the hollowing process he becomes hollowed and joins the fellow crazy bastards in there


    After killing him the first time in New Londo, I love to kick his *** soon as I arrived to Firelink. Is great to practice parry


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 pm

    Lore-wise, Estus is a tool of the Gods that exists in order to get the Cursed to willingly donate (and thus destroy) their Humanity, which is actually the only thing tying them to their pre-cursed selves.

    The Gods fear the Dark Soul (Humanity), so the entire Undead Curse is a Holocaust of sorts against Humans and Humanity.
    hol·o·caust
       [hol-uh-kawst, hoh-luh-] noun
    1. a great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire.
    2. a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.

    So, while Estus is 'life-giving', it is as much a part of the Curse as anything else.


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:18 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:simple after you ring the two bells frampt appears in firelink

    go talk to crestfallen and he says the semlls is horrible due to frampt being there and he says he will go down to new londo to escape the smell

    and on the new londo due to no bonfire slowing the hollowing process he becomes hollowed and joins the fellow crazy bastards in there

    think about the fact when he leave he was human,actualy pretty much everybody that hallows were humans so there has to be another reason.


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:19 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Lore-wise, Estus is a tool of the Gods that exists in order to get the Cursed to willingly donate (and thus destroy) their Humanity, which is actually the only thing tying them to their pre-cursed selves.

    The Gods fear the Dark Soul (Humanity), so the entire Undead Curse is a Holocaust of sorts against Humans and Humanity.
    hol·o·caust
       [hol-uh-kawst, hoh-luh-] noun
    1. a great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire.
    2. a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.

    So, while Estus is 'life-giving', it is as much a part of the Curse as anything else.
    but who has the darks soul, maybe you are the dark soul and they traped you in time.


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:21 pm

    ...not really the hollowing process makes you look like that you see

    when you're in hollow state you look ugly as ****

    he was still in human form before the hollowing process started taking its tow

    however human form will keep you from becoming hollowed for so long

    he ran out of humanity and his sanity was slowly drained away and then he became what he became now


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:22 pm

    SilenceOfKnights wrote: but who has the darks soul, maybe you are the dark soul and they traped you in time.

    Humanity is the Dark Soul. Look at it...it looks just like a Boss' Soul but black.

    The 'Pygmy' isn't a character so much as it is simply Humans themselves. Humans are small compared to most everything (Chaos Witch even before she got turned into a monster, Gwyn, Gwyndolin, Seath, even Ornstein, Smough, etc.)


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote: but who has the darks soul, maybe you are the dark soul and they traped you in time.

    Humanity is the Dark Soul. Look at it...it looks just like a Boss' Soul but black.

    The 'Pygmy' isn't a character so much as it is simply Humans themselves. Humans are small compared to most everything (Chaos Witch even before she got turned into a monster, Gwyn, Gwyndolin, Seath, even Ornstein, Smough, etc.)
    the intro said THE pygmy not and The PYGMYS


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 938
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-01-26
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by berkut on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:47 pm

    'The' can still be a reference to a group, though you are correct in that pygmy is used in a singular way in the intro


    _________________
    PSN/Origin: Berkut4796
    When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

    berkut wrote:'The' can still be a reference to a group, though you are correct in that pygmy is used in a singular way in the intro
    i heard somewhere that the pygmy's descendant was sent to do something, i think it was to bring the age of darkness or something like that


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:54 pm

    Right, but the Pygmy is the progenitor of mankind.

    Have you ever sided with Kaathe?



    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 938
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-01-26
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by berkut on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 pm

    I haven't even finished the game once silly


    _________________
    PSN/Origin: Berkut4796
    When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:01 pm

    berkut wrote:I haven't even finished the game once silly

    Well I was talkin' to Jolly Cooperation over there, but damn, you've been 'round these parts for a while...savor it while it lasts!


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:03 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    berkut wrote:I haven't even finished the game once silly

    Well I was talkin' to Jolly Cooperation over there, but damn, you've been 'round these parts for a while...savor it while it lasts!
    i say that gwyn control time and he restart every time to keep the age of fire.


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by Carphil on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm

    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    berkut wrote:I haven't even finished the game once silly

    Well I was talkin' to Jolly Cooperation over there, but damn, you've been 'round these parts for a while...savor it while it lasts!
    i say that gwyn control time and he restart every time to keep the age of fire.

    Wrong!

    Is GWYNDOLIN that does that! But if you link the fire!

    Gwyn is hollow just like the crestfallen warrior!


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:06 pm

    Carphil wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    berkut wrote:I haven't even finished the game once silly

    Well I was talkin' to Jolly Cooperation over there, but damn, you've been 'round these parts for a while...savor it while it lasts!
    i say that gwyn control time and he restart every time to keep the age of fire.

    Wrong!

    Is GWYNDOLIN that does that! But if you link the fire!

    Gwyn is hollow just like the crestfallen warrior!
    so why when u kill her in a playthrough time still restart.


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:07 pm

    I could dig that, too.

    I wish 'Lost' somehow employed a time loop


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 pm

    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    berkut wrote:I haven't even finished the game once silly

    Well I was talkin' to Jolly Cooperation over there, but damn, you've been 'round these parts for a while...savor it while it lasts!
    i say that gwyn control time and he restart every time to keep the age of fire.

    Wrong!

    Is GWYNDOLIN that does that! But if you link the fire!

    Gwyn is hollow just like the crestfallen warrior!
    so why when u kill her in a playthrough time still restart.

    Cause it's magic!


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    berkut wrote:I haven't even finished the game once silly

    Well I was talkin' to Jolly Cooperation over there, but damn, you've been 'round these parts for a while...savor it while it lasts!
    i say that gwyn control time and he restart every time to keep the age of fire.

    Wrong!

    Is GWYNDOLIN that does that! But if you link the fire!

    Gwyn is hollow just like the crestfallen warrior!
    so why when u kill her in a playthrough time still restart.

    Cause it's magic!
    there has to be something that restart it.the questions is how and why.
    why is most likely to conserve something but what.


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:11 pm

    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    berkut wrote:I haven't even finished the game once silly

    Well I was talkin' to Jolly Cooperation over there, but damn, you've been 'round these parts for a while...savor it while it lasts!
    i say that gwyn control time and he restart every time to keep the age of fire.

    Wrong!

    Is GWYNDOLIN that does that! But if you link the fire!

    Gwyn is hollow just like the crestfallen warrior!
    so why when u kill her in a playthrough time still restart.

    Cause it's magic!
    there has to be something that restart it.the questions is how and why.
    why is most likely to conserve something but what.
    the age of fire. so the gods dont die


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:21 pm

    I mean, there is no right answer. But yeah, **** restarts.


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:23 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:I mean, there is no right answer. But yeah, **** restarts.
    i wonder if the pendant can be the savior to this time repeating proplem


    _________________
    ORO? :?:

    Sponsored content

    Re: What makes someone turn Hollow? Also, Flame of Kindling and Reah.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:30 pm